[EVE Echoes] Players?

Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
<<

Cariq

Portrait

Post 2020.08.18 06:03

[EVE Echoes] Players?

Is anyone playing EVE Echoes? If so, have you joined a corp you like? (have you formed a corp with other unistas?)

While there are no plans for an official E-Uni corp (unlike DUST514, which was quite unique!), I'm wondering if other Unistas are playing this and grouped up.
Graduate, Current Titles Officer, Former Personnel Officer
In Rust We Trust
  • EVE wormholer & miner; former DUST514 Unista
  • Mine all the places. Active at AMC, WHC, NSC, & HSC.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Sinjin Hawk

Portrait

Post 2020.10.02 13:17

Re: [EVE Echoes] Players?

Cariq wrote:Is anyone playing EVE Echoes? If so, have you joined a corp you like? (have you formed a corp with other unistas?)

While there are no plans for an official E-Uni corp (unlike DUST514, which was quite unique!), I'm wondering if other Unistas are playing this and grouped up.

Just curious... cause I haven't seen any information one way or the other on the Wiki. Does EVE University have a presence in EVE Echoes? Cause, I ran across a player with EVE University as a Corporation in Null last night who did not respond. If there is no presence in the game, someone may need to make it known on the Wiki that there is an imposter Corporation. If so... hey, glad to have a new class exploring the frontiers of Deep Space and would love to see more articles as good as they have ever been.
It has been a long time since I flew in a blob fleet (circa 2013), but I will always have fond memories of the Year of War where E-Uni was camped by anyone and everyone that Revaan could get to come attack us in Pator. So many names flown on, but was good to still see some that I knew around.
Fly Safe! o7

As for Echoes itself... it is certainly different than I remember EVE Online being.
No PVP above 0.5... travel and mining feels weird without having to keep a lookout and some systems still make me want to sneak through (Dodixie? Yep)
The Markets are in different systems. And the pathing can be very different if you are avoiding Low / Null.
Low is still going through Growing Pains. Players were camping everything in sight for a while and tanking gate guns, but 2-3 fixes later the guns no longer focus on one player (no matter the range) and the damage was increased that no current ship can withstand the damage. This broke the chokehold on Low for the time being.
Null is mostly enjoyable... and many Alliances are still working out who is who and if there are spies among us. Many are online in shifts and coverage of the systems can be spotty at different times of the day.
No Implants (similar Learning Cognition Chips) that you can lose and affect your training is soooo very nice. Just grab a basic Frigate and fly anywhere when you need to. Also, there are no clones, so there is no jumping back and forth to different systems (it that even still exists in EO).
Sadly, No Orcas. The Humpback is not even close to being what the Orca was (also no Hulk). Also, Strip Miners do not target a rock... they AOE the belt... so there is some different mechanics in where you park your ship.
Many modules are in different locations... so most build information from the Wiki is simply not helpful at all. In most cases, the theory still seems to be good, but there is much experimentation ongoing currently.
No API. This affects so much of what we know about the game. Feels more like a Discovery Phase where lots of people are building spreadsheets again.
No Killmail Leaderboards. This is driving many people crazy... lol... right now you can post screenshots, but that's about it.
No Bookmarks. Such a strange thing to miss, but such an essential thing for so much of what we did in EO... we're hoping we get that before Probes appear. Also, no real DSCAN or many of the tools we took for granted.
Limited Fleet options. No Logs (minor logs for Wallet, but none for Hangars). No reprocessing in hangars (talk about OOF trying to clear out Inventory so you can process ore for others... a Mammoth makes a good RV for the processor in station). No per station permissions.
Can you call it a mobile game? Well... it certainly plays well on a phone... but to truly experience it, you're still sitting near a computer for many things you need to do. The music is very similar if not the same. Carry a charger with you, you'll need it.
Oh... and STAY AWAY FROM JITA!!! As always, the most overcrowded system in existence. Bad enough to get warp locked up to 7 systems out where you play the lottery and spam Warp hoping to inch closer and closer to Jita. Sadly, without PVP in Hi Sec, there is no way to make Jita Burn Again in Echoes.
Last edited by Sinjin Hawk on 2020.10.02 14:22, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Jilokari Kurvora

Portrait

Director of Operations
Director of Operations

Post 2020.10.02 14:21

Sinjin Hawk wrote:
Cariq wrote:Is anyone playing EVE Echoes? If so, have you joined a corp you like? (have you formed a corp with other unistas?)

Just curious... cause I haven't seen any information one way or the other on the Wiki. Does EVE University have a presence in EVE Echoes? Cause, I ran across a player with EVE University as a Corporation in Null last night who did not respond. If there is no presence in the game, someone may need to make it known on the Wiki that there is an imposter Corporation. If so... hey, glad to have a new class exploring the frontiers of Deep Space and would love to see more articles as good as they have ever been.
It has been a long time since I flew in a blob fleet (circa 2013), but I will always have fond memories of the Year of War where E-Uni was camped by anyone and everyone that Revaan could get to come attack us in Pator. So many names flown on, but was good to still see some that I knew around.
Fly Safe! o7

Hey, thanks for this :)

EVE University, does not have a presence in EVE Echoes. As EVE Echoes is a spin off from EVE rather than an extension of EVE Online the Uni has decided to focus on the main game.

We are aware of corps using the name EVE University and Ivy League names and icons. Specifically speaking to the iconography It is a combination of standard graphical elements offered by CCP, Which means there are a few corps who have imitated us over the years :D

Hopefully our namesake will provide the same quality services For our mobile brethren that we do and we wish them luck!

In direct response to your feedback though we have made a few small tweaks to our wiki:

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/EVE_Echoes

o7
Director of Operations

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Sinjin Hawk

Portrait

Post 2020.10.02 14:27

Jilokari Kurvora wrote:
Sinjin Hawk wrote:

Fly Safe! o7

Hey, thanks for this :)

EVE University, does not have a presence in EVE Echoes. As EVE Echoes is a spin off from EVE rather than an extension of EVE Online the Uni has decided to focus on the main game.

We are aware of corps using the name EVE University and Ivy League names and icons. Specifically speaking to the iconography It is a combination of standard graphical elements offered by CCP, Which means there are a few corps who have imitated us over the years :D

Hopefully our namesake will provide the same quality services For our mobile brethren that we do and we wish them luck!

The iconography is a combination of standard graphical elements offered by CCP, Which means there are a few corps who have imitated us over the years :D Hopefully our namesake will provide the same quality services For our mobile brethren that we do and we wish them luck!

In direct response to your feedback though we have made a few small tweaks to our wiki:

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/EVE_Echoes

o7

Thank you. It is good to have an official stance on Echoes. Wish everyone the best over there! o7
<<

Cariq

Portrait

Post 2020.10.02 21:48

I'd heard that we would have no official presence over there - unlike DUST514 which was quite fun to be in the Uni there! - but I still joined the EVE Echoes E-Uni corp out of curiosity & familiarity. It must've been created by a unista or an admirer, as they chose Slays as their HS hq :lol:
Graduate, Current Titles Officer, Former Personnel Officer
In Rust We Trust
  • EVE wormholer & miner; former DUST514 Unista
  • Mine all the places. Active at AMC, WHC, NSC, & HSC.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to Videogames and Media