[Minecraft] UniCraft 7-0 FTB Continuum

For discussion of other games, TV, movies, books, etc.
Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
Seamus Donohue
Title: Professor, Living Encyclopedia, Graduate

Re: UniCraft 7-0 FTB Continuum

Post by Seamus Donohue »

I haven't logged in for a while, but I tried just now and the server seems to be down.
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Logistics, Professor, ILN Captain, Server Admin

Post by Turhan Bey »

I've finally had some time to check up on things now that the server is upgraded to Continuum 1.5.2 and it appears they've made some very welcome QOL recipe changes. There were some gating materials that were just far too tedious, for example, iridium. Seriously, even after months with this as my hand-mining operations I still didn't have enough to progress:

I've been declaring the older Infinity Evolved a much better expert-mode mod due to better recipe balance, but it looks like they have fixed such issues in Continuum now. (Or at least, the ones that I knew about.)
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
Dunar Dolorgiet
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Education, Resident Data Wizard, He Puts On His Robe And Wizard Hat

Post by Dunar Dolorgiet »

Imo Infinity Evolved was leaps and bounds ahead of Continuum in balance, depth and polish. Fit and finish of the recentish FTB packs has been lackluster to say the least.

I left a cache of UU-Matter in your place, feel free to use or toss it.
Image Image Image Image
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Turhan Bey »

Nice, thank you. I'll try to progress without using it, but if they haven't addressed all of the problem gating items then I may have to.

BTW, how do you even make UU-matter? I don't see the Mass Fabricator available, and NEI isn't showing anything.
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
Dunar Dolorgiet
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Education, Resident Data Wizard, He Puts On His Robe And Wizard Hat

Post by Dunar Dolorgiet »

Matter Fabricator from Tech Reborn. It's in the "Industrial Rebirth" section of the quest book, lower left corner.
Requires Tungsten (Industrial Blast Furnace with 2500 heat, Chrome and Iridium (either from ore or nuggets centrifuged from Platinum).

The heat required for the Tungsten might be the biggest unforseen hurdle, be prepared to upgrade your blast furnce with Reinforced or Advanced Casings.
Image Image Image Image
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by Turhan Bey »

Looks like they changed tungsten acquisition as well. You get it from centrifuging lava cells or endstone dust.
ImageImageImage
Turhan Bey
Retired Director
Retired Director

Re: [Minecraft] UniCraft 7-0 FTB Continuum

Post by Turhan Bey »

2018.12.03 - Server appears to be unresponsive. I haven't checked it in quite awhile, so I dunno how long this has been.
ImageImageImage
Audrey Thinkerbolt

Post by Audrey Thinkerbolt »

I'm feeling the itch again.
Does UniCraft still exist?
Disclaimer: I, indeed, read the whole thread. That doesn't necessarily mean, that my answers are on topic or even funny.
Audrey Thinkerbolt

Looks like UniCraft is dead.

But has someone ressources of the older worlds like 2-0 or 3-0?
Or even full world downloads?
Disclaimer: I, indeed, read the whole thread. That doesn't necessarily mean, that my answers are on topic or even funny.
Audrey Thinkerbolt

I found an old map from World 3? https://i.imgur.com/QISIdh4.png Does anyone else have any material left?