[EVENT] End of the Nano Summer !

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in advertising an event speak to our communications team.
Teran Feynoir

[EVENT] End of the Nano Summer !

Post by Teran Feynoir »

Hello Eve University, for those of you that didn't knew this summer was all about kiting small gangs !

Well, to be honest it was more medium gang since the comp' was victim of its success and we got 96 brave characters (alt included) participating in 17 fleets documented by an AAR for a total of 33B ISK Destroyed for 6,5B ISK Lost resulting in 80.37% Efficiency.

We really want to thank all our content creators - I know some fleets were not recorded here - and all the brave pilots that went out to try something new. KSG can be intimidating as it requires pilots to put a lot more effort into how you fly than our usual brawling comp'.

So this event is done but we're looking forward to read some more dank AARs about kiting gangs yeeting in deep nullsec to fight the blob !

Now, let's put the spot light on our great participants !

Fleet commanders :
  • Shukken Tekitsu

Shukken proved to be one of our top FC this summer, on top of hosting the Fight Club in Slays every Thursday and participating in a lot of our Structure Defense and STRATOP in Syndicate, he is also the first FC who dared to take a KSG gang roaming in SovNull and made it into a recurrent event that unistas started looking forward to.

With sometimes more than 20 pilots in fleet, Shukken not only tried different compositions but he also grew as an FC with the comp and we received a lot of great feedback about his fleets. So thank you Shukken, your rewards are well deserved :D

Rewards:
    • KSG Cyclone Fleet Issue + Snowline bladeracer SKIN
    • KSG Jackdaw + Steel Cardinal SKIN
    • Tempest Scope Syndication SKIN
    • Draugur hull & Coreli A-Type Small Armor Repairer
  • Yuri Levnik

Do we need to present Yuri Levnik ?

He's one of our beloved Senior FC, one of the most consistent content providers of Eve university and our resident brawler.
    Aside from KSG, Yuri frequently brings small brawlers comps' in SovNull or Pochven or even fun BLOPS fleet, but this summer we dared him to FC a kiting gang and... Yuri delivered !

Bringing together newbro and bittervet alike in the deep corner of the cluster, Yuri managed to take down a... Rorqual with a Nano Gang ! But most of all his fleets were a lot of fun !

Thank you Yuri for this and all the content you bring with you all year round :D

Rewards:
    • KSG Navy Harbringer + Cold Iron SKIN
    • KSG Hurricane + Snowline Bladeracer SKIN
    • Rupture Scope Syndication SKIN
  • SteveHarington/Rairt Adoulin

Formerly know as Rairt, Steve is one of our JFCs that brought Minmatar FW closer to E-UNI. This summer he also took up the challenge and led relatively new players in a mixed Caracal/Stabber comp' around to try out KSG in our USTZ timezone.

Thanks Steve, we hope to see you continue your FC journey amongst us <3

Rewards:
    • KSG Hyena + Snowline Bladeracer SKIN
    • Stabber Deathglow Remnant SKIN
  • Hippla

Another one of our Senior FCs, manager of the communication dpt, track lead of the EWAR study group, omnipresent teacher and content provider and #1 german in my heart.

Very present in the organisation of PvP fleets in the Nullsec pocket where he frequently lead QRF and flash-form roams, Hippla also found the time to take out a KSG gang to spread chaos, and infuriating dad jokes, in Syndicate.

Thanks Hippla :D

Rewards:
    • KSG Keres + Keres Serpentis SKIN
    And finally, two of our resident wormholers also submitted an AAR for what I believe were the two first E-UNI QRF using the KSG doctrine, thank you both for trying it out at the very beginning of the KSG launch when everything was not figured out for everyone yet.
    I hope to see you try again, maybe one against the other since Luxx left the Uni with his main to pursue his hole dweller career in the C5 highway !

• Needsname
    Rewards:
    • KSG Navy Exequror + Spirit SKIN
  • Luxxianna Seraph/Alabastair Crescent
    Rewards:
    • KSG Nosprey + Steel Cardinal SKIN
Fleet members:

We have rewarded our FCs already, but there are some other people we'd like to put the spot light on. The following pilots have constantly participated in KSG roams, more than 10 for some of them, fielding crucial roles and learning with us.
A special thanks to Clarityz and Bazinga who shared their experience of Nano gangs and made sure to give all the help and advice they could to our FCs (on top of being our usual scouts, securing most of our kills).

Thanks guys :D
  • bazingamogus
    Reward:
    • Vedmak Blackfire Steel SKIN
  • Clarityz
    Reward:
    • Malediction Star Captain SKIN
  • Marc sare
    Reward:
    • Retribution Oasis of Faith SKIN
  • Francie
    Reward:
    • Sentinel Oasis of faith SKIN
  • Tomlin
    Reward:
    • Kitsune steel cardinal SKIN
  • Alex EpicPotato
    Reward:
    • Caracal Aurora Universalis SKIN
  • Olov Starseed
    Reward:
  • Rauk Ellecon
    Reward:
A lot of players participated this summer so it would not be fair not to mention them all so please find below a list of all our participants.
I hope to see you all in space some more guys :D
Others participants (and their alts xD):
Shaemus O'Conor
Parrish Askiras
Alainir
Arps 331
Causarius Meretrix
Cody Sorr
Drake Shea
Friebel Adestur
Gurna smunkle
Lee King
RickyDickler
Softzombie
Teran Feynoir
Vybez Kartel
Mongo the Mechanic
Apollo Creed Adama
Duke Bosch
Dune Barphsaq
Flando Prime
Flax Harakeke
Gideon Mastracci jr
Harry Heinee
Jack Heck
John Parmelee
Kanukki Astraad
Lakidi Laduko
Lef Aego
little nemo
Lykos Zahir
Mali Brocreux
Menelmir
MRKWA
Promitheas Pyroforos
Sars Covin
wintergrasp
Achille Askiras
Alastair Thomas
Alice Marigold
Anidien Dallacort
Antu Nukao Makanen
Ashtagnaert Anzer Rotineque
Asterius Fox
Becvar
Binra Fera
Boran Lordsworth
Buns a Glazing
Cornelius Floppybottom
Daphni Quinn
Gamercube
Harnser Kynes
Harper J Sheen
Hofborn
IdolEyes Kartel
Iis Foolio
Inphyy Ectvarr
Ion710
Jak Lemmont
Kadanzal
Karvus P
Klahidel
levela
Lonez
Mia Fukami
Michael Toev
OverlordMega
Pavlo Anzomi
Raven Hallows
Roderik Reckeless
Rolfhammer
Ruban Spangler
Sajius
Scooter Lubby
Scout Tomilin
Smuth Joe
Thorgnu Gniessius
Trens Morto
Venator Fox
Verbea Koskanaiken
Winzo
xv75
Yishna Strone

Before leaving you alone, let me express some more thanks:

- to our amazing Production dpt for all those contracts at the kick-off of the doctrine ;
- to our haulers that managed to ship hundreds of ships across two different stagings ;
- to the SRP team that made sure our players can try out the doctrine without ending up broke ;
- to our special sponsors: Lonez for his improved SRP, Hippla and Arps 331 who contributed heavily in the rewards offered today ;
- and of course to our fittings team, without them KSG would not be a thing (totally not a dirty edit to add them after I forgot :D)

Last edited by Teran Feynoir on 2023.09.03 18:07, edited 1 time in total.
Graduate
ImageImageImage
Laura Karpinski
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Title: Director of Alliance Services, Benevolent Overlady

Re: [EVENT] End of the Nano Summer !

Post by Laura Karpinski »

I just want to add a thank you to Teran for organising this whole thing. Proposing the idea, ordering the ships, answering questions, keeping track of participants, rallying around for prizes (and contributing a lot himself) and generally just making this whole event happen. Thanks, Teran!
Former CEO of EVE University
Laura Karpinski of House E-Uni, first of her name, the undocked, Khaleesi of the Campuses, mother of unistas!
Troy Boirelle

Post by Troy Boirelle »

Thanks Teran, what a great legacy! Congratulations to all the winners!
Tomlin

Post by Tomlin »

Big congrats to all the winners! There were some really exciting fleets to do and it was a lot of fun flying with all the listed FCs. Hope we can keep the momentum going through the colder months for more KSG fun
Hippla

Post by Hippla »

Most entertaining competition AAR :lol: :lol:
Teran want to join the Comms team? :-p
Yuri Levnik

Post by Yuri Levnik »

I have never felt so accurately represented by a meme (;

Many thanks to the fitting team for the doctrine, to Teran for organizing the event, to all of the fantastic folks who worked on producing and shipping the fits, and to the pikots who supported me in my attempts to kite!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher
SteveHarrington
Title: Events Staff, Sophomore

Post by SteveHarrington »

Thank You Teran and Laura and everyone who was involved with getting this event going.

Also thanks to everyone in the FC lounge for running fleets.

Large thanks to the production team for the help of getting ships out for us. Its had to be busy for them and im sure they are going to stay busy with thier call for new hires.

But biggest thanks is to the members who joined my fleets. I do apoligize for the one week i was sick. And hopefully you all joined the Strat op last tuesday. But honestly without you guys there is no need for a FC or in my case a guy who wants to learn more about fcing.
Want to bring a drake? Just join my fleets there is a 99% chance of a yes.
SteveHarrington
Title: Events Staff, Sophomore

Post by SteveHarrington »

Yuri Levnik wrote: 2023.09.03 17:37 I have never felt so accurately represented by a meme (;

Many thanks to the fitting team for the doctrine, to Teran for organizing the event, to all of the fantastic folks who worked on producing and shipping the fits, and to the pikots who supported me in my attempts to kite!
We just need to get the enemy to agree on that we are kiting them. Not them running or sitting still.
Want to bring a drake? Just join my fleets there is a 99% chance of a yes.
Flando Prime

Post by Flando Prime »

They were def fun!!
Shaemus O'Conor

Post by Shaemus O'Conor »

Thanks to all the FCs who took out the different mutations of KSG, it is a fun doctrine!

Please keep them coming. :)
All praise the glorious Griffin!

Communications Officer - Quartermaster Officer

Ex-Communications Manager

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Cody Sorr

Post by Cody Sorr »

Much Dakka, much fun!
Francie

Post by Francie »

Nano summer was the best transition from shooting rocks in a hulk to shouting "shooting ROCKS!" in fleet.

Thank you to everyone who organised and all who lent a guiding hand along the way. You're all cemented in my mental model of PvP like a ducking imprints on their mother.