[Event] Noobship FFA [24-4-24]

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in running an event speak to our Events team
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

[Event] Noobship FFA [24-4-24]

Post by Turlough Dominian »

[Event] Noobship FFA

LOCATION: Slays - Dairek's Chateau (Ivy League Alliance Holdings)
WHEN: Wednesday 24th march
Time: 22:00
DURATION: 1-2 hours
COMMS: Mumble, on demand channel called something something noobship FFA

----------------------------
Description for event:
Everyone will fly noobships around also known ingame as corvettes and we shall try to murder each other in a set location , if im not feeling lazzy i amy also put some cans in space.

The murder part will last for 30 mins or untill everyone runs out of ships or the will to live :D

Prize's
1 x unfit Gnosis
for best after action write up submited as a forum comment on this thread.
I will judge any comments if there are any on the 28th
things like what went well what went bad, how it could be improved as an event etc or even just hey i got to blow up someone for the first time and i learned x or y <3

^^ fully fitted loki shall go to a relativly new bro with most kills/loss's during the event
to submit will need to post on this forum with how many kills and deaths you got .
P.s: relativly newbro is a hardone to judge but main thing i was told was if possible for the loki not to go to an experianced pilot.

raphael tkarmminni : Donated fully fit loki

Rules:
No drugs / combat implants
No podding
warping around the arena is fine and warping off will be fine also
This is a FFA no teaming , just murder everyone equally :D

Ships/fits
T1 / T2 modules are fine
Hulls: Velator Reaper Ibis or Impairor
main thing NO T2 drones

I have also 20 ships available but feel free to bring your own also, u can get free ones from stations by hitting the board my corvette button
Spoiler
[Velator, *pow wow meta]
Multispectrum Coating I
Damage Control II

5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
J5 Enduring Warp Disruptor

125mm 'Scout' Accelerator Cannon
125mm 'Scout' Accelerator Cannon

Warrior I x2

Iridium Charge S x660
Last edited by Turlough Dominian on 2024.04.24 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

Re: [Event] Noobship FFA [24-4-24]

updated prize list
nice and simple one put your after action reports to the test :D

1 x unfit Gnosis
for best after action write up submited as a forum comment on this thread.
I will judge any comments if there are any on the 28th
things like what went well what went bad, how it could be improved as an event etc or even just hey i got to blow up someone for the first time and i learned x or y <3
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director

Ok even more noobships are stocked for those in need for the event pow wow

Flando Prime

Post by Flando Prime »

7 kills 1 loss
Bianca Andreescu

Post by Bianca Andreescu »

1 kill 6 loss
ekpyrosiss

Post by ekpyrosiss »

9 kills 2 losses
ekpyrosiss

Post by ekpyrosiss »

Enjoyed the event much, but the ships that were on contract with drones are better than random noob ship. Really liked being jammed, that had me warp out.
Chanstaner vi Adraille

Post by Chanstaner vi Adraille »

5 kills and 5 losses
ImageImageImage
Urzuu

Post by Urzuu »

First of all, want to say thank you for the event! Went awesome personally.
I'm extremely rusty after being away for so long and wanted to get back into the swing of things.

8 green and 3 red isn't so bad for a first outing.

I think my skills in overheating and already having lots of points in railgun weaponry/drones in general were the key to utilizing the provided ship for the event.

I certainly need more practice in simply piloting my ship and learning better spacial awareness.
I think I leaned a little too much on fleet ops directing movement and never learned to figure out the WHY.
Choosing a better warp-in could have prevented ONE of my deaths as I warped in on top of someone, meaning I was busy getting drones out and trying to spool up and lock all at once. Meanwhile the opponent was already movin and groovin and applying damage before my lock was finished.

Picking and choosing pilots out on their own was also key here. Getting ganged up on was a quick and absolute death.

Also binding "Retrieve drones" was essential for being able to get in and out of the event while also retrieving the bulk of your DPS.

Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director

big thank you again all who came out much appreciated
ill do the judgeing for the gnosis on the 28th

and i had a rethink of the loki prize , it is to go to newbro with most kill's/loss's with the condition of trying not to give to an experianced pilot but my idea of new and his might be differant so ill reach out and see if he is willing to pick out the winner from most kill's /loss;s
diablos171

Post by diablos171 »

I0 kills 3 losses

*a 'noob' pilots perspective, Entering the anarchy*
"I un-docked from the station into system, alongside all the other capsuleers of varying levels of skill. I primed my missiles and warped into the area at range, taking advantage of my range over the experience of some others. Launching my singular drone and engaging the nearest target, I managed to bring down my first target before they could close the range to my ship, but I couldn't keep at range for long, two more of my opponents were killed under the fire of me and others, weight of fire before I could tell whos weapons actually killed them, I only knew my missiles made impact. As my shields failed and my armour ruptured I was caught in a warp scrambler and knew at that moment it was too late, furiously slamming the controls on my pod I escaped the detonating wreck arriving at station adrenaline pumping I rapidly got into my backup ship and headed back into the fray, again this continued for another 25 minutes, the longest minutes, filled with close victories narrow escapes and a couple more lost ships, but it was exhilarating, I had a great time, with some people I had not flown with before and hopefully I will get more chances in future.... in ships more to my normal taste"

**on a real note, I had a good time, it was some low stakes fun, fly some wacky noob ships got a few kill boards, got killed by sooo many drones. But it was hilarious, a little more variety in the noob ships the newest players can pick up might not hurt as well as some limited options for weapons. As an example if I hadn't trained them last week for something specific I couldn't have actually used the free ships. This wasn't an issue because I brought my own but it could have been potentially. But all in all the event was a lot of fun.**

P.S. I apologize for my bad writing of a mini story, I just felt like doing something different. But a big thank you for organizing the event.
Retaris Malso

Post by Retaris Malso »

1 kill - 3 losses. Sad but true. I wish someone had told me I could fit T2 guns and ammo rather than the stuff that came in the contract boat, and I need to get my fitting skills up as well, because I couldn't find enough power to switch on the scram šŸ˜„

I will say, if I learned anything tonight it was to not forget that you can overheat things - I always overlook those little buttons.
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director

i managed to get 8 kills and 4's loss's
that peskie korr got me a few times :D

Link to full battle report well hopefully full report 42 dead ships in total for the event
https://zkillboard.com/related/30003798/202404242200/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big thank you again to those who gave feedback , the prize structure this time for the event was geared towards gaining more feedback to help improve the event and also as a learning opertunity for everyone involved.

As mentioned on mumble , while simple in nature this event is on the outside there was a number of mini goals for the event.
1. we used a bookmark folder
so this was shared with the fleet ahead of the event starting , just simple things like letting people online the folder and use it to get to a specific location to murder there freinds, but then also there was a number of bookmarks terribly placed around intotal 15 bookmarks to enable warping around the grid to kill each other
note: i suggested to everyone to drop fleet to prevent fleet members warping to each other so wrecks and bookmarks would be use.

2. warping around to engage and escape combat, everyone was permited to warp around grid but also off grid
practice catching things utiliseing warping

3. reshiping and getting back to the fight in a timely fastion.

4. Finding the contracts
in fairness didn't have to really explain this one prittie much everyone found them with minimal hastle

5. Just have a bit of fun hanging out and shooting each other

6. there is no 6

7. to gain feedback but also in the same breath get people to reflect and think about what happened during the event
can see from some of the posts this worked in my opinion as some have identified little things that they can improve on

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some feedback that i can recall from mumble.
1. more veriety in ship hulls
so i only put up Velator's on contract 120 in total, it was mentioned perhaps for next time to try have like 25 of each race just to have bigger differance on grid, this is totally douable was just me being lazzy

2. was funny seeing how many drones where on grid after the event there was alot

3. perhaps limit the use of T2 weapons

4. all in all got the imprestion that everyone had fun for the most part

Thank you again all who attended , was a very nice turnout for a weekday
Bianca Andreescu

Post by Bianca Andreescu »

I guess if we want to use the ZKillboard rules I was involved in 7 wins and 6 losses. My killmails disagree of course. I think its a major contributor to me now being considered 46% snuggly, so that was fun.

It was a good event even though as many of us noted, newbros + overfitted newbro ships was a dangerous combination. I don't know exactly how the contract and fitting rules work, but I do note that one of the delays in getting back out there was the extra 30-45 seconds of docking animations and slower mouse response times within POS. Due to the short timeframe and the significant number of reshipping required, we probably could have fit 2-5 more fights in during the half hour.
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director

congratz to diablo the loki has been contracted over
and a stabber has gone to beanca as a consolation prize

the above was chosen by the donar ty again all.
will pick gnosis winner on the 28th.