Anime

Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
<<

Carthereon Crust

Portrait

Post 2016.10.19 05:21

Re: Anime

I actually just got around to watching season 1 the other week. Having recently watched Your Lie in April, I keep expecting bad things to happen =P

E-Uni Bittervet
<<

Zedah Zoid

Portrait

Post 2016.12.03 17:04

I just finished watching Psycho Pass. I thought it was awesome.
<<

Reaperian

Portrait

Post 2017.01.13 20:32

Uh great an Anime thread.

I just started watching Anime a year ago, just out of curiosity. For newcomers who want to get a taste of it, I can really recommend the following list:

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls057577566/

It covers all genres and so far I only got one disappointment.
<<

Master Akira

Portrait

Post 2017.01.17 04:27

Reaperian wrote:Uh great an Anime thread.

I just started watching Anime a year ago, just out of curiosity. For newcomers who want to get a taste of it, I can really recommend the following list:

Out of curiosity, which one of that list did you dislike? I enjoyed all of those when I watched them, in various degrees ofc, some of those would not make it to my best 100 list (Koi Kaze is not that good, just shocking), and some of those would definitely not be on those spots (xxxHolic as 95 because Natsume Yuujincho does it better? lol), but other than that I can't see any obvious "disappointment"

Damn you 120px image height constraint >.<
<<

Reaperian

Portrait

Post 2017.01.31 22:36

Master Akira wrote:
Reaperian wrote:Uh great an Anime thread.

Out of curiosity, which one of that list did you dislike? I enjoyed all of those when I watched them, in various degrees ofc, some of those would not make it to my best 100 list (Koi Kaze is not that good, just shocking), and some of those would definitely not be on those spots (xxxHolic as 95 because Natsume Yuujincho does it better? lol), but other than that I can't see any obvious "disappointment"

Maison Ikkoku is just not bearable. After 10 episodes I just quit the whole series and never looked back.
<<

Carthereon Crust

Portrait

Post 2017.09.30 22:53

So, I had to pop in here to highly highly highly recommend Made in Abyss for anyone looking for a show to watch. The final episode (of hopefully the first of many seasons to come) was yesterday. I gave it a 10/10 rating, which I rarely do, simply because of how emotionally rung-out I felt after the final few episodes.

The Abyss—a gaping chasm stretching down into the depths of the earth, filled with mysterious creatures and relics from a time long past. How did it come to be? What lies at the bottom? Countless brave individuals, known as Divers, have sought to solve these mysteries of the Abyss, fearlessly descending into its darkest realms. The best and bravest of the Divers, the White Whistles, are hailed as legends by those who remain on the surface.

Riko, daughter of the missing White Whistle Lyza the Annihilator, aspires to become like her mother and explore the furthest reaches of the Abyss. However, just a novice Red Whistle herself, she is only permitted to roam its most upper layer. Even so, Riko has a chance encounter with a mysterious robot with the appearance of an ordinary young boy. She comes to name him Reg, and he has no recollection of the events preceding his discovery. Certain that the technology to create Reg must come from deep within the Abyss, the two decide to venture forth into the chasm to recover his memories and see the bottom of the great pit with their own eyes. However, they know not of the harsh reality that is the true existence of the Abyss.

So the anime will probably hook you the first episode with the visuals and the music alone. The first part of the season is sorta-kinda slow, with lots of character and world development, and it leads you into believing the show is going to develop in one direction. The second half of the season though, it clubs you upside the head, drags you onto the feels train, and chains you there with the realization that you got baited in the best way. This is on-par with, if not better than, the genre reversals people have come to know in shows like Madoka and Gakkou Gurashi, and the final episode was the first time in years I've shed tears while watching an anime.

WATCH IT NAOW

E-Uni Bittervet
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2017.10.01 17:47

> The Abyss

Sources for streaming?
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
<<

Carthereon Crust

Portrait

Post 2017.10.01 19:11

Turhan Bey wrote:> The Abyss

Sources for streaming?

I believe Amazon has the streaming license for MiA.

E-Uni Bittervet
<<

Diosamer Mindarain

Portrait

Post 2017.11.01 04:54

Zedah Zoid wrote:I just finished watching Psycho Pass. I thought it was awesome.

I enjoyed Psycho-Pass very much. Some of the reviews I read weren't kind to it (others were...), but all and all it posed some fascinating possible future uses of tech and out of control totalitarian bureaucracy. Very violent and dark as well, which always draws me in.

<<

Asayanami Dei

Portrait

Post 2017.12.04 22:06

Asayanami Dei wrote:I'm watching the new GITS: Arise, Alternative Architecture, and it's good. I like the idea of turning the OVA into a series.

oh look, it's been 2 and a half years since I watched anime... Let's fix that.

Actually that's a lie, I watched Gantz 0 recently on netflix. But I haven't been here a while. What's good out there in terms of scifi these days? Also, is MA still alive?
<<

Onzo Yoder

Portrait

Post 2017.12.05 07:31

Asayanami Dei wrote:
Asayanami Dei wrote:I'm watching the new GITS: Arise, Alternative Architecture, and it's good. I like the idea of turning the OVA into a series.

oh look, it's been 2 and a half years since I watched anime... Let's fix that.

Actually that's a lie, I watched Gantz 0 recently on netflix. But I haven't been here a while. What's good out there in terms of scifi these days? Also, is MA still alive?

MA?
Previous

Return to Videogames and Media