[EVENT] Gas Huffing w/ Jerventures

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in advertising an event speak to our communications team.
Jerventures

[EVENT] Gas Huffing w/ Jerventures

Post by Jerventures »

Gas Huffing with Jerventures!!!

New Player Friendly!

Welcome to Gas Huffing with Jerventures! If you made it to this page that means either you are interested in Gas Huffing or would want to join our daily fleet group to earn more isk and find more clouds! New and experienced players are welcome! We also here to help, guide, and teach you about Gas Huffing in HS, LS, NS, and WHs. Not only are we teaching you, this page is also an invitation for you to join our Daily Gas Huffing Fleet!

This forums post is intended to:
1. Give you an introduction to Gas Huffing
2. Provide Fits (not ships) for your ventures to gas huff properly
3. Tell you about the roles and benefits of an explorer and booster
4. Provide details of the Daily Gas Huffing Fleet
5. Details in the MOTD

What is Gas Huffing?

Gas Huffing is essentially like mining rocks, moon, or ice but with more risk but also a bit better isk!
When Gas huffing, you are to find the sites first by scanning anomalies in a system. The better gas is always found in K space (HS, LS, and NS). For comparison of which gas is more valuable check this link out: Gas Comparison & Rough Estimate Prices
Upon gas huffing in K space, no rats will show up and kill you, however it is a different case in wormholes. In wormholes, upon entering a gas site, you have an estimate of about 15 minutes before any rats have a chance of spawning. Either you set up a gas shelf/ bookmark to a point where the rats won't detect you since the cloud is big enough, or you clear the rats when they spawn, or lastly just leave and find another site.

Fittings & Doctrine

Doctrine: [ORE, GAS, ICE] Mining Fits

Fittings:
T1 Gas Venture
[Venture, EUNI GAS Venture T1]

Inertial Stabilizers II

5MN Microwarpdrive I
Medium Shield Extender I
Multispectrum Shield Hardener I

Core Probe Launcher I
Gas Cloud Scoop I
Gas Cloud Scoop I

Small EM Shield Reinforcer I
Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints I

Hornet EC-300 x2

Core Scanner Probe I x8

This fit uses T1 Gas Scoops
T2 Gas Venture
[Venture, EUNI GAS Venture T2]

Inertial Stabilizers II

5MN Microwarpdrive II
Medium Shield Extender II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II

Core Probe Launcher I
Gas Cloud Scoop II
Gas Cloud Scoop II

Small EM Shield Reinforcer I

Hornet EC-300 x2

Core Scanner Probe I x8

This fit uses T2 Gas Scoops

Difference Between T1 & T2 Gas Scoops/Harvesters

So the T1 and T2 Gas Scoops/Harvesters are basically similar with T2s huff more units or space than the T1. However, do take note that, T2 Gas Scoops has a Residue Probability of 34%. Residue is basically wasted gas. For example you mine or huff 5 units of gas, since the probability is 34%, you also waste 2 units of the total gas in the cloud. So essentially you mine 5 units then you waste 2 units from a cloud totaling to 7 units all in all in the gas cloud.

Roles & Benefits

We have 2 other roles besides the miners huffing/mining the gas cloud. We have the explorers and the boosters.
For the explorers that are not interested in gas huffing, usually explorers ignore gas sites upon scanning in systems. In our community or group, when an explorer finds a gas site and decides not to partake in the mining, 5-10% (depending on the generosity) of the total gas value that the miners mine on the site shall be transferred to the explorer who found it. Just set the bookmark in the folder provided in the MOTD and we will see who has put the bookmark and at what time.
For the boosters, it's pretty simple a general tip of like 5% is enough but still depends on the miners.

We highly recommend the tipping to the boosters but is generally not required.
For the explorers, we tend to require the minimum amount of 5% tip because of the rarity of gas sites in days.

Daily Gas Huffing Fleet & MOTD

Formup: Stacmon - The Quad
Comms: Mumble - On Demand Channels (Gas Huffing w/ Jerventures
Fleet Name: Gas Huffing w/ Jerventures
Time: Around 17:00-23:00 & 03:00-08:00 EVE Time

With the MOTD, it provides you with the locations folder (Gas Huffing w/ Jerventures) contatining all the locations/bookmarks for the Gas Sites. Please message me in game or in discord (@Jerventures For Discord and In game or @Creationary for ingame as well) if you are interested in becoming an explorer because I need to add some specific permissions for explorers as well.

With that I hope to see you all Huffing along side me and the gang! Fly safe!