[Shared Can] Ergan Eto Memorial Fleet

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in running an event speak to our Events team
Psychotic Fickity
Orientation Manager
Orientation Manager

[Shared Can] Ergan Eto Memorial Fleet

Post by Psychotic Fickity »

For those of you who knew him, please come and share your memories and funny stories.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Xobekk Gao
Hauling Manager
Hauling Manager

Re: [Shared Can] Ergan Eto Memorial Fleet

Post by Xobekk Gao »

What is a Shared Can?

Its a mining fleet where everyone throws whatever they mine into a shared pool which then gets sold and participants receive a share of the payout based on how long they were mining for.

How do you know how long I was mining for?
You need to write the time you switched your lasers on and when you switched them off in the fleet chat. You just post
lasers on HH:MM
for example.

I don't have a mining ship
No problemo, loaner ships are available - please show up 10 mins before the fleet is due to start so we can distribute them to you.

Won't smaller mining ships contribute less and get more ISK relatively compared to bigger ships?
Yup, this is a super newbro friendly fleet mechanic where more experienced miners give new miners a leg up.

How do I give you what I mined?
Just jettison what you mine into space and we'll come and slurp it up and add it to the total.

Asteroids don't fight back, where's the fun in that?
This is a chill fleet, come and relax with your fellow unistas, make some ISK and, there's always some entertainment planned for each fleet.

When do I get the payout?
Usually within 2 - 3 days after the fleet, once the ore has been sold and your share calculated.
Xobekk Gao
EVE Uni Hauling Manager, Senior Production Officer, Buyback Trader (Amarr & Jita)