[Shared Can] October-21 Slays, Willy Wonka's 1600 Eve

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in advertising an event speak to our communications team.
Amon Ijonen

[Shared Can] October-21 Slays, Willy Wonka's 1600 Eve

Post by Amon Ijonen »

Shared Can Mining Fleet

Come hang out with your fellow Unistas and make some ISK in the process. Join the upcoming Shared Can Mining Fleet:

Date: 2023-10-21
Fleet form-up: <15:45> Eve Time (UTC)
Mining Target: Moon
Duration: 2 - 4 Hours

Moon pops at 16:00 Eve Time

What is a Shared Can?

It's a mining fleet where everyone throws whatever they mine into a shared pool which then gets sold to Uni BuyBack, and participants receive a share of the payout based on how long they were mining.

How do you know for how long I was mining ?
You need to write the time you switched your lasers on and again when you switched them off in the fleet chat. You just post
lasers on HH:MM
for example.

I don't have a mining ship
No problemo, loaner ships are available - please show up 10 mins before the fleet is due to start so we can distribute them to you. Just remember to contract them back immediately afterwards!

Won't smaller mining ships contribute less and get more ISK relatively compared to bigger ships?
Yup, this is a super newbro friendly fleet mechanic where more experienced miners give new miners a leg up. Hopefully, you will be able to buy your first barge after this event! https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 0&t=124102

How do I give you what I mined?
Just jettison what you mine into space and we'll come and slurp it up and add it to the total. Remember to compress it first, and only jettison once your mining hold starts filling up too much.

Asteroids don't fight back, where's the fun in that?
This is a chill fleet, come and relax with your fellow unistas, make some ISK and, there's always some entertainment and handouts happening in Mumble.

When do I get the payout?
Usually within 2 - 3 days after the fleet, once the ore has been sold and your share calculated.

Still have questions, ask below or ping @Amon Ijonen on Eve Uni DIscord