which Faction to join?

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Finno Issier

Portrait

Post 2015.09.29 18:55

which Faction to join?

It looks like right now Gallente and Caldari are "Tier 2" and Minmatar is "Tier 4" while Amarr is "Tier 1".

There are two things I don't understand:

1) Since rewards seems to scale with the tier, what is the possible reason someone would join Amarr? You're guaranteed lower payouts, no?
2) What prevents Minmatar from just "winning" over Amarr?

If "offensive plexing" gives higher rewards than "defensive plexing" and there are more Minmatar FW pilots, what prevents them from just totally taking over the Amarr space?
<<

Maekchu

Portrait

Post 2015.09.30 07:15

Re: which Faction to join?

I cannot give you an answer to the Amarr - Minmatar region. Nothing is stopping the Minmatar from taking over the whole region. However, Amarr - Minmatar seems like the part of FW more filled with farmers. Once the prices for Minmatar items drop too drastically, I suppose the farmers will swap side. It was not too long ago, the Amarr where in Tier 4-5 while Minmatar where in Tier 1.

So Gallente - Caldari faction space remains. And the question which side to join? Well, I can tell you that which side you decide to join doesn't matter too much. There are decent fights to be had on both sides. I'm not really into the politics of FW, since I just roam solo. But I know, if you are looking for bigger corporations, that Gallente at least have corps like Rapid Withdrawal and Brave Privateers take takes in FW noobs.
<<

Gilly Hakaari

Portrait

Post 2015.09.30 14:43

Finno Issier wrote:1) Since rewards seems to scale with the tier, what is the possible reason someone would join Amarr? You're guaranteed lower payouts, no?

Since they are only tier 1 there is less of the amarr LP in the hands of players and therefore less of their loyalty point stuff on the market, so althought you get less LP the isk/LP conversion is higher than the minmitar (who's faction stuff is cheaper atm due to all the farmers so the isk/LP rate is worse).
Though ofc thats just from an isk point of view, people may want to join cos they have friends there, roleplaying reasons, the corp they wanna join is in it etc. The only people who will be affected by the tier when picking sides are the farmers who just want LP out of it, people who want to join FW for the PVP will choose sides based on other reasons than faction tier.

Finno Issier wrote:2) What prevents Minmatar from just "winning" over Amarr?

If "offensive plexing" gives higher rewards than "defensive plexing" and there are more Minmatar FW pilots, what prevents them from just totally taking over the Amarr space?

Its boring, basically. Plexing is cool when you're in campaigns fighting/defending systems and having battles over each plex. But in the min-amarr warzone that is less frequent since its made up of a lot of farmers (not totally ofc, a few corps out there still fight on). Plexes have set times too, theres no way to 'blitz' them like you can with missions, so they plex to get themselves to Tier 4 for the bonus LP and then blitz certain level 4 faction missions in stealth bombers (minnie FW missions are the easiest to do this with supposedly). So nothing is really stopping them from doing it, they just dont want/need to.

Why do you ask? Are you looking to get into FW? If so I can recommend a few corps on either side of the cal/gal warzone depending what you're interested in
<<

Lonestar Shwartz

Portrait

Post 2015.10.01 03:32

Research the corps just like you would for any other aspect of the game. One with logistics, LP & loot buy back programs make it easier to stay out there fighting more easily.

On top of that some folks are more sensitive about salt &/or vulgar language in comms. Times that fleets go out or are they around the clock for when u have insomnia.
<<

Gavello

Portrait

Post 2015.10.26 19:21

Lonestar Shwartz wrote:Research the corps just like you would for any other aspect of the game. One with logistics, LP & loot buy back programs make it easier to stay out there fighting more easily.

On top of that some folks are more sensitive about salt &/or vulgar language in comms. Times that fleets go out or are they around the clock for when u have insomnia.

Just wanted to add to this now that I have my own experience in faction warfare.

Corporation aren't everything and if your self sustainable look into signing up as a solo player. Calmil almost always have a public fleet up and Brave are always up for letting new/militia players into their fleets. So finding players to play with I never had too much of an issue with. Can even end up with some amazing bash fights against the local pirates.

Another concern maybe timezone. From what I've been told, Gallente is more EU heavy while Caldari are more US heavy though I'd doubt that be too much of an issue.

And lastly, Tiers aren't everything, it usually just means whatever side usually has more farmers. You can check out the current stats for the factions on the FW screen ingame to give you an idea of what kind of content your looking for. I always like to play on the side of the underdog with as much PvP possible for me so Caldari was a solid choice in that regard.
HSC | Incursion Group | <3 LSC | Loser/Importer of many Thrashers
Mercenary
<<

Tiberius NoVegas

Portrait

Post 2017.06.06 12:02

the Amarr-Minmatar FW has been being manipulated for a while now...theres a few good articles out on the web about it, basically farmers floor one faction earning as much LP as they can then buy all the nice faction items and begin controlling its value on the market...CCP has made a few measures to control this but the farmers still do there best at it. As stated before they will occasionally switch side to change up the faction items they are getting.
<<

HyperFlareX

Portrait

Post 2017.06.06 22:45

Definitely scope out the corporations first, if you don't care about stuff like lore. A good corp is much more important than the current tier or whatever. Ultimately you'll have to decide for yourself which corps are a good fit. Browse their recruitment posts, check out youtube, talk to people.

Return to Factional Warfare