EVE Vanguard: A New Frontier in the EVE Online Universe

For discussion of other games, TV, movies, books, etc.
Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
999999 22222

EVE Vanguard: A New Frontier in the EVE Online Universe

Post by 999999 22222 »

Good day fellow Capsuleers, I’ve got some thrilling news for you! Our beloved space MMORPG, EVE Online, is about to get a whole lot more exciting with the launch of a brand-new first-person shooter (FPS) module, the one and only, EVE Vanguard! Let’s dive right into the details!

(Image credit: CCP)

RELEASE DATE

The first test of EVE Vanguard is set to blast off in December 2023! And guess what? All EVE Online Omega players are invited to the party!

GAME DETAILS

EVE Vanguard isn’t just any FPS game. It’s a stand-alone module in EVE Online, crafted with the cutting-edge Unreal Engine 5. Get ready to be blown away by stunning graphics and immersive gameplay that’s set to redefine the FPS landscape in 2024!

In this PvPvE extraction shooter, you’ll step into the boots of a Warclone, descending onto the surfaces of planets scattered across New Eden. Your mission? Survive, complete contracts, and aid your factions, alliances, or even just yourself in the grand scheme of EVE Online.

EVE Vanguard is all about strategy and survival. You’ll take on contracts, drop to the surface, scavenge for materials, and complete objectives. Once you’ve achieved your goals, it’s a race against time to extract back to orbit, battling other players and the environment itself.

HOW TO DOWNLOAD

You can download it directly from the EVE Online launcher once its official release.

EXPECTATIONS

EVE Vanguard is designed to reflect every aspect of EVE Online. Whether you’re a Soldier of Fortune or an Industrialist, there’s a role for you. You’ll even be able to craft on the fly, using materials gathered on the planet to create the perfect ammo to take down enemies. Plus, Biomass can be used to heal yourself and your party in between engagements.

As time goes on, the connection between EVE Online and EVE Vanguard will deepen, with player contracts, industrial objectives, and more being added over time!

CONCLUSION

EVE Vanguard is set to be a game-changer, offering a fresh perspective and gameplay experience for EVE Online players. With its integration with the main game and the promise of future updates, it’s definitely a game to keep an eye on in the coming months! So, gear up and get ready to embark on an unforgettable journey in EVE Vanguard!

That's all from me, so buckle up, tighten your seat belt and fly safe!

REFERENCES:

EVE Vanguard | Brace for Impact. (n.d.).
https://vanguard.eveonline.com
Hafer, L. (2023, September 27). EVE Vanguard aims to be the EVE FPS that Dust 514 wasn’t - IGN. IGN.
https://www.ign.com/articles/eve-vangua ... -514-wasnt
Stanton, R. (2023, September 22). EVE: Vanguard is CCP’s latest attempt at a shooter, but don’t call it Dust 2. Pcgamer.
https://www.pcgamer.com/eve-vanguard-is ... it-dust-2/
Bradford, J. (2023, September 22). EVE Online’s New FPS, EVE Vanguard, Is An PvPvE Extraction Shooter, Test Coming This December. MMORPG.com.
https://www.mmorpg.com/news/eve-onlines ... 2000128975
Last edited by 999999 22222 on 2023.11.14 15:02, edited 9 times in total.
Kachida Ulanai

Re: EVE Vanguard: A New Frontier in the EVE Online Universe

Post by Kachida Ulanai »

I wanna play the game soon but i'm an alpha clone hehehe
Polredra Redleif

Post by Polredra Redleif »

Kinda looking forward to this. However from the description it looks like an extraction shooter and I've never been fond of those. I'll definitely give it a try though.
Grawd

Post by Grawd »

I wonder how impactful it would be for EVE Online players who do not intend to dive into it. Would they be at a disadvantage vs. players who do?
Grawd
ImageImageImageImageImage
Raven Luna

Post by Raven Luna »

I went in during the recent playtest. And quickly died. Then went in again and died again. Found 2 friends and we all went in and died.

Loved every minute of it. :D