Post 2017.10.26 17:23

[Fit] PvE Prophecy for 5/10s and others

Greetings.

After some considerable investigation I have settled on the Prophecy as a cheap and practical vessel for running DED 5/10 escalations and Level 3 missions, along with other sites like Vigils and DED 4/10s on a budget.

The Prophecy is an Amarr Tech I combat battlecruiser with bonuses for drone effectiveness and armor resistances. Being a combat battlecruiser, it can fit a medium microjump drive and/or a semi-useful command burst link. I have found that this ship is suitable enough even for Angel 5/10s and does okay enough as long as you're not clumsy. Let's get to the fit:

[Prophecy, Prophecy - Armor Dual Prop RLML PvE]

Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Medium Micro Jump Drive
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Drone Navigation Computer I

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Scourge Light Missile
Armor Command Burst I, Rapid Repair Charge

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Caldari Navy Wasp x2
Vespa II x2
Hornet II x4
Vespa II x3
Hornet II x1
Hornet EC-300 x5
Bouncer I x3

This is the basic fit. Change drones to suite your racial flavor, along with the missile types. Because of DPS reasons, this fit benefits a lot from Fury light missiles.

For 5/10s, run the first room with the fit above. Before the wave is entirely complete, I drop a Mobile Depot and refit to this fit below for better durability:

[Prophecy, Prophecy - Armor Dual Prop RLML PvE 5/10]

Damage Control II
Armor Explosive Hardener II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Medium Armor Repairer II

10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Medium Micro Jump Drive
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Cap Recharger II

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Light Missile
Armor Command Burst I, Rapid Repair Charge

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Caldari Navy Wasp x2
Vespa II x2
Hornet II x4
Vespa II x3
Hornet II x1
Hornet EC-300 x5
Bouncer I x3

As before, change drones, active hardener and ammo to suite. You can make it capstable by stuffing a Power Relay in place of the last DDA. Guristas sites may need a sensor booster in place of the cap recharger:

The Stasis Towers in the final room (use this fit) are tricky. They are about 37-41 km from the warpin, perfect for Bouncers. They also have a weakness to EX damage which makes Bouncers perfect for the job. The first 30 seconds are critical and can get spicy hot real quick. To do this last room in this hull, do this:

* Refit for the fit above.
* Make sure your overview preset will show the Stasis Towers. Sort by type so you can find them quickly. Speed is extremely important. Use Standard T1 or faction missiles: Fury won't reach far enough.
* Slide the gate. Activate the link.
* Activate both reppers in warp with opposing cycle times.
* Quickly lock up all three Stasis Towers, dropping the Bouncers as you land. Set the Bouncers on one Tower, run overheated RLMLs on the 2nd, and once the first one is dead, put the Bouncers on the third.
* When the Towers are done, yank the drones, point the ship behind the blob and off to the side a bit, turn on the afterburner (may have to overload reppers and hardener), hit the MJD.
* When repositioned, drop sentries again and shoot frigates and destroyers, kill cruisers afterwards once they get close enough.
* MJD back to the structure (Angels) or the boss (other sites). Don't bother with the battleships.

I carefully considered other ships: Cyclones, Drakes, Myrmidons...I personally have concluded the Prophecy is the most capable T1 battlecruiser for running the sites listed above on a budget.

Thanks for reading!