[EVENT/CLASS] WHC Noobs Night in the Hole | 2024.01.20 [USTZ @01:00] & [EUTZ @20:00]

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in advertising an event speak to our communications team.
Professor Academiac
Title: Ensign, Not actually a professor, Teacher, Graduate

[EVENT/CLASS] WHC Noobs Night in the Hole | 2024.01.20 [USTZ @01:00] & [EUTZ @20:00]

Post by Professor Academiac »

Wormhole Community Presents:

Noobs Night in the Hole!

Wut?

Everyone in EVE University is invited. This is our "get to know the place" event! Giving Unistas an opportunity to come and hang out in the C2 wormhole system that EVE University maintains as a learning environment. We'll spend a few hours doing a variety of content and mainly learning about the WHC & wormhole space in general. Planning never really goes the way you expect in wormholes, so the exact order of things is always TBD (to be discovered), but here's a quick rundown of the expectation:

Plan (sorta):
  • We form at Stacmon - The Quad & travel together to scary C2 wormhole space, nothing will stop us! (unless we get killed)
  • We go out to, even scarier, C3 wormhole space and shoot some NPCs, and make ISKies (get rich quick))
  • We discuss wormhole mechanics while cloaky covert button pushers explore space around us and alert us when there are threats (which we call opportunities)
  • We look for other non-NPC nerds, at whom we will hurl our collective ammunition if given the opportunity
  • We continue to look for PvP pretty much the whole time (sometimes PvP just finds us)
  • We head back home to Stacmon - The Quad
  • If you have to leave mid-fleet that's okay, just please either go to High-sec or the WHC, ask for help in fleet if you're unsure
There will be 2 identical events (in theory). One for USTZ and another for EUTZ (AU TZ can go form themselves). Each event will run for something like 2-3 hours(you don't have to attend it all), then participants are welcome to either hang around for a bit or head home with the fleet. We don't want anyone getting lost in the wormhole connection chain or to war targets, or feeling like they're not allowed to leave, so please just keep in communication in fleet and comms and we'll get you to where you need to be.

When:

USTZ: Friday, January 19th, [2024.01.20 @ 01:00 - 03:00 EVE Time - (EVE Time Converter)

EUTZ: Saturday, January 20th, [2024.01.20 @ 20:00 - 22:00 EVE Time - (EVE Time Converter)

Ship:
I recommend either the scanning ship of your comfort, a travel or PvP frigate, or a shuttle. Nothing bigger than a destroyer. Ships for activities will be available on contract at the destination. We will primarily be flying Caracals, and we need a couple of Scythe Logi.

Caracal Fit for reference:
Spoiler
[Caracal, Caracal]
Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System I

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier

Prototype 'Arbalest' Heavy Assault Missile Launcher I
[Empty High slot]

Medium EM Shield Reinforcer II
Medium Thermal Shield Reinforcer II
Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Acolyte I x2

Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Assault Missile x3300
Scourge Heavy Assault Missile x300
Prototype 'Arbalest' Heavy Assault Missile Launcher I x1
Phased Scoped Target Painter x1
Scythe Fit for reference:
Spoiler
[Scythe, Scythe]

Damage Control II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Co-Processor II
Co-Processor II

Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Medium Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Large C5-L Compact Shield Booster
10MN Afterburner II
EM Shield Hardener II

Medium Remote Shield Booster II
Medium Asymmetric Enduring Remote Shield Booster
Medium Asymmetric Enduring Remote Shield Booster

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Light Shield Maintenance Bot I x1
Medium Shield Maintenance Bot I x4
F.A.Q:
  • What implants should I have? None, you should bring a clean clone. There is a clone bay in Stacmon - The Quad so switch before we leave
  • Can I leave fleet at any time? Yes! If you're logging off, you should get to safety first. Go to High Sec or WHC Citadel. Ask for help in Fleet/Mumble if you're unsure.
  • Can I attend both events? Certainly
  • What happens if I lose my ship? Well, immediately warp off using your Pod Saver tab, get safe, and ask for assistance. If it happens during a PvP fight please don't interrupt voice comms. Instead, ask in Fleet Chat
  • FC can I bring my Drake? No
  • Isn't the WHC gone? The WHC is never gone! With Bob's will, we rise from the ashes and soar!
  • Which show are all these gifs from? Seriously? The Office! Except the one with AU comedian Jim Jeffreys.
Last edited by Professor Academiac on 2024.01.13 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Teacher • Mentor • Junior FC
Professor Academiac

Re: [EVENT/CLASS] WHC Noobs Night in the Hole | 2024.01.20 [USTZ @01:00] & [EUTZ @20:00]

MUST DOs before the event:

We will go over all of that at the beginning of the event. However, preparing before the event will save you a lot of time and hassle, and will allow you to enjoy the event rather than get lost in the User Interface.

1. Set up Mumble properly

2. You must also set up a Whisper Key and only use that during the fleet

3. Make sure you have EVE University Overview installed and have the "Tag" column selected as the first column

4. Make sure you set you Ship Safety Settings to Green

5. Learn How to Join Fleets

6. Learn How to Reload the Message of the Day (MOTD). The MOTD will have valuable information and links so please go through it carefully when you join

OPTIONALs before the event:

We will practice these together at the beginning of the event. Again, knowing these beforehand will help us get to the real fun action faster.

A. Know How to Find Ships on Contract

B. Be familiar with D-Scan

C. Be familiar with the Probe Scanner Window

D. Learn how to Add Fleet Members to Your Watch List

E. Learn How to Anchor

F. Know how to Broadcast for Repairs. Note that we will only provide Shield repairs during the fleet

G. It makes it visually easy to identify different things if you know How to Colour Code Broadcasts, there's a similar setting for Your Watchlist as well

If you have questions, please feel free to reach out to me, or any of the WHC members, Community Coordinators, or FCs.
Professor Academiac

Re: [EVENT/CLASS] WHC Noobs Night in the Hole | 2024.01.20 [USTZ @01:00] & [EUTZ @20:00]

Boopity bump.

Updated information on Event Requirements.
Durante Montenegro

Post by Durante Montenegro »

Shame I had to leave before the juicy mining op! But thank you so very much for creating this content for us, Professor Academiac!

Also, is there a fit or skill plan we should aim for to take advantage of mining OPs in WHC? I'm new to mining and huffing, and I can fly up to a Prospect/Endurance, but no idea what you guys focus on in WHC.
Eshod
Title: Fittings staff, Graduate

Post by Eshod »

Thanks for hosting this event! Was a good refresher after being away from the game for a few years.
"Without training, they lacked knowledge.
Without knowledge, they lacked confidence.
Without confidence, they lacked victory."

- Julius Caesar
BibiIbnHattab

Post by BibiIbnHattab »

Good event. A lot of work done by the WH guys behind the scene. Thank you!