General News and Status: Aldrat Hidden Belt 15

For discussion of other games, TV, movies, books, etc.
Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Logistics, Professor, ILN Captain, Server Admin

Re: General News and Status: Aldrat Hidden Belt 15

Post by Turhan Bey »

2015.10.07 16:55 - Mod added "Grinder and Welder Restoration", which restores the ship grinders and welders to "pre-lag-reducing nerf status". In short, it slightly increases the area of effect for ship grinders and welders.
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
Seamus Donohue
Title: Professor, Living Encyclopedia, Graduate

Post by Seamus Donohue »

Turhan Bey wrote:2015.10.07 16:55 - Mod added "Grinder and Welder Restoration", which restores the ship grinders and welders to "pre-lag-reducing nerf status". In short, it slightly increases the area of effect for ship grinders and welders.
Specifically, it reverts the grind volumes and weld volumes to what they used to be in an older version of vanilla Space Engineers.
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Turhan Bey »

2015.10.08 23:12 - Server updated to version 01.103.004.
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Turhan Bey »

2015.10.09 22:26 - Server updated to version 01.103.006.
ImageImageImage
Seamus Donohue

Post by Seamus Donohue »

2015.10.12 01:30 - Server fell over while I was drilling away rock for an interior cavern. Turhan restarted the server a few minutes after it went down.
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Turhan Bey »

2015.10.16 02:27 - Server updated to version 01.104.007.

2015.10.16 17:57 - Server updated to version 01.104.011.
ImageImageImage
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Turhan Bey »

2015.10.23 20:47 - Server updated to version 01.105.015.
ImageImageImage
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Turhan Bey »

Players should keep in mind that we are (anxiously) awaiting the "planets" update for Space Engineers. We will likely reset the world soon after it is released. We may wait a bit longer if the "netcode" fixes are coming soon after that, which has been rumored. We won't wait if it seems that it will take longer than a couple of weeks after.

The thing is, there is not yet any definite timeframe for the "planets" update. Players are free to play in the meantime, of course. But many of the regulars are taking an extended break in anticipation of the world reset.
ImageImageImage
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Turhan Bey »

For those who haven't heard yet, the Planets Update has been released. \o/
We'll wait a bit to see how it pans out as far as stability. They've already released a rapid patch just a couple of hours later. We'll also try to get a sense of when the rumored "big netcode update" may be released; if it isn't too far into the future then we may wait for it as well. If it is, then we may go ahead and roll out Aldrat Hidden Belt 17 without it.

Stay tuned!
ImageImageImage
Jeff Kione

Post by Jeff Kione »

Holy things have changed a lot since I last played, that looks amazing!
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Turhan Bey »

2015.11.18 17:42 - Server updated to version 01.108.946 and started up.

NOTE: This is only a test world, designated AHB16b, and will not be permanent. But feel free to log in and mess around if you wish. The only mod we will be using (for this and for the next permanent world) is an informational mod that shows info on blocks being looked at.
ImageImageImage
Seamus Donohue

Post by Seamus Donohue »

Okay, I tried to spawn in a Planetary Lander, but something seemed to be different from Singleplayer. I won't be able to try again for 13 more minutes, but I THINK I started with empty batteries, whereas Singleplayer starts with full batteries.

[edit] Yeah, something's wonky, here. The batteries are draining way too fast for some reason. I'm going to need Operator powers on the server to investigate this. This is absolutely not playable, as Planetary Landers can NOT be set down on the surface intact.

My second lander hit the ground semi-hard, and the upper half of it is now hovering at GPS:Hovering lander:8577.83:12276.24:-59390.03: out of my reach. [/edit]
ThatGuy123 TheSmiths

Post by ThatGuy123 TheSmiths »

Will the new world be infinite in size or limited?

Iirc we limited the size because we thought that was a source of the stuttering/lag we were initially experiencing. But we learned after that it was just the lag of having too many floating entities and then leaving the area. We somewhat solved it by placing blocks on the asteroid before mining.
Drakken Keisterbane

Post by Drakken Keisterbane »

Seamus Donohue wrote:Okay, I tried to spawn in a Planetary Lander, but something seemed to be different from Singleplayer. I won't be able to try again for 13 more minutes, but I THINK I started with empty batteries, whereas Singleplayer starts with full batteries.

[edit] Yeah, something's wonky, here. The batteries are draining way too fast for some reason. I'm going to need Operator powers on the server to investigate this. This is absolutely not playable, as Planetary Landers can NOT be set down on the surface intact.

My second lander hit the ground semi-hard, and the upper half of it is now hovering at GPS:Hovering lander:8577.83:12276.24:-59390.03: out of my reach. [/edit]
My experience on MP has been fairly good regarding actually landing the lander. Pretty sure you did this already, but try to align your cross hair with the horizon line and press the spacebar or C keys as soon as you spawn in. That definitely seems to help. Once you come to a complete stop, then move about in the direction you want as you would normally. Don't pay attention to the fuel time too much. The batteries are indeed full, but they are not reading out correctly. Hopefully, Keen will fix this soon.
Personnel Officer | Reimbursement Officer | AMC Member | Solidude | Incursion Runner
ImageImageImageImageImage
Seamus Donohue

Post by Seamus Donohue »

ThatGuy123 TheSmiths wrote:Will the new world be infinite in size or limited?

Iirc we limited the size because we thought that was a source of the stuttering/lag we were initially experiencing. But we learned after that it was just the lag of having too many floating entities and then leaving the area. We somewhat solved it by placing blocks on the asteroid before mining.
If we do have planets, then it has to be infinite. The Earth-like is 63 kilometers in radius, so parts of the planet would be outside the largest available world border.
Drakken Keisterbane wrote:My experience on MP has been fairly good regarding actually landing the lander. Pretty sure you did this already, but try to align your cross hair with the horizon line and press the spacebar or C keys as soon as you spawn in. That definitely seems to help. Once you come to a complete stop, then move about in the direction you want as you would normally. Don't pay attention to the fuel time too much. The batteries are indeed full, but they are not reading out correctly. Hopefully, Keen will fix this soon.
I did that in Singleplayer a few times, already, so I know exactly what you mean. Multiplayer, however, the Batteries are mysteriously not providing power. I'll try again in the morning, though; I was outside, this evening, away from the computer.

Also, in the one case where I survived the crash, the jetpack never ran out of hydrogen, provided that I kept Inertial Dampeners off.