Talk to me about the Malediction.

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Luca Goh

Portrait

Post 2017.07.16 01:12

Talk to me about the Malediction.

I recently trained into Interceptors and am all excited to fly some T2 frigs. Right now I only have access to Amarr Interceptors, so I've been doing a bunch of reading on (and a bit of flying of) their varieties. Looking over the Uni wiki fitting page for the Malediction, I'm struck by the diversity of options present in both weapons and tanking. I would love to hear peoples' thoughts on fitting and using this ship, both for fleet tackle roles as well as possibly small gang/solo varieties, as well as how viable solo PvPing in a Malediction would in fact be, budget not excepting. I'm definitely intrigued by the idea of flying a fast/kitey ship that has an innate bonus to tank...
Image ImageImageImage
<<

Analiese Aubernet

Portrait

Post 2017.07.16 20:37

Re: Talk to me about the Malediction.

The Malediction has a very low damage output, I'm not sure how trying to solo in it would go. As far as fleet interceptor fits:

[Malediction, Prayer Tanked]
Damage Control II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Overdrive Injector System II

5MN Microwarpdrive II
Warp Scrambler II
Warp Disruptor II

Arbalest Compact Light Missile Launcher

Small Ionic Field Projector I
Small Auxiliary Thrusters II

Is one of my favorites.
<<

Decklin Quark Reiger

Portrait

Post 2017.07.16 21:58

Analiese's fit is very good - it focuses on pure speed and agility, and flies at 5280 m/s cold, with a 3.4s align time.

I personally prefer the fit below, which gives a bit better survivability for the occasional hit you do take, while still going 4646 m/s cold with a 3.57 align time.

[Malediction, Malediction - SAAR + Resists]

Damage Control II
True Sansha Adaptive Nano Plating
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer

5MN Microwarpdrive II
Warp Scrambler II
Warp Disruptor II

Arbalest Compact Light Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Light Missile

Small Auxiliary Thrusters II
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing II

Caldari Navy Nova Light Missile x500
Caldari Navy Mjolnir Light Missile x500
Nanite Repair Paste x80

You don't really use the SAAR during a fight - it's more to repair your armour after you've bounced away from a fight, which is a nice option to have, especially in null sec where you can't reliably dock or tether.

(For the adaptive nano plating, you could also use the Dark Blood version which is identical, but often costs less, or else the 'Refuge' version, for a lower cost.)

Either of those fits will work well for fleets as well as fast tackle for small gangs. For solo fighting, I'd recommend a different ship than a fleet interceptor. Combat interceptors *could* work, against the right opponent, but I haven't really tried it much.
<<

Analiese Aubernet

Portrait

Post 2017.07.17 13:42

Also, never not Quafe.
<<

Luca Goh

Portrait

Post 2017.07.20 23:49

Thanks for the feedback and fits. Looking at that speed fit makes me realize how much I need to learn manual piloting. Another mountain in Eve to climb. :wink:

Does anyone find that the Malediction has fundamentally more survivability (as opposed to just on-paper EHP advantages) than other fleet interceptors? The tank bonus is really intriguing to me, but I wasn't sure how to quantify its impact on survivability in practice.
Image ImageImageImage
<<

Analiese Aubernet

Portrait

Post 2017.07.21 01:00

I find that the Malediction is the fastest and most agile (except perhaps the stiletto) and that's what gives interceptors real survivability. Even with the tank bonuses you're still just a frigate without much buffer. They can't kill you if they can't hit you, however.
<<

Troven Smalvard

Portrait

Post 2017.07.21 10:46

love the malediction,

i usually fly the fit similar to Decklin's. The SAAR will rob your cap and then youll lose point and more importantly prop if you try and use it during a tackle, so as Deck says use it for betweens.
That said, it can be useful for a quick 2 cycles to mop up glancing shots as you spiral in on something bigger.

remember to pre heat your tackle so you can grab them that tick early

as for manual piloting, just x up and go for it. I learn something every time I scout. all the LSC FC's love new scouts and will help you with a back seat if needed
but if you've never done it before then practicing on a friend just trying to get in an orbit while they try and scram you isn't a bad start, but it wont beat the pvp shakes first time you get somthing big on your own and your praying the cavalry arrives

also don't forget to practice d-scan locating targets its a skill of its own to do quickly before locals get skitish and start docking up

final i don't think you should have problem with fitting room at this stage but if you do just drop a missile launcher, and get the speed and tackle right, your not there for dps anyway, i often fly a 0 dps stiletto.

final final make sure your at least cepter IV to get the decent MWD reduction bonus to keep you alive

gl

o7

ImageImageImage

Return to PvP Ship Loadouts