[Complete] Space Rugby > 2022-12-07 @ 20h00 evetime

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in advertising an event speak to our communications team.
JohnPlayerNotSpecial
Title: Events Staff, Bloober, Graduate

[Complete] Space Rugby > 2022-12-07 @ 20h00 evetime

Post by JohnPlayerNotSpecial »

Safeties Red in Highsec with Smartbombs yay

Date: 2022-12-07 @ 20h00 evetime. (Formup @ 19h30, check fleet finder !)
Duration: ~1-2h.
Ships: Clean Clone / Pod. Everything else provided for free !
Fleet: Yes.
Mumble: Yes. Have whisper hotkey set up. Instructions on the wiki or as gif image.

Want to put into practise what you've learned in Fightclub ? Want to boss ppl around ? Here's your chance !

You are hereby invited to participate in a good old fashioned Space Rugby.

How does it work ?
=> We'll divide participants into teams of 3 persons, where one flies a "Hauler" and the two others a "Defender".
=> In an Arena, tractor a "ball" from the center of the playing field through your goal to score a point. Prevent your opponent team from doing so by either popping their Defenders or ecming the Hauler.
=> Whichever team gets the most points after a set amount of time wins.
=> Once a Defender explodes, that person immediately reships into a new one and jumps back into combat until time is over.

The Ships:
=> ALL Ships will be provided, for free ! You do not need to bring your own.
However please do check if you have the skills for them. They've been designed to be flown as an Alpha, and having one level in f.ex Small Hybrid Turret is enough in this case.
=> One skill ppl usually do not have is Energy Pulse Weapons (costs 130k, roughly 20-40 mins training time to level 1), please make use of the excellent Skillbook Program and please do not wait until the event has started.

Hauler:
Spoiler
[Nereus, Space Rugby]
400mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates

F-90 Compact Sensor Booster
Medium Shield Extender I
Medium Shield Extender I

Small Tractor Beam I

Scan Resolution Script x3
Defender:
Spoiler
[Velator, Space Rugby]
Inertial Stabilizers I
Inertial Stabilizers I

5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Multispectral ECM I

Small YF-12a Smartbomb
Light Electron Blaster I

Antimatter Charge S x200
Expected survivability time for a Defender is ~10 seconds. Worry not, i have prepared enough of them (245) and fast ongrid reshipping will be provided (aka you dont need to warp far or waste valuable time).

Mumble whisper:
We'll all be sitting in same fleet comms divided by subchannels, it is therefore imperative everyone has their whisper key set up. You can read on the wiki on how to setup, or as alternative here's a gif image.

Clean Clone:
Stacmon being Uni HQ provides a cheapo clonebay for one isk. Although podding is not allowed, as a safety measure please make sure to switch into a clean one.

Prizes:
Yes, if i manage to figure out who to talk to ;)

Think that's it, hopefully i've now made you interrested in participating.

o/
Last edited by JohnPlayerNotSpecial on 2022.12.08 00:53, edited 1 time in total.
signature.
JohnPlayerNotSpecial
Title: Events Staff, Bloober, Graduate

Re: Complete] Space Rugby > 2022-12-07 @ 20h00 evetime

Post by JohnPlayerNotSpecial »

Sadly only 2 persons showed up whereas this event needs at the miminum 6.

We had one quick 1v1 with the Defender ships in order to at least have some pew.

Prizepool was 60M (uni) & 60M (donor), we gave it all to the newbro who participated as the other person was already wealthy enough ;)

Better luck next time :(
signature.
Isaac Kross

Re: [Complete] Space Rugby > 2022-12-07 @ 20h00 evetime

Post by Isaac Kross »

sorry that it didnt go well. TY for all the work you have done on this. Ive brought this up to my corp in Goons and there is a lot of interest. I hope you dont mind, but I am going to attempt a game with them. It will probably get gooned tho and end up a ffa lol