[Minecraft] UniCraft 7-0 FTB Continuum

For discussion of other games, TV, movies, books, etc.
Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
Dunar Dolorgiet
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Education, Resident Data Wizard, He Puts On His Robe And Wizard Hat

[Minecraft] UniCraft 7-0 FTB Continuum

Post by Dunar Dolorgiet »

Pack: FTB Continuum 1.5.2-1.12.2 (CurseForge Link / available in Twitch client)
Connection Info: PM me

I'd copy the original mod pack description but it's about as informative as my text. So yep, expert mode of some sort .. and no magic mods.

The server is whitelisted, if you want to join please post in here.

House Rules:
  • - ECS (http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/ECS) is fully applicable
    - Standard rules from viewtopic.php?f=185&t=36031 apply
    - Any sort of abuse will result in a warning. Second offence will result in a ban.
    - Any sort of griefing will result in a ban. No second chances.
    - Apply common sense when building, the server resources are shared by all players.
    - Quarries are restricted to the space between 2000 and 2500 from spawn, use voidminers instead.
You can claim up to 100 chunks and chunkload 50.
Teleport commands are left at default with the default cooldowns.
Worldborder is 5000 (2500 from center).

As the pack contains no method to create a dedicated mining world feel free to mine in the overworld. Please use common courtesy. Any large-scale excavations are restricted to the space between 2000 and 2500 from spawn.

p.s. I had some issues regarding Java 10, a downgrade to JRE 8 Update 172 solved the issue for me.

Whitelist:
  • -Adraa (Ignar Anthar)
    -BaldBeard (Troven)
    -brandon048
    -EGXC (friend of Seamus)
    -Fussball21 (friend of Ariea)
    -jbs2 (Ariea)
    -REI_II (friend of Turhan)
    -Seamus_Donohue
    -ShegunnaBlow
    -stellarfirefly (op, Turhan)
    -Tne (op, Dunar)
Image Image Image Image
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Logistics, Professor, ILN Captain, Server Admin

Re: UniCraft 7-0 FTB Continuum (TEST)

Post by Turhan Bey »

Requesting whitelist:

stellarfirefly (me)
REI_II (friend)
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
Ariea Thellare
Title: LSC Officer, Ariea Thellwere you hoping for a better vanity title?, Killboard Staff, Graduate, Reimbursement Staff

Post by Ariea Thellare »

jbs2 - me
Fussball21 - cousin
SRP Officer | Graduate | Killboard Staff | Production Manager | Production Officer
Image Image Image Image Image
ImageImage
Shegunna Blow

Post by Shegunna Blow »

-ShegunnaBlow (some guy)
EVE University - EX-Diplomat
EVE University - EX-LSC Coordinator
Has no Responsibilities anymore... WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Welcome to EVE University. My job is to prepare you for leaving EVE University.
*This message is composed of 100% recycled electrons*
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Turhan Bey »

Note that a version 1.0.2 has been released with an associated server update. The 1.0.2 client is unable to connect with our 1.0.1 server. Players will need to update to the 1.0.2 client, but don't do it until the server is updated.
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
Dunar Dolorgiet
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Education, Resident Data Wizard, He Puts On His Robe And Wizard Hat

Server has been updated to version 1.0.2-1.12.2
Image Image Image Image
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director

Re: UniCraft 7-0 FTB Continuum

Post by Turhan Bey »

Thread stickied because this is the current and official server instance.
ImageImageImage
Brandon Lasques
Title: Freshman

Post by Brandon Lasques »

Requesting waitlist: brandon048

I’m assuming that if this modpack has the mods required to make your own dimensions like a mining world for quarries, those will be disabled. If the modpack can create new dimensions, I think it would be useful for a mining world to be made so the overworld isn’t covered in holes. Also is there Extra Utilities in this modpack? Haven’t looked at the modlist yet...
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Turhan Bey »

The previous Expert Mode modpack actually came with an early-game mining world. However, Continuum doesn't seem to have one anymore. Hence the rule about no quarry operations except for 2000m and further out from 0,0 coords. (There's also the old standing rule of no nether lava-lake drainage except for 1000m and further out from 0,0.)

I'm not sure yet what kind of dimensional abilities are in this modpack. I'm sure we'll figure it out in time, though. :)
ImageImageImage
Dunar Dolorgiet
Retired Director
Retired Director

Easiest way to avoid gaping holes in the ground is to not have any quarries in the pack ... which seems to be the route this modpack took. There's the Builder Shapecard .. but that seems to be at a place in the tech tree where you no longer care about making holes.
Image Image Image Image
Brandon Lasques
Title: Freshman

Post by Brandon Lasques »

Dunar Dolorgiet wrote:Easiest way to avoid gaping holes in the ground is to not have any quarries in the pack ... which seems to be the route this modpack took. There's the Builder Shapecard .. but that seems to be at a place in the tech tree where you no longer care about making holes.
I was mainly asking if this pack had extra utilities in it since the ender quarry doesn't make holes at all. It just replaces the stone, ore, etc with dirt. And the enderthermic pump does the same for lava and water but replaces it with stone.
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Turhan Bey »

The extrautils2 jar is in the mods folder but the Ender Quarry does not appear in a JEI search, so we cannot be sure yet if they are enabled in this modpack. The two most likely possibilities are either (a) they were removed or (b) the method of acquiring them was drastically changed.

A search in JEI for "quarry" reveals only the six Shape Cards for an RFTools Builder. So, there's the possibility that is the only quarry-level machine available.
ImageImageImage
Dunar Dolorgiet
Retired Director
Retired Director

Ender Quarry are disabled as far as I can tell. The main quest line pushes you toward Void Miners. Bee's are also a thing in this pack.
Image Image Image Image
Ariea Thellare
Title: LSC Officer, Ariea Thellwere you hoping for a better vanity title?, Killboard Staff, Graduate, Reimbursement Staff

Post by Ariea Thellare »

Yeah, rfbuilder and void miner are the only possibility for a quarry. Getting the builder is reasonably easy, but the shape cards are way endgame.
But with they correct card, they can be made to not leave "giant gaping holes", ie. Fill them with dirt.
Bees are a pretty good because gendustries is enabled afaik, which takes most of the annoying rng out of it.
SRP Officer | Graduate | Killboard Staff | Production Manager | Production Officer
ImageImage
Dunar Dolorgiet
Retired Director
Retired Director

Updated to version 1.1.0
Image Image Image Image