EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack

Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
<<

Tau Hopper

Portrait

Post 2019.03.26 19:58

EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack

Humble Bundle -what else- is holding a sale on space-themed games... including CCP's EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/eve-valkyrie-warzone
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/gunjack

They both sell with a 50% discount until the end of March so, at 2.49 EUR, I am tempted to get the latter. Still, has anyone played them? Are they worth a try? And, most importantly, can one nonetheless play them without a VR headset?
AMC Officer | Mining FC, 2nd Class

ImageImageImage
<<

Tau Hopper

Portrait

Post 2019.03.26 20:20

Re: EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack

Ok, replying to myself, it appears EVE: Valkyrie is playable without a VR headset:

The Verge wrote:EVE: Valkyrie, the multiplayer space dogfighting game that launched with the Oculus Rift in 2016, has gotten an update that makes the VR headset optional. The new expansion, called EVE: Valkyrie - Warzone, changes the Valkyrie gameplay pretty significantly. [...] But most notably, it adds non-VR PC and PlayStation 4 support, allowing cross-platform competition with players on the existing Oculus Rift, PlayStation VR, or HTC Vive versions, which will get a “free mandatory upgrade” to Warzone.

, but Gunjack isn't:

CCP Frame wrote:Gunjack is built from the ground up as a VR experience. This means that the game will not run without the HTC Vive or Oculus Rift headset. Please make sure that you own the HTC Vive or Oculus Rift headset before purchasing the game.

What a pity: I was already daydreaming about shooting down Abaddons and other Amarrian stuff.

AMC Officer | Mining FC, 2nd Class

ImageImageImage

Return to Videogames and Media