Final Fantasy VII Remake

Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
<<

Edhin Delphiki

Portrait

Post 2019.05.28 00:25

Final Fantasy VII Remake

All,
What are the feelings of my fellow Unistas on FF VII Remake? I have a feeling that I will spend some time around the New Year with this title. I like what I see even so far. Some of the voice acting I will have to get used to, but I think they will grow on me. I am hoping the December 31, 2019 date stays true.

Warm Regards,
Edhin Delphiki
<<

Adree Jericho

Portrait

Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Post 2019.05.28 02:29

Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake

Don't mean to be the wet blanket, but I kind of got over FF7 (and JRPGs generally) like ten years ago.

That's the nice thing about not being beholden to my childhood: I get to be 100% immune to the remake/reboot/rehash mania in games and (especially) films trying to cash in on my nostalgia.
<<

Edhin Delphiki

Portrait

Post 2019.05.28 12:02

Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake

Adree Jericho wrote:Don't mean to be the wet blanket, but I kind of got over FF7 (and JRPGs generally) like ten years ago.

That's the nice thing about not being beholden to my childhood: I get to be 100% immune to the remake/reboot/rehash mania in games and (especially) films trying to cash in on my nostalgia.

Well, I could not have imagined that was the first response. I can understand that perspective.

I do not mind nostalgia. JRPG(s) are a genre that I still like to play from time to time. I plan to start a family IRL here soon and sharing the genre with my child(ren) is something that I think would be fun. In between events or long training queues, I sometimes mix it up on gaming genres to keep the feel fresh.

Warm Regards,
Edhin

Return to Videogames and Media