[WHC EVENT] 2024.01.21 00:00 | WHC Friendly Pitchfork Rally: AKA Unofficial Townhall

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in advertising an event speak to our communications team.
Professor Academiac
Title: Ensign, Not actually a professor, Teacher, Graduate

[WHC EVENT] 2024.01.21 00:00 | WHC Friendly Pitchfork Rally: AKA Unofficial Townhall

Post by Professor Academiac »

WHC Friendly Pitchfork Rally

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
This is not an official E-UNI Townhall.
This is simply me inviting WHC town folks to a gathering to discuss recent events and their management!
The discussion is R rated! This rating, however, is not an invitation for personal attacks! The discussion is moderated!
--------------------
I'm inviting you to a meeting (following the EUTZ NNitH event) to discuss recent events in the WHC and their aftermath! It seems that countless grievances have been raised without being resolved or even addressed appropriately, and that there's a general lack of trust in the current senior administration, and rightfully so.

We're about establish a permanent WHC presence in a new system. It's extremely crucial to band together and identify our requirements and expectations to ensure that senior management listens. We have lost a lot of ISK and assets. That's absolutely nothing comparted to what we lost in terms of close friends and extremely talented people due to their disagreement with the current administration and the way they handled the eviction and aftermath. We keep losing something precious with every passing day of that apathy and thus have no choice but to take action ourselves.
--------------------
When: Sunday, January 21st @ 00:00 - 02:00 EVE Time (1 - 2 hrs) - (EVE Time Converter)

Where: Mumble On Demand > WHC Pitchfork Emporium (R)

Who: Everyone is welcome, especially current and former WHC members and alumni. Staff and Managers are welcome too so long as they're not directly involved and provided they drop their official hats at the door to discuss matters as members.

Directors are welcome if they want to listen in (they're gonna use alts regardless), but should not interrupt or interfere with the discussion in any way especially if they hear anything untrue (from their perspective) or unpleasant! Professor Academiac will be the moderator of the discussion and will reserve the right to interrupt or mute all folks. I will not allow unwarranted personal attacks! The R rating is to allow people to vent, not to allow people to attack one another. Meeting minutes will be noted and provided to managers/directors as well as shared with the community.

Tentative Agenda:
  • E-UNI 2.0 the good & the bad
  • Feedback forms
  • AAR discussion (whether published or unpublished)
  • Jack RipperJr
  • WHC 2.0
--------------------
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to add anything to the agenda, please DM me.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Teacher • Mentor • Junior FC
mister nice kanneh

Re: [WHC EVENT] 2024.01.21 00:00 | WHC Friendly Pitchfork Rally: AKA Unofficial Townhall

Post by mister nice kanneh »

I can see interesting and not interesting (to me) things in the agenda.
Less interesting: E-Uni 2.0

More interesting: Feed backforms.
Of most interest WHC 2.0

Of no interest: Jack Ripper Jr.
I have no interest in choosing one directer and having a discussion around this one directer. I have been in too many hated figure of the week discussions to want to enter into another one.
Arin Mara
Wiki Manager
Wiki Manager

Re: [WHC EVENT] 2024.01.21 00:00 | WHC Friendly Pitchfork Rally: AKA Unofficial Townhall

Post by Arin Mara »

Hello hello! :)

If time permits, I'd like to listen to what sounds like an exhilarating and fierce discussion. However, what I cannot do is take off my Wiki Manager Hat. I must ware it when talking, when writing, when editing the Wiki and when flying an Astero. Such is the burden of the Hat. However, however, I do not intend to speak unless directly asked a question related to the Wiki.

Therefor, I'll let you adjudicate if I am welcome to attend. :)
SteveHarrington
Title: Events Staff, Sophomore

Post by SteveHarrington »

Arin Mara wrote: 2024.01.16 09:16 Hello hello! :)

If time permits, I'd like to listen to what sounds like an exhilarating and fierce discussion. However, what I cannot do is take off my Wiki Manager Hat. I must ware it when talking, when writing, when editing the Wiki and when flying an Astero. Such is the burden of the Hat. However, however, I do not intend to speak unless directly asked a question related to the Wiki.

Therefor, I'll let you adjudicate if I am welcome to attend. :)
I just take up my alts hat. :P
Want to bring a drake? Just join my fleets there is a 99% chance of a yes.
Professor Academiac

It's difficult to set an agenda that suits everyone. I tried to aggregate all the major key points that I've seen come up in conversations, feedback forms, discord etc. We can add if I missed anything, but those are important for others.

I don't mind managers or staff or FCs being there at all, on the contrary, I think you will add a lot of value to the discussion if there's misinformation etc. But this is also a chance for members to express their opinions.

If you keep your hat, that's fine
Binra Fera
Reimbursement Manager
Reimbursement Manager

Post by Binra Fera »

Arin Mara wrote: 2024.01.16 09:16 However, what I cannot do is take off my Wiki Manager Hat. I must ware it when talking, when writing, when editing the Wiki and when flying an Astero. Such is the burden of the Hat.
https://www.wikiwikitreats.com/product/wiki-hat/107
Cryptic Sharvas
Title: Pochven Fleet Captian

Post by Cryptic Sharvas »

the only advice I can give after listening in is the following, it was the best advice I got a long time ago. "You have exceeded the capabilities of Uni to teach you, it's time to move on in your career" or something like that. IF you feel you have hit the limits, and the UNI isn't cutting it for you spread your wings, it's a wide world out there and has much to explore.
Image ImageImageImageImage
Torg Navatin
Campus Manager
Campus Manager
Title: Community Coordinator (WHC), Graduate

Post by Torg Navatin »

The first 90mins that I attended went rather well. Looking forward to the meeting minutes/summary!
ImageImage
Professor Academiac

Yup, I'm working on that. Will share ASAP.
Shoc Le Monkeh

Post by Shoc Le Monkeh »

I missed the event but applaud the effort of everyone involved and listening and look forward to the notes.
Professor Academiac

Thanks for your patience as I compiled our extensive discussion into this detailed document. While this report is lengthy, it not only provides a summary of our meeting but also in-depth analyses and practical actionable recommendations to Senior E-UNI Leadership.

Final Report

Thanks to everyone who participated in this constructive dialogue, including those who sent me DMs. Special thanks to Jalxan and Sanctia for their diligent note-taking and review of this document

I also want to thank Gibson for his predominant contributions toward drafting a reasonable proposal for a fair and effective Justice System for all. The objective is to provide sufficient oversight and implement a set of much-needed checks and balances in the UNI. All this is with the ultimate objective of stopping the pattern of power abuse and preventing any further harm from befalling Unistas again in the future by those in power. There are also multiple benefits to Senior Leadership as well.

This report aims to catalyze meaningful changes within E-UNI and WHC. Your expertise, insights, and feedback, are crucial in refining these proposals and guiding our next steps. Gibson and I are eager to engage Leadership in further discussions around that Justice System and how it should look like. I'm sure Senior E-UNI Leadership will be as equally open as we are to the community ideas and feedback as well.

EDIT: You may not agree with some, or all, points! That's absolutely fine. You may find inaccurate information or full-on misinformation. That's expected too.

I mention that this is biased given that it's a discussion from the perspective of the community only. However, any misinformation stems from issues with clear top-down communication, which hopefully is being addressed as we can all witness lately. That's the dataset I had to work with in my analysis.

I did my best to identify and clarify misinformation to the best of my ability and knowledge. I even asked around and consulted with as many as I could, from members to Directors. Any misinfo means that the reviewers and I weren't able to identify it.

You may contact me on Discord if you identify misinformation and want to correct it.
Last edited by Professor Academiac on 2024.03.02 20:27, edited 3 times in total.
Professor Academiac

btw there's an easter egg worth 100m ISK in the report (I'm not that wealthy). If you find it, post it here first and earn it.

EDIT: it was found :lol: by:

Just Avi as mentioned on Discord

and

Apollo Alenak https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 26#p961726
Last edited by Professor Academiac on 2024.03.03 02:49, edited 2 times in total.
Apollo Alenak

Post by Apollo Alenak »

Was it the rick-roll at the very end under references?
Croixant
Title: Manager (CCI), "The Most Interesting Man In The World", Graduate, Management

Post by Croixant »

Prof,

An impressive body of work!

Congratulations on putting all this together.

My guess at the Easter egg: 5.4 2) First killmail

Cheers,

Croix
o7

Croixant
CCI Coordinator
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

Post by Turlough Dominian »

My guess for the easter egg is when you specificall said "avoid haveing all eggs in one basket" clearly this must be it you said egg hahaha

That was some read 54 pages , think my brain slowly started to crack around page 16 and by page 34 had gone into autopilot and by the end i was questioning life lol i will definattly read this again.

I took the time to read this mainly cause some may recall years ago i was put as director to help facilitate whc when titus left so my naturaly curiosity and love for whc and all the campus's still remains I am only back to game a few weeks now from a two year break had some irl like everyone gets but its getting more manageable now.

Little spoiler of short mention of my time as director for whc years ago, its in a spoiler cause its not important just there more so people understand why some random dude who hasn't been around for 2 years cares enough to read a 54 page wall of text <3
Spoiler
Turtle story of time he became director for whc, i could make a wall of text but i opted not too cause lazzy :D
so yeah personally i feel that i lacked whc experiance to be the guy in charge of it at the time like legit i winged it so hard and i swear everytime i heard people where in the hole i was always nervous of the intentions in heinsight wish i was slightly more relaxed but when you know that your going to be spam pinged if it even smells like a bash fleet u do get nervous as alot is at stake and fundamentally the one who is to blame if something goes drastically wrong.
thankfully whc members where awesome and i am sure they are still awesome cause they helped me with all the choices that needed to be done wont lie i relied very heavy on conci and urban at the time as they where the whc management and very experianced when it came to whc stuff i knew very little at the start but i am super thankfull for the opertunity because i learnt alot over that period both from makeing mistakes and also correct choices so as a learning instrumeant was very good for my developmeant.

so yeah encase i didn't say it enough in the past ^^ thank you again to all the whc members who helped with the whc in the past u made my job easier for sure , i would of liked to be more involved at the time but no way i could invest the required time to get on par with the members while i was doing staff work so i opted for letting whc look after itself at the time. so yeah thank you i really do mean that <3

TLDR: Big thank you to whc members both past and present you do alot of work to train new pilots in your ways , u tought me stuff in the past and i thank u
Anywho back to the manuscript , personally i really really liked the read of this it was well writen and obviously a huge amount of time went into this both collecting all the information and then laying it out to be read , alot of potential learning can be done from this
Now sadly i wasn't around at the time not even as a line member was off in afk land so i don't know at all what is accurate and what is speculation or misconceptions but i did enjoy the read and i saw there was over 100 players turn up for the pitch forlk meeting which is amazeing it shows the level of enthusasim and love for the success of the uni and its misstion to teach players obviously wont fool myself im sure some where there with the popcorn but i like to think majority where there for the benifit of the new bro's

only thing i might poke a small hole in from personal past experiance is i c mention in the report that there is a general perception that ceo's and directors are protective of there circle and there own.
while the perception might be real i would find it highly unlikely that it was all rainbows and unicorns behind closed doors probably more like tables being thrown but publically they are very unlikely to disclose how many tables and chairs they broke talking about these topics both during and after they happend xD

but yeah tldr: i liked the read , do i agree with everything no but with 54 pages it would be hard for anyone to totally agree with everything still a good read tho and i wish the WHC the very best moveing forward the first eviction is always the hardest "touch wood"
Spoiler
whc best c
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,