Viator

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Fergus Echerie

Portrait

Post 2017.06.11 15:12

Viator

Must admit to being slightly confused by all the posts, fitting tools, wiki pages on this. Am a few days off being able to fly one and trying to work out how quick an align time you can actually get?

The wiki suggests 3s but is that correct given that's < 3 due to server tick?

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Blockade_Runners

I cannot get below 4 even with most navigation skills at V. Don't have access to pyfa just now but that's full Tech II istab and friction rigs.

Any opinions on the best fit for the Viator,I'll be almost exclusively using it to run out of NullSec so speed is definitely No 1 consideration.
<<

Zang Xuu

Portrait

Post 2017.06.12 00:56

Re: Viator

Spaceship command 5 and evasive maneuver 5 are necessary to get the align times down.

I am not a fan of blockade runners in null, or at least unscouted ones. A single sabre will ruin your day.

This fit will do 4s alignment:
SPOILER WARNING!
[Viator, 4s]

Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Medium Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
[Empty High slot]

Medium Low Friction Nozzle Joints II
Medium Cargohold Optimization II

You can get below 3s (and thus rounded up to 3s), particularly if you use a 3% "rogue" implant. Again, I think your losses in null will be decloaks when bubbled, rather than delayed alignments.
<<

Fergus Echerie

Portrait

Post 2017.06.12 04:58

Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought, certainly not going to risk a fancy implants set.

Skills wise I think this is my best/safest option, certainly don't have a Jump Freigher lying around :)
<<

Hespire Malneant

Portrait

Post 2017.06.12 15:48

I suggest you look at this oldie-but-goodie.

tl;dr -

• Rig for cargo capacity, and carry 3x Expanded Cargohold II, 2x Nanofiber Internal Structure II, and a WCS.
  • Fit Expanded Cargohold II until you can carry the load you're hauling, then add a WCS, then fill the lows with Nanofiber Internal Structure II.
  • Don't fit a shield extender. It blooms your sig radius and makes you easier to lock. If you ever need the hitpoints it provides you're dead anyway.

EDIT:
Oh, and take the advice about Spaceship Command V and Evasive Maneuvering V. Your align time will be < 4s. You're probably looking at EFT with the MWD turned on, which raises your mass so much that it cuts your warpout time by a couple of seconds.

EDIT EDIT: I misread OP, thought you said you couldn't get below 5s. 3s warpout time is possible with a gimped fit like this:

SPOILER WARNING!
[Viator, fast align]

Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
[Empty High slot]

Again. make sure you have the MWD turned off. Why you would want to do this, I don't know.
<<

Fergus Echerie

Portrait

Post 2017.06.12 17:23

I never realised there was a default "active" for modules on pyfa, thankyou that was exactly the issue :shock:

Can now get <4 which is what I was attempting to do.

Appreciate the feedback but not sure I understand what you meant here?

Again. make sure you have the MWD turned off. Why you would want to do this, I don't know.
<<

Hespire Malneant

Portrait

Post 2017.06.12 17:52

Fergus Echerie wrote:
Appreciate the feedback but not sure I understand what you meant here?

Sorry, bad formatting. The last sentence was with respect to the idea of fitting a Viator that way.
From upthread,

Zang Xuu wrote:
I am not a fan of blockade runners in null, or at least unscouted ones. A single sabre will ruin your day.

{ snip }

Again, I think your losses in null will be decloaks when bubbled, rather than delayed alignments.

What he said. If you want to use one for getting out of Null, use that open hi slot for a probe scanner and use WHs?
<<

Fergus Echerie

Portrait

Post 2017.06.12 18:25

Appreciate the clarification.

My plan, being new to all this, was to BR out of NullSec then DST to market.

Seems the consensus is just to avoid hauling in NullSec at all due to bubble risk and try and get to Low/High via a WH then continue in BR from there?

I've been scanning for WH anyway but looking for N2H to reduce risk of running an Epithal.
<<

Devinnis Pollard

Portrait

Assistant Teaching Manager
Assistant Teaching Manager

Post 2017.06.13 05:29

Fergus Echerie wrote:Appreciate the clarification.

My plan, being new to all this, was to BR out of NullSec then DST to market.

Seems the consensus is just to avoid hauling in NullSec at all due to bubble risk and try and get to Low/High via a WH then continue in BR from there?

I've been scanning for WH anyway but looking for N2H to reduce risk of running an Epithal.

The NSC offers a jump freighter service between the campus and Jita that you could use if you're looking to haul from around there.

Return to PvE Ship Loadouts