[EVENT] Friday Night Fight Club 19:00 ET, Amygnon

Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in planning or advertising your event, contact our Events Department.
<<

Sanje Qi

Portrait

Post 2016.08.20 12:54

Re: [EVENT] Friday Night Fight Club 20:00 ET, Amygnon

A lot of fun ... I really enjoyed this Class. thank you
<<

Kora K

Portrait

Post 2016.08.22 10:37

The Fight Club is on this Friday, 2000 as usual. We will do the 1v1, and then 2v2s or 5v5s depending on the numbers we have.

The special Sisi FC will be organized in a near future, but I'm waiting for an update to get rid of the modules locking issue.
<<

Kora K

Portrait

Post 2016.08.25 08:55

The second part of the FC will be 2v2s. Same rules as last time :

Rules for the 2v2 part :
- Same as for the 1v1 fitting wise (T1 all the stuffs, meta allowed, faction is not), you can read the rules in the OP.
- ECM is not allowed, modules and drones included. Other forms of EWAR are allowed this time. I know ECM is part of PVP, but this is a rare instance of consensual PVP and "gud fites".
- Pairing :
* If you already have a partner decided before the event, please let me know when you convo me with your fit(s).
* If you don't, random pairing will be done.
- Warping out :
* If you warp out, a 30s timer will start. If you're back before the timer is finished, you can resume pew pewing. Otherwise, you're out and I'll shoot you on sight :)
* If both member of a team warped out and don't come back before the timer is over, the other team wins.
- No deployable allowed (MTU, Mobile Depot, ...)
- Remote repair modules allowed (on any ship).
<<

Kora K

Portrait

Post 2016.08.26 21:39

Next time we will have a real tournament \o/ It'll be T1 frigates, with the following restrictions :

* T1 and T2 modules (Meta 5 maximum) are allowed. Faction, COSMOS, deadspace and officer modules are NOT allowed
* Only standard T1 (Tech One) drones. This means that T2, faction, augmented and integrated drones are NOT allowed.
* T1 and T2 ammos are allowed. Navy Faction ammunition, missiles and capacitor boosters are allowed. Pirate Faction ammunition is NOT allowed.
* T1 rigs. T2 Rigs are NOT allowed
* Implants are NOT allowed . You can use the citadels in Amygnon to switch clone. It'll be easier for me than to check if the rules is respected.
* No ECM allowed (drones or modules). All the other electronic warfare drones/modules are allowed.
* Cloaking devices are NOT allowed
* Polarized weapons are allowed.
* Remote Sensor Dampener and Weapon Disruptor Scripts are allowed this time.
* Boosters (drugs) are NOT allowed.

It'll be a double-elimination bracket tournament. Same rules regarding the Arena (if you go more than 100km from the center, i'll shoot you). If you warp out, you're out of the fight. The fights have a limit of 5mn, after this limit, I'll start shooting at you (starting with the ship with the total hp).
<<

Kora K

Portrait

Post 2016.08.29 16:08

I've updated the rules. The goal is to have higher SP player be able to show their almost full potential, while giving newbros with basic skills a chance to compete. Depending on the turn-out and my next experiments for the FC, I might do the T2 fights more often.
<<

Aurelius Kai

Portrait

Post 2016.08.30 02:01

Thanks for this Kora. I need to find a good fit for next time around. I think I found one, but didn't have the necessary rigs. I'll get those going for this coming Friday. Be ready, I'm comin for yyyyyooooouuuuuu!!!
<<

Mackenzie Shepard

Portrait

Post 2016.08.30 20:20

I will be able to make it this time! :D
<<

Kora K

Portrait

Post 2016.09.02 11:32

Bump, tonight there is a T1 frig-T2 mods tournament :) Also, if you wish to participate and already have your fit ready, you can evemail it to me. It'll help me start the event as soon as possible.
<<

Kora K

Portrait

Post 2016.09.02 22:30

Results of the tournament (from http://challonge.com/2do7d4km, including the classement):

Supreme Champion: \o/ Decklin Quark Reiger \o/
Worthy Adversary: Kora K
Maybe Next Time: Tiko Charen-Teng
4th place: Downsouth
5th place tie: ashahara
Krektogar Garkros
7th place tie: Drak N'Gol
Kaleidosis
9th place: Rem Tsutola

I did not planned prizes, but I found a Daredevil hull for the winner and Vidork provided a DIY Daredevil (BPC) to Tiko. Thanks everyone for joining, I hope you had fun, shakes and a nice learning experience. If you have any questions / remarks / ..., don't hesisate to post them here or contact me IG. It was a real pleasure to watch the fights, because almost all of them were close and we got to see some nice piloting from our fighters (suspense was all over the place :)). Normally Tiko should have fought again, vs me, at the end. Time constraints (and since I was the winner of the "loosers" side), he didn't get a shot to fight again to go in the final (That's why he got the second palce prize).

We saw a lot of differents ships, not only Tristan, which was nice. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd fighter were flying :

Decklin : An annoying neuting Tristan, with a SAAR for tanking and drones for DPS.
Tiko : A SAAR tanked beam Executioner, with AB / Web / Scram in the mids.
Kora : Another Executioner, with 2 different fits : MWD / Web / Scram to go after kiters, or AB / Double Webs for brawlers. He used Pulses, with either Scorch or Multifrequency.

Anyone is invited to write is own AAR for their fights, if you're interested to do so. Thanks again for joining, we'll do another 1v1 tournament in a few again :)
Last edited by Kora K on 2016.09.05 11:40, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Krektogar Garkros

Portrait

Post 2016.09.03 09:47

I'm a complete Noob at 1v1 PvP (not that my fllet experience is that much higher :D), but I had a lot of fun.

I showed up in a brawly Slasher.
First fight I couldn't get close enough to to any damage, and just got slaughtered.
Second fight was against another brawly (I think, I don't actually remember what my opponents were flying :D), and I lost the damage race due in part to forgetting to turn on my tracking disruptor and burning out some mids because I forgot to turn off the heat...

This is the fit I was using, any criticism welcome. It wasn't created especially for the fight club, just something I had a few of lying around.

SPOILER WARNING!
[Slasher, Solo Slasher]
Damage Control II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
J5b Enduring Warp Scrambler
Small Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 25
Balmer Series Compact Tracking Disruptor I, Tracking Speed Disruption Script

150mm Light AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S
Small Infectious Scoped Energy Neutralizer

Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Projectile Collision Accelerator I

Republic Fleet EMP S x360
Republic Fleet Fusion S x720
Navy Cap Booster 25 x20

After I'Ve lost the rest of these that I still hav, I'm probably gonna go for a Breacher to try out as a Solo ship.

Thanks Kora, I will come again if time allows!
<<

Kora K

Portrait

Post 2016.09.05 11:43

This week we will do our usuals 1v1 (T1 fits, T1 frigs) followed by a special event. I need to decide which event, but it'll be easier a Cruiser / BC hunt, a FFA or a XvX.

EDIT : I'm also working on the rules for the 2v2 tournament I'll organize in 1-2 weeks. Stay tuned :)
<<

Kora K

Portrait

Post 2016.09.08 11:49

o/ guys,

While I'm working on 2 tournaments for this month (2v2 and Cruiser tournament), I'm also looking for someone (or multiple someone) interested in running the event with me. Jax's idea was to meet every Friday, especially newbros, and start learning about PVP / Solo / Ships / ... in a safer environnement that is the FightClub :) Some newbros first PVP experience and kill was achieved in the FC, and it's a great learning opportunity for everyone.

Anyway, I'd like the FC to keep happening when I'm gone, in this form or another. Contact me if you're interested to keep it as a regular thing (the event will be ""yours"", so you can do whatever you want with it in the end :))
<<

Surfjam

Portrait

Post 2016.09.09 16:11

is faction ammo considered meta t1?

-cadet surfjam
<<

Titus Tallang

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2016.09.09 16:14

No. If it has a faction tag, it's not considered to be a "meta module".
Scientia potentia est.
If a statement I made seems offensive to you, please be assured that this was not my intent.
If I am mistaken about something, please tell me about it. We improve through sharing knowledge.
<<

Kora K

Portrait

Post 2016.09.12 19:19

I have company at home this week, so I'm not sure when I'll be available.The fightclub won't happen probably, except if someone if up for taking care of it :)
PreviousNext

Return to Corporation Events