[WHC EVENT] 2024.01.21 00:00 | WHC Friendly Pitchfork Rally: AKA Unofficial Townhall

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in running an event speak to our Events team
Professor Academiac
Title: Ensign, Not actually a professor, Teacher, Graduate

Re: [WHC EVENT] 2024.01.21 00:00 | WHC Friendly Pitchfork Rally: AKA Unofficial Townhall

Post by Professor Academiac »

By the way everyone, I received messages a couple of members spanning university ranks, highlighting some misinformation perceived by the community which is highlighted in the report. Honestly, I think this may warrant a follow-up report. But I am just, simply, not ready at the moment to sink more time drafting another report. If anyone wants to take over that task I'm happy to support as much as I can. Otherwise, I'm happy to do that, but after a sufficient break which may take weeks or so.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Teacher • Mentor • Junior FC
Biwako Acami
Title: Assistant Manager (Fittings), Ensign, Graduate, Management

Re: [WHC EVENT] 2024.01.21 00:00 | WHC Friendly Pitchfork Rally: AKA Unofficial Townhall

Post by Biwako Acami »

Professor Academiac wrote: 2024.03.03 05:33 Actually, you are an important stakeholder. As someone with expertise running the WHC, I dearly value your opinion and perspective, even if I don't agree with all of it completely.
I appreciate the sentiment but my views are forged by the old ways of WHC. Clearly there is no room for that anymore. You're better off working with current leadership in getting a clear identity of what they want WHC to represent and building it organically addressing issues you have listed. And if it doesn't work for you, just move on. From the comments I've read, you're not expected to put down roots in E-UNI anyways.
Just a humble scout
Sanctia Vitae

Post by Sanctia Vitae »

Professor Academiac wrote: 2024.03.04 01:22 By the way everyone, I received messages a couple of members spanning university ranks, highlighting some misinformation perceived by the community which is highlighted in the report.
We should also remind folks that this is a writeup of what was brought up and discussed from the rally itself, not just aimless venting. Misinformation or not, this is what is/was on people's minds. The fact that there is any misinformation to be found should speak volumes.
She/Her
Senior Mentor Officer
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Professor Academiac

Sanctia Vitae wrote: 2024.03.06 19:54 We should also remind folks that this is a writeup of what was brought up and discussed from the rally itself, not just aimless venting. Misinformation or not, this is what is/was on people's minds. The fact that there is any misinformation to be found should speak volumes.
Completely agreed. It's simply a reflection of issues with communication that are prevalent and needs to be addressed!
Professor Academiac

Hi everyone,

A few months have passed since the meeting. We've seen many changes. Some negative and some positive. Today marked an important announcement, the hiring of 2 additional Student Advocates. Not only will they settle petty member squabbles, but more importantly they are supposed to represent All Communities vs. Leadership. The SA role was a major issue raised in the meeting, in the surveys, and to me privately by so many Unistas. We want to ensure that no more abuse or harm shall befall any Unista ever again by leadership, that abusers will never again be protected by the CEO or Directors, that leadership will no longer be allowed to be passive enabling abuse, and that any disgraceful action will be called out.

I will be posting a VERY SHORT follow up "State of the UNIon" summary report within the next couple of weeks. This will summarize the community perspective on all leadership changes and decisions, and shall be a frequent thing that I will post from now thereon. Consider this Free Press if you will.

If you have anything positive or negative that you would like to include in that report, whether publicly or confidentially, please feel free to contact me. Stay tuned for the report.