[Master thread] PLEX 4 Good - Türkiye & Syria

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in advertising an event speak to our communications team.
Laura Karpinski
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Title: Director of Alliance Services, Benevolent Overlady

[Master thread] PLEX 4 Good - Türkiye & Syria

Post by Laura Karpinski »

I'm sure you've seen the news about the devastation caused in the earthquakes in Türkiye. Over 28,000 people have lost their lives and 24 million have lost everything.

CCP (the developer of EVE Online) have a charitable project called PLEX 4 Good which they have rolled out at various times over the years. The announcement for the current one is here: https://www.eveonline.com/news/view/ple ... -and-syria. The concept is you send the in-game currency 'PLEX' to a particular character controlled by CCP, and CCP donate the RL currency equivalent to charity - in this case to Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) and AHBAP. This particular campaign is running until 23:59:59 UTC on 21 February 2023.

It would be great if EVE Uni as a whole could donate some PLEX to the cause. I'll keep track of the donations to CCP so we can see how much we raise. So I'm inviting anyone who wants to organise an event to join in - if you have a fundraising event idea please schedule it and post the information in this thread. If you need help organising something drop me a line and I'm happy to help you. Since the campaign is only running for a short time events will necessarily be short notice, but please try and avoid clashing with existing scheduled events, fleets or classes.

SCHEDULED EVENTS:

* 16 February 2023 from 01:00 - Abyssal Shared Can
* 16 February 2023 from 23:00 - Cruiser PVP Event
* 17 February 2023 from 20:00 - 100% Donation Mining Fleet in Slays

PLEX RAISED SO FAR:

10,915 PLEX
(Plus 3,000 PLEX sent to CCP directly)
Last edited by Laura Karpinski on 2023.02.21 12:09, edited 14 times in total.
Former CEO of EVE University
Laura Karpinski of House E-Uni, first of her name, the undocked, Khaleesi of the Campuses, mother of unistas!
Laura Karpinski
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Re: [Master thread] PLEX 4 Good - Türkiye & Syria

100% DONATION MINING FLEET

Date: 17 February 2023
Time: 20:00 till we drop

How it works: Grab your mining ships and come join us in a chill high sec mining fleet. You wanna see tonnes of pretty lasers destroying some evil rocks? See some big boi mining ships at work? This is super low effort, low skill requirement and fun. You can join in with any mining ship, including a wee venture for new players or alpha characters. We'll have boosts so you mine more efficiently, ore collection so you don't need to worry about going back and forth from the station and we'll have some entertainment also. A great thing about mining fleets is you can come and go as you please - if you're not there at the start it makes no difference at all, and you can leave whenever you like.

Important note: This mining fleet is for PLEX 4 Good, which means ALL of the ore will be sold and converted to PLEX for the charity donation. You won't make any ISK on this fleet. However, it'll be a fun experience and you get the warm fuzzy feeling of helping out a couple of really important RL charities.

I will need: Boosters, Noctis, Security (if we are at war) - If you can fill any of these roles please drop me a line.
Last edited by Laura Karpinski on 2023.02.12 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
Laura Karpinski of House E-Uni, first of her name, the undocked, Khaleesi of the Campuses, mother of unistas!
Lee Southpaw

Post by Lee Southpaw »

Looking forward to it!
Susan Wulf
Title: Sophomore

Post by Susan Wulf »

PLEX for GOOD: 100% Donation Vanguard Incursion Fleet

Date: 18/19 February 2023
Time: 11:15 (after DT) and USTZ 01:00
Goal: 1000 PLEX
Being run by Susan Wulf, Olly Wakwako

Fleet will form at 11:15 and, if circumstances allow, run until total fleet earnings reach ~500 million ISK for each fleet member (assuming 10-11 pilots). This should amount to approximately 1000 PLEX at the current rate.

All earnings should be transferred to the corporation "Ivy League INC Holdings" upon leaving fleet/fleet folding – an Incursion Community Co-ordinator will exchange the ISK for PLEX and contract it to the "CCP PLEX for GOOD" character.

See you in fleet!

Wulf o7

Results:
02/18, 11:15 fleet: 3000 PLEX

updated with time and date for USTZ fleet
updated with staging station, removed "island" spawn disclaimer
Last edited by Susan Wulf on 2023.02.18 16:32, edited 3 times in total.
lobevaser

Post by lobevaser »

my alt orca can boost
Lobevaser - Teacher
Graduate
Laura Karpinski
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Operation success! I'm delighted to say we raised 11,860 PLEX towards the PLEX 4 Good campaign. And ALSO the Incursions Community raised 3,000 PLEX which they sent directly. AMAZING!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
I promised I would account for all the ISK, so here is a link to the spreadsheet where I recorded all donations and events with PLEX/ISK raised. Just to note:
  • When converting from ISK to PLEX and back on my spreadsheet I used a nominal figure of 1 PLEX = 5,000,000 ISK. However, in practice all PLEX I bought were below this value, so we actually raised slightly more PLEX than the spreadsheet would appear to show.
  • I have shortened donor's names to initials to protect their privacy
Image Image
Remi XIX

Post by Remi XIX »

Great work everyone, particularly Laura!