[COMPLETED][EVENT] The EVE Gate Pilgrimage - 16 April 2023, 15:00 EVE

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in advertising an event speak to our communications team.
Amoni Panala

[COMPLETED][EVENT] The EVE Gate Pilgrimage - 16 April 2023, 15:00 EVE

Post by Amoni Panala »

DISCOVER WHERE IT ALL BEGAN...
LEARN OF BETRAYAL, REBELLION, AND REVENGE
AN EXPERIENCE THAT UNITES NEW EDEN
MAKE THE PILGRIMAGE TO...
THE EVE GATE

Every once in a while EVE University likes to make the pilgrimage to the EVE Gate. As someone who didn't start out caring about lore, the EVE Gate was an entry way for me to slowly take an interest in what the story is that surrounds this game. This is a guided tour meaning that I will occasionally spout basic lore about some of the things we're going to see. We'll be stopping at Sansha's Wormhole and the Black Monolith since all three things are in the area.

Form up location: Stacmon - The Quad
Form up date and time: 16 April 2023 at 15:00 EVE Time || Undock at 15:30 EVE Time
Duration: ~ 2 hours
Doctrine: Shuttles
Comms: Foxtrot Channel - EUni Mumble
Questions: Send an EVEMail to me (Amoni Panala)

This is going to be a very casual trip with open comms for discussing the sights with folks alongside you on this pilgrimage. In order to make this a shared experience, please make sure you are comfortable with the following basic fleet commands:

Set destination
Align to
Gate is red
Jump, jump, jump
Check, check/break, break

For further information about fleets, please see the Rookies Guide to Fleet Ops. Most of it is not relevant for our purposes, but it's a good idea to familiarize yourself with fleet operations when playing a game about flying ships in space. ;)
Last edited by Amoni Panala on 2023.04.16 23:53, edited 1 time in total.
She/her
Killboard
Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Amoni Panala

Re: [EVENT] The EVE Gate Pilgrimage - 16 April 2023, 15:00 EVE

Post by Amoni Panala »

A modest and wonderful pilgrimage successfully pulled off. We visited the Black Monolith and later some ships were sacrificed to it. We also took photos at the EVE Gate and discussed a cursory overview of the lore behind what the 'gate' represents. Thank you to everyone who attended. I hope you enjoyed the trip.

As always, fly safe o7

She/her
Killboard
Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image