[complete - Event] Into the abyss [15-04-2024]

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in running an event speak to our Events team
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

[complete - Event] Into the abyss [15-04-2024]

Post by Turlough Dominian »

[Event] Into the abyss

LOCATION: Slays - Dairek's Chateau (Ivy League Alliance Holdings)
WHEN: Monday 15th April
Time: 17:00
DURATION: 1-2 hours
COMMS: Mumble, Delta Fleet Channel

TLDR: show up , U don't even need to bring a ship we can give you one and no experiance needed if there is new players we can go over some of the basics not everything tho but enough that we should be safe .

--------------------------------------------

Fits will be available .
some fine people have put up contracts in the area for players to get going , they just seem to be a magically infinite source anytime i check they are there <3
I also have 10 punishers , 15 tristens and 3 worms available for loan if for some weird reason the contracts dry up but thats just me being over prepared it will be fine.

Alternativly you can feel free to bring your own abyss frigate, for this event they should be able to self rep as we wont be remote repping this time round.

Goals of this event:
bit of fun
group bonding
hopefully get some new players to try out abyssels as we will be running as a group might be more comfertable feeling
little bit of isk makeing
we will primarily start off with T0 as these fits are geared towards them , i do have a bunch of T1 filaments and little to no T0 so we might be mainly doing T1 but will be grand :D

Note: I won't be looking to do anything above T1 for this event im treating it as an introdutory level event , will be more pew pew than teaching but we will cover the basics at least.

E-uni discord : has a channel devoted to abyss stuff called abyssals located in pve study area section.
ingame channel: Abyssals (EVE Uni)

there is alot of potential reading if we where to dive into it but a wiki page i do like is this https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Abyssal_ ... _questions
Last edited by Turlough Dominian on 2024.04.15 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
HellRider Inferni

Re: [Event] Into the abyss [15-04-2024]

Post by HellRider Inferni »

Thanks. Fun, informative, and a great practical extension of the abyssal classes, whether intended or not.
10/10 would fly again.
Enno Gond

Post by Enno Gond »

Just wanted to let you know this was an ideal follow-up for the lecture room class i followed about this subject.
No need to stress about fits before getting into it helps too :)
DockSau

Post by DockSau »

Had a great time, really informative and useful with confronting the informations quickly to the practice. 10/10, can't wait to fly it again !
Korr'Tanas
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Honorary Member, Director Emeritus, Captain, Alpha Dog, [LTI]

Re: [complete - Event] Into the abyss [15-04-2024]

Post by Korr'Tanas »

I approve of this message and/or service. :D

Seriously though, this is a great way to get into the Abyss.