[EVENT/FLEET/CLASS][Uni 20th Anniversary] WHC Noobs Night in the Hole | USTZ 2024.03.14 @01:00 & EUTZ 2024.03.17 @20:00

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in running an event speak to our Events team
Professor Academiac
Title: Ensign, Not actually a professor, Teacher, Graduate

[EVENT/FLEET/CLASS][Uni 20th Anniversary] WHC Noobs Night in the Hole | USTZ 2024.03.14 @01:00 & EUTZ 2024.03.17 @20:00

Post by Professor Academiac »

Wormhole Community Presents:

Noobs Night in the Hole!

Wut?

Everyone in EVE University is invited. This is our "get to know the place" event! Giving Unistas an opportunity to come and hang out in the C2 wormhole system that EVE University maintains as a learning environment. We'll spend a few hours doing a variety of content and mainly learning about the WHC & wormhole space in general. Planning never really goes the way you expect in wormholes, so the exact order of things is always TBD (to be discovered), but here's a quick rundown of the expectation:

Plan (sorta):
  • We form at Stacmon - The Quad & travel together to scary C2 wormhole space, nothing will stop us!(unless we get killed)
  • We go out to, even scarier, C3 wormhole space and shoot some NPCs, and make ISKies
  • We discuss wormhole mechanics while cloaky covert button pushers explore space around us and alert us when there are threats (which we call opportunities)
  • We look for other non-NPC nerds, at whom we will hurl our collective ammunition if given the opportunity
  • We continue to look for PvP pretty much the whole time (sometimes PvP just finds us)
  • We head back home to Stacmon - The Quad
  • If you have to leave mid-fleet that's okay, just please either go to High-sec or the WHC, ask for help in fleet if you're unsure
There will be 2 identical events (in theory). One for USTZ and another for EUTZ. Each event will run for something like 2-3 hours(you don't have to attend it all), then participants are welcome to either hang around for a bit or head home with the fleet. We don't want anyone getting lost in the wormhole connection chain or to war targets, or feeling like they're not allowed to leave, so please just keep in communication in fleet and comms and we'll get you to where you need to be.

When:

USTZ: Thursday, March 14th, [2024.03.14 @ 01:00 - 03:00 EVE Time - (EVE Time Converter) Note: Actually Wed, Mar 13th Evening USTZ]

EUTZ: Sunday, March 17th, [2024.03.17 @ 20:00 - 23:00 EVE Time - (EVE Time Converter)]

Ship:
Ships for activities will be available at the form-up station. We will primarily be flying Caracals, and we need a couple of Scythe Logi.

Caracal Fit for reference:
Spoiler
[Caracal, Caracal]
Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System I

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier

Prototype 'Arbalest' Heavy Assault Missile Launcher I
[Empty High slot]

Medium EM Shield Reinforcer II
Medium Thermal Shield Reinforcer II
Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Acolyte I x2

Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Assault Missile x3300
Scourge Heavy Assault Missile x300
Prototype 'Arbalest' Heavy Assault Missile Launcher I x1
Phased Scoped Target Painter x1
Scythe Fit for reference:
Spoiler
[Scythe, Scythe]

Damage Control II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Co-Processor II
Co-Processor II

Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Medium Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Large C5-L Compact Shield Booster
10MN Afterburner II
EM Shield Hardener II

Medium Remote Shield Booster II
Medium Asymmetric Enduring Remote Shield Booster
Medium Asymmetric Enduring Remote Shield Booster

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Light Shield Maintenance Bot I x1
Medium Shield Maintenance Bot I x4
F.A.Q:
  • What implants should I have? None, you should bring a clean clone. There is a clone bay in Stacmon - The Quad so switch before we leave
  • Can I leave fleet at any time? Yes! If you're logging off, you should get to safety first. Go to High Sec or WHC Citadel. Ask for help in Fleet/Mumble if you're unsure.
  • Can I attend both events? Certainly
  • What happens if I lose my ship? Well, immediately warp off using your Pod Saver tab, get safe, and ask for assistance. If it happens during a PvP fight please don't interrupt voice comms. Instead, ask in Fleet Chat
  • FC can I bring my Drake? No
  • Isn't the WHC gone? The WHC is never gone! With Bob's will, we rise from the ashes and soar!
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Teacher • Mentor • Junior FC
Sir Blackstone III

Re: [EVENT/FLEET/CLASS] WHC Noobs Night in the Hole | USTZ 2024.03.14 @01:00 & EUTZ 2024.03.17 @20:00

Post by Sir Blackstone III »

Excellent - thank you :)
Proud Sophomore of EVE Uni
One of life's great underachievers :lol:
Professor Academiac

Re: [EVENT/FLEET/CLASS][Uni 20th Anniversary] WHC Noobs Night in the Hole | USTZ 2024.03.14 @01:00 & EUTZ 2024.03.17 @20

Hype! Hype! Hype! Hype! Hype!

Tomorrow is the first event. US TZ.
speedviper

Re: [EVENT/FLEET/CLASS][Uni 20th Anniversary] WHC Noobs Night in the Hole | USTZ 2024.03.14 @01:00 & EUTZ 2024.03.17 @20

Post by speedviper »

Is there a sexy Gallente ship we can fly instead of the utilitarian caldari?
Professor Academiac

I guess you already found it 😅 but for others it's the Talos!
Professor Academiac

Thanks for coming! Payouts made, if I missed you please let me know.

See you all on Sunday.