Pontifex Booster/Boosher

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Zeerse Solaris

Portrait

Post 2017.02.21 13:49

Pontifex Booster/Boosher

I'm training up my supporting alt into combat boosting and got him into a Pontifex as he's Amarrian, and I'll just caveat this with not having put any pre-thought into his skill queue, having got to advanced skirmish V (because you know, I want to be able to do them all and it looked like a cool one to start with and he has some really crappy stuff like cap man 2) :roll: .

There are no examples fits on our wiki at all so I based this on the killboards for what people seem to be flying, being quite bad at trying to fit things on my own, I'd welcome advice, my thoughts being:

Intended for our larger frigate/dessie roams, 10+ pilots, not small gang
A cap booster in case I'm being neuted so I can get off the boosts when I want to
Tank to try to survive being primary as long as possible to get off a boosh or boosts
Accepting the role as booster, not trying to add much damage dealing

The prettier stuff in the lows were reasonable without being full on bling.

Highs:
Command Burst II
Command Burst II

Mediums:
5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Micro Jump Field Generator
Small Capacitor Booster II

Lows:
Damage Control II
Imperial Navy 200mm Steel Plates
True Sansha Adaptive Nano Plating
Corpii C-type Thermal Plating
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Rigs:
Small Command Processor I
Small Trimark Armor Pump II

For his current skills (cap being something I am now training given I didn't realise it was that bad!) he's 99.64% on cap, and gets just under 13,000 ehp on the fitting window, I think with a bit more training he might squeeze in a gun or maybe a drone link.
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor
<<

K950

Portrait

Post 2017.02.21 16:44

Re: Pontifex Booster/Boosher

This is Dizzop Bengal's Pontifex fit. https://spectrefleet.com/doctrine/fit/632

Here's what I would put out.

[Pontifex, Pontifex - Armor Buffer 2 Link 400mm]

IFFA Compact Damage Control
400mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates
Corpii A-Type EM Plating
Corpii A-Type Thermal Plating
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler
5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

Information Command Burst II, Electronic Superiority Charge
Armor Command Burst II, Armor Energizing Charge
125mm Gatling AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S

Hobgoblin II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5
Warrior II x5

Generally, if it's a fleet fight worth breaking out the big stuff, they'll have Damnations or Slepnirs.
<<

Decklin Quark Reiger

Portrait

Post 2017.04.30 16:56

If you're determined to have a cap booster in a mid slot, this fit has 2 boosts, a MJFG, and 21k EHP, with the lowest resist around 80% under self-boosts, depending on skills.

SPOILER WARNING!
[Pontifex, double links - cap booster]

400mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
True Sansha Adaptive Nano Plating
Corpii A-Type Thermal Plating

5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 200

Armor Command Burst II, Armor Energizing Charge
Armor Command Burst II, Rapid Repair Charge
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Hobgoblin II x5
Warrior II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

Navy Cap Booster 200 x12

using cap booster 200's means that you should be able to activate both boosts, the MWD, *and* the MJFG from the capacitor you get from a single charge.

It has no guns, but if you swap the cap booster for a scram once your cap skills are better, you can fit some autocannons.

A basic Armored Command Mindlink is a fairly inexpensive (for the benefit it gives your fleet) way of increasing the boost strength, as well.

Really though, you should work on those cap skills so you don't need the cap booster - that's a valuable mid slot.
<<

Raido Kudonen

Portrait

Post 2017.04.30 19:43

Both of the above fits are reasonably good. One of the things that they, and all command destroyer fits appropriate for fleets, have in common is that they have no damage mods. You should never fit damage mods on command destroyers fit for fleet usage, as those slots should be devoted to tank or speed.
"What is good in life, Raido?"
"To crush your enemies. To see them bubbled before you, and to hear the lamentations of their carebears."

<<

Budda Sereda

Portrait

Fittings Manager
Fittings Manager

Post 2017.05.18 17:35

And quite recently fitting department published typical Pontifex fits to Wiki: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Pontifex
Join in-game "Budda's Fleet" channel for impromptu activities and quick updates on my future fleets.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.05.19 12:11

Why is one of the Pontifex fittings using a Shadow Serpentis Adaptive Nano Plating module, when the only difference between that and the Adaptive Nano Plating II is that the latter requires Hull Upgrades IV (which you already require with the Damage Control II that's fitted). You're literally throwing 400k+ down the drain for nothing as the shadow module is three times as expensive without giving you anything in return.

Heck, unless I'm reading this wrong, the meta 4 'Refuge' Adaptive Nano Plating I is equal to that as well, and it's currently priced at half the T2 version.

So much for module tiercide :)
<<

Raido Kudonen

Portrait

Post Yesterday 11:44

Cass, I'd suspect someone was told "look for deals on the good faction ANPs", meaning Dark Blood/True Sansha which often are quite cheap, and picked the wrong green module by accident. A few million is entirely reasonable for tank on a T2, mission-critical hull.
"What is good in life, Raido?"
"To crush your enemies. To see them bubbled before you, and to hear the lamentations of their carebears."

Return to PvP Ship Loadouts