[EVENT] Friday Night Fight Club 19:00 ET, Amygnon

Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in planning or advertising your event, contact our Events Department.
<<

Chair Rambo

Portrait

Post 2016.04.09 22:27

Re: [EVENT] Friday Night Fight Club 20:00 ET, Amygnon

Thanks for throwing this together! I had no idea what to expect with next to no PvP experience but I knew it would be fun. Being Pacific Coast US, I never get much chance to get in on these events, but glad I made this one! Will try to get more Fridays off of work now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
<<

Tavion Aksmis

Portrait

Post 2016.04.15 11:44

A radical thought. Do you have to have tackle on your ship in this format??

Yeah the opponent will most likely escape, but you have a stronger ship as it frees up a slot and some fitting.
<<

Azure Rogue

Portrait

Post 2016.04.15 12:35

Tavion Aksmis wrote:A radical thought. Do you have to have tackle on your ship in this format??

Yeah the opponent will most likely escape, but you have a stronger ship as it frees up a slot and some fitting.

From the rules, it's unclear if your opponent loses the fight if they warp out, but I would assume the fight ends if one of the two parties leave the arena. If that's the case then I'd almost always plan to either bring a scram/web (to shut down MWDs) or double web (a nice counter to AB fits) or web+utility mid as there is literally no point (ha!) to bringing a warp disruptor unless you just really want to destroy a hull. If I'm wrong and participants warping off does not end in a loss for that participant then bringing a warp disruptor could make sense.

That being said, I hope to be there for the event today as it sounds really fun :)

I'm also hoping to be the cruiser for the hunt part at some point!
<<

Titus Tallang

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2016.04.15 13:07

Azure Rogue wrote:I'm also hoping to be the cruiser for the hunt part at some point!

I think Jax wants another shot at catching my Rupture tonight, but I'll be at Fanfest next week so you can do then? :D
Scientia potentia est.
If a statement I made seems offensive to you, please be assured that this was not my intent.
If I am mistaken about something, please tell me about it. We improve through sharing knowledge.
<<

Tavion Aksmis

Portrait

Post 2016.04.15 13:11

As you have said; if you want to stay outside scram range I do not see a point for a warp disruptor either. This leads me to thinking about a, at least on paper, very strong dual anchillar shield repper sniper ship. As well as swapping scram+web for double web (more range, and you will slow down MWD fits enought to catch up anyway).

I also want to be the cruiser one day :P
<<

Jax Renalard

Portrait

Post 2016.04.15 15:36

Tavion Aksmis wrote:A radical thought. Do you have to have tackle on your ship in this format??

Tackle is a must. This is to train for actual PVP. Warping off is considered a forfeit, but it is still better than losing your ship entirely. Ill make that clear on the bulletpoints thanks for pointing that out.
<<

Rose Alice

Portrait

Post 2016.04.17 13:21

Since this is outside my timezone want i want the HSC to become a "thing" where people stay.
who ever finishes "first" can choose a pirate frig of their choice and runner up can get faction navy frig of their choice.

I Expect to be hearing from Jax soon with results.
<<

Jax Renalard

Portrait

Post 2016.04.17 18:14

Thank you again to those fine folks that came up to the Thunderdome and joined us on our second Fight Club. Fantastic duels were hand and great fun all around. Congratulations to all that fought and took down that space menace Titust Tallang. Please post your feedback about the night here.
Results are recorded here.
I recorded and compiled a YouTube video of the fights. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=977TNALx9PU
<<

Enns Stilkatan

Portrait

Post 2016.04.17 21:35

It was really good, loved the commentaries we did as well as the fights and the hunt. Very fun.
<<

Tavion Aksmis

Portrait

Post 2016.04.18 07:48

Great fun :D Looking forward to next Friday :D
<<

Jun Mikoto

Portrait

Post 2016.04.18 17:17

awesome video - and a lesson learned

friday i wasnt sure why i survived this fight. after seeing darnys fitting, i think there was a huge skillpoint difference between my opponent and me.
plus his rockets were the wrong damage type

based on my solokestrel rocket fit, i was scared by the idea to be drawed to a kitey tristan and get blown up without getting in range.

:idea: :arrow:

SPOILER WARNING!
[Kestrel - Light Missiles]

Ballistic Control System I
Ballistic Control System I

Missile Guidance Computer I, Missile Precision Script
J5 Enduring Warp Disruptor
5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
[Empty Med slot]

Arbalest Compact Light Missile Launcher, Inferno Light Missile

Small Warhead Rigor Catalyst I
Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I
[Empty Rig slot]

so pulling range, not getting scram/webbed was the plan to survive.

after watching the vid, i feel embarrassed by my poor piloting. epic fail. :oops:

tl;dr

had fun, learned something, cant wait for next ffc.
<<

LeFleur

Portrait

Post 2016.04.18 23:49

I'm glad you all had fun and managed to learn so much. Thanks for organizing something we don't talk about, and here's hoping I can't talk about it for a long time.
<<

Arkady Olenard

Portrait

Post 2016.04.21 22:23

Will try to make it tomorrow (this is supposed to be happening every Friday, right?).

20:00 UTC is a hard time for us US folks, especially on the west coast - for me it's 1pm. I imagine there's enough interest in running a US timezone instance of this as well; I'd definitely be willing to help organize if that's the case. I'd hope to start it at 0130 or so (technically Saturday morning UTC); that should be late enough for Pacific time people to get home from work but not so late that Eastern time people aren't up all night.

Should such an event have it's own thread, or is it better to keep them together here?
<<

Raido Kudonen

Portrait

Post 2016.04.21 22:47

If we get a USTZ fight club going, I will be glad to sacrifice a T1 cruiser to the newbros weekly.
"What is good in life, Raido?"
"To crush your enemies. To see them bubbled before you, and to hear the lamentations of their carebears."

Join Fweddit - Be a Space Chikun!
<<

Jax Renalard

Portrait

Post 2016.04.21 22:59

I might more it later maybe a few hours? I want to catch EU and US optimally.
PreviousNext

Return to Corporation Events