[PvE] 17th October 2023 - Combat Exploration

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in advertising an event speak to our communications team.
Zeerse Solaris
Title: Diplomat, AMC Officer, Mentor, Bloober, Teacher, Graduate

[PvE] 17th October 2023 - Combat Exploration

Post by Zeerse Solaris »

Date and Time: October 17th 2023 - 18:00 Eve Time- 2 hours, but you are free to drop from the fleet earlier if you want to

Fleet Staging Location: Stacmon - The Quad

What do I need to bring?: Cruiser with self repairs and if you know how to scan with space to fit a probe scanner, then that would be good to have more scanners. Disallowed - Battlecruisers and Battleships (they will slow us down and may not even be able to get into sites). I would like an astero that can scan and potentially run some basic DED1 sites solo. We'll probably stay in Serpentis space for those wishing to fit for specific damage types.

What skills do I need?: As per the above ship flying skills, you don't have to be able to scan.

What are we doing on this fleet?: We will be looking for Combat signatures in high sec. These are also referred to as DED sites which I can explain while the fleet is running. These sites can 'escalate' giving potentially a multi-destination mission to follow.
While scanning, anyone not scanning can go and run any combat anomalies that can produce an escalation e.g. Serptenis Hideaways and Refuges to give us multiple avenues of gaining escalations.
I'll have a fairly big circular route plotted which aims to return us back at Stacmon, although if we're following escalations we may divert off.
If someone tries to steal our loot we will try to shoot them.

Why are we doing this? Not always but quite often, these sites can drop valuable deadspace modules, blueprints, and implants. We'll use my alt in a loot truck to collect these and I'll put them into buyback and share the isk across the fleet. As we fly around I'll explain in general terms what we're doing for new players.
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor
Demonus999

Re: [PvE] 17th October 2023 - Combat Exploration

Post by Demonus999 »

Do you have any loaners or ships available in Stacmon for contract?
Zeerse Solaris

Post by Zeerse Solaris »

Demonus999 wrote: 2023.10.17 09:35 Do you have any loaners or ships available in Stacmon for contract?
I'm sure I can put a few things together as loaners, if they work well for people then they'll be able to keep them.
Demonus999

Post by Demonus999 »

Thank you so much!
Zeerse Solaris

Post by Zeerse Solaris »

AAR - Fleet time - undocked slightly after 18:00 and returned home to Stacmon just before 22:00.

The fleet was myself in a VNI, a Stratios that went ahead of the fleet and did most the scanning (JPNS), and T1 cruisers either brought to the fleet my the participants or loaned out (3xCaracals, 1 Moa, 1 Rupture).

We started on my 'east' route first which was mostly a bust, although we did pick up a c-type coreli multispectrum before the first person left. I then plotted my 'south' route which heads into Amarr space and for the first few systems again not much available, even for potential green sites to escalate, but finally we scanned down a Blood Intelligence site which dropped an A-type multispectrum (204m for 1 module). Although another Blood Intelligence site spawned as we completed that one, it just had 2m in loot, showing the randomness of combat exploration.

That did set us on our way though. We looped around finally getting a Haunted Yard escalation before heading back with a total of 500m deadspace and pirate loot submitted into the buyback. Pay out for those who stayed for the entire fleet 85m isk, with practical teaching on the sites included and hopefully several new combat explorers enabled to go out on their own.
Demonus999

Post by Demonus999 »

Thanks for the fleet. Looking forward to the next one