[Uni 20th Anniversary] "Journey" Screenshot Competition with Razorien

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in running an event speak to our Events team
Roderik Reckeless

Re: [Uni 20th Anniversary] "Journey" Screenshot Competition with Razorien

Post by Roderik Reckeless »

"On the road again!"
On the road.jpg
In yet another adventurous exploration, I marveled at the breathtaking cosmic clouds and the radiant gleam of the Astero!
Tasha Menne
Title: Sophomore

Post by Tasha Menne »

All journeys begin somewhere.
Sometimes it is the first step,
Sometimes it is a notable event,
Sometimes there are literal gateways.
Let the adventure begin.

"Gateway to the Unknown"

Wormhole-2-Cropped.jpg
GAZZA LADRA

Post by GAZZA LADRA »

EVE University creates journeys whether it be for a practical class in D-Scan, Lowsec Roams, Mining Fleets or unlocking the secrets of Pochven. We are always heading out somewhere, for some reason.

Every once in a while, you are reminded that you are part of a great Community, like on this return to the 'The Quad'

ImageA Warm Welcome Home
Chris Halsky

Post by Chris Halsky »

JOURNEYnoun
: an act or instance of traveling from one place to another

It's no fun to travel where everyone was, everyone is, and everyone plans to travel to.

The best fun in EVE is to do the unthinkable, to break the meta, to reach for things that others could not even imagine were possible! Be Bold! Do stuff, try stuff, have fun with your Friends and Corpmates - that's how I want to see my journey through EVE.

See you in the Abyss,

Chris
Hivaa Saitsuo!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Clio Usoko

Post by Clio Usoko »

"Cheetah Hunt"

My past journey was looking at Eve from the outside and being intrigued and fascinated, wanting to play, for the last 15 years, only recently being able to dive in fully and experience this world. This image is where I'm at now, exploring near Stacmon, in my favourite ship, the Cheetah, thinking about my future journey, the next 15 years and beyond.

Arachnis

Post by Arachnis »

I humbly present three entries, each pertaining to a different kind of journey.

The first screenshot is of a destroyer fleet I was FCing destroying a Drifter in a C6 Wolf-Rayet wormhole. While traveling with the fleet, many of them first-timers, into a C6 wormhole to tackle some of the hardest content in the game was a journey in itself, the real journey was the story behind this image. This was my first time FCing this kind of fleet, and all scouted wormholes were picked clean the night before, forcing us to try and find a backup. We were dropped on our way through the chain, so we regrouped and tried again. I lost my Confessor when a Drifter chained some wrecking shots on me, but a corpmate graciously volunteered to give me their own Confessor even though we were a long way from home. The image is called "Halo": both for the way the light from the fleet's remote assistance modules and the system's star frames the Confessor in the middle of the shot as the Drifter explodes in the background and for that angel of a corpmate.

The second shot is my Astero, named Stargazer in honor of Katia Sae. The ship's something of a good luck charm: I've had it for years and pull it out whenever I'm about to do particularly dangerous content like Crimson Harvest advanced lowsec sites. This ship's survived bombers, Lokis, and everything in-between too many times to count. Entry's name is "Stargazer," because of course.

The last screenshot is called "Formation." It features four (look closely at the one in the foreground) Leshak battleships flying in perfect formation in a T6 exotic abyssal filament, bathed in residue from another exploding, while firing at a Gila offscreen at just the right angle. Abyssal Leshaks normally starburst away from you in all directions, so it's rare to get this many of them aligned so well together. The "journey" part is both about venturing into the deepest reaches of the abyss, and about the journey it took to work my way up to T6 abyss and be able to do it so comfortably that I can prepare and take screenshots while doing it.
Korr'Tanas
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Honorary Member, Director Emeritus, Captain, Alpha Dog, [LTI]

Post by Korr'Tanas »

When exactly is the deadline for this competition? Asking for a friend. :D

Apparently entries can be submitted until midnight eve time today. With that in mind I will take anyone who wants to come along on a sightseeing trip to a number of famous landmarks at 15:00 eve time.
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

Post by Turlough Dominian »

all hail chriba

Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
Retaris Malso

Post by Retaris Malso »

absolutely wreckd1.jpg
Taken on our little jaunt around the more obscure sights in Eve Online, which was led by Korr'Tanas earlier today (Saturday).

I call this 'Absolutely Wreckd!' :D
Jung Solo

Post by Jung Solo »

_Titan Fall_
Screenshot 2024-04-13 130833 (1).png
Razorien

Post by Razorien »

1st place, Chris Halsky
https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 17#p962517

The way you describe your EVE journey reminded me of one of my favourite quotes.
"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon."
- Paul Brandt

This is a well composed shot that really comes together with good focus on the main subject and a great sense of direction and depth with the surrounding environment. The tighter cropping makes the scene feel alive and active with that sense of urgency familiar to many abyss runners.

2nd place, Winzo
https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 71#p962071

During my time in EVE University I spent some time with "Project Solitude" and found it an interesting region of space that I enjoyed exploring with my fellow unistas.

I think your image nicely portrays the mixed feeling of mystery, beauty and danger that can be found in many unexpected places throughout New Eden. Not being too zoomed in on the ship helps to show the scale of the scene and enhance the feeling of heading into the unknown. There is good sense of direction and the contrasting warm and cold colors bring it together.

3rd place, Arachnis
"Formation"
https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 32#p962532

I like the atmosphere and contrasting color and light in this image. The energy beams really stand out from the dark and mysterious setting together with the hull damage and particle effects. Both the foreground and background are aligned in a very pleasing way.
Winzo

Post by Winzo »

Thank you so much, Razorien. Your approval means a lot to me. Over the past, I've happened to show your creations to my friends, to demonstrate the beauty and magnitude of EVE :D

P.S.
I'd also like to mention how good these are:
lIDragonfyreIl wrote: 2024.03.30 19:49 a handful of pictures ive taken along the way...

https://imgur.com/a/tDszcrb
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

Post by Turlough Dominian »

congratz and nice pictures indeed i do love that venture <3
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
Arachnis

Post by Arachnis »

Congrats all! All the screenshots look awesome.