Kerbal Space Program

Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
<<

Kermit Pental

Portrait

Post 2017.01.14 01:16

Kerbal Space Program

Xiang Fong wrote:
Croixant wrote:Other than Mechjeb which other mods you use/recommend?

Croix

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement makes rockets may less noodly by making the wider nodes actually stronger, a must have for large rockets. Kerbal Alarm Clock is a tool which gets awesome once you go interplanetary allowing you to set alarms for important stuff like windows and SOI changes. Apart from that I'd advise any part mods you like, as long as your computer can still run it(Mine can't :( )

Helps a lot if you can use the 64bit version.

I also recommend the following:

Docking camera
Kerbal engineer (excellent for helping to build and also extra in flight huds)
Kerbal base systems (for building bases on moons contains some amazing parts and works with life support mods)
Quantum Struts (reinforcements you can turn on and off)
TAC life support (more ways to kill your kerbals)
Kerbal attachment system (great for EVA work)
Kerbal inventory system (^)
Planet shine (improves the lighting)
Distant object enhancer

There is also an app you can get that lets you select mods to install from a list and it does it all for you. I use it but have forgotten the name :opps:

There are more modes that I use as well I'll update it tomorrow
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2017.01.14 06:16

Re: Kerbal Space Program

I need to jump back in to KSP sometime if even for only an hour or two, after being away for so long. What is the best beautifier mod these days? (For planets/moons.)
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
<<

Xiang Fong

Portrait

Post 2017.01.14 11:47

Kermit Pental wrote:There is also an app you can get that lets you select mods to install from a list and it does it all for you. I use it but have forgotten the name :opps:

I think it was CKAN, not sure though

BTW, the statistics say this thread now has exactly 30000 views!
<<

Kermit Pental

Portrait

Post 2017.01.14 12:12

Yes its CKAN! :D

Here is the Kerbal forum thread for it : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/154922-ckan-the-comprehensive-kerbal-archive-network-v1221-temporary-thread/#comment-2919934

This makes life so much easier when it comes to handling and installing mods.

As for texture enhancements the go to used to be http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/69702-112-ksprc-renaissance-compilation-artworks-remake-v-07-pre-release-3/ but I've not used it for a while so I am unsure if its compatible with 1.2.2

Another good mod is Universal Storage http://www.kingtiger.co.uk/kingtiger/wordpress/2015/06/24/universal-storage-a-part-mod-for-ksp/ it adds new ways of well storing things on your craft which means small payload bays so no needing to have science parts hanging off the side of your ship to get burnt up or stuck to the capsule to hide it from the kiss of the fires from reentry.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

anikingamers Dissconected

Portrait

Post 2017.01.17 13:55

I just struggled trying to build a space station :lol:
<<

morphoze

Portrait

Post 2017.04.10 17:27

I struggled getting through the tutorial, got stuck on the sequence grouping thing.
<<

Kermit Pental

Portrait

Post 2017.04.11 08:18

morphoze wrote:I struggled getting through the tutorial, got stuck on the sequence grouping thing.

Sequence grouping? The staging? What's your boggle? :D
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

morphoze

Portrait

Post 2017.04.14 21:13

Staging, that's the one. Just couldn't get the break away sequence to be recognised so that I could continue with the tutorial, so I gave up :)
<<

Akachi Isimazu

Portrait

Post 2017.05.25 21:52

morphoze wrote:Staging, that's the one. Just couldn't get the break away sequence to be recognised so that I could continue with the tutorial, so I gave up :)

Kerbal space program tutorial well it's not so good. It does not show how to builds a ship. And there is no career mode tutorial.

I recommended some youtube career mode videos to see how build ship that can actually go to first to orbit to Minbus(it's easier to land Mimbus less gravity) and mum.
Previous

Return to Videogames and Media