[Fleet]Crimson Harvest done the Noob way!

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in advertising an event speak to our communications team.
Michelle Devereux

[Fleet]Crimson Harvest done the Noob way!

Post by Michelle Devereux »

After the successful Caldari Event run two months ago, when a group of 10-12 Unistas in lowly Kestrels ran Event sites (the Caldari Event), and very successfully at that (the loot was nearly 850 mil ISK for an hour or so, iirc!) the idea is that we could try to repeat this.... and this time with the Halloween combat sites!

So without further ado here is the outline:
  • What: Halloeen Event combat sites around Stacmon where we can find them (yes, that would very likely get us into Lowsec; seems that few people run them there!), to be run in dirt-cheap, UNI-PAID(!!!) ships (new player accessible!)
  • When: Tuesday, 25. October - 19:00 Eve time
  • Where: Form-up at Stacmon HQ, The Quad - jump into a clean clone; ships will be on contract for the Event (see below, thanks Production Department!)
  • Why: The combat sites are supposed to be fairly tough, with the Patch Notes advising a HAC or BC and up to run them. As there is little reason to assume that CCP changed a lot since the Event last year, a mixture of Frigs, Dessis and Cruisers are to be expected over several rooms, with a BS (Nightmare, what else) as the final boss.
    https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Crimson_Harvest_(2021)
    Unlike the Caldari Event, there are expected to be way less rats, but with cruisers the rats will be harder. Still, with small Kestrels, the rats are also expected to have difficulty to hit us. Thus, a small fleet of ships should be able to get through each room fairly quickly. And keeping the ships cheap means that we could even lose a few and still come out more than comfortably isk-positive, because the loot from the sites is on par with the difficulty.
  • Comms: Mumble
  • Ships: The two Kestrel fits below will be available for free at the form-up station (The HQ) on contracts so reshipping is always possible.
  • Loot distribution: Part of the Loot will go toward paying for the ships. Part of the Loot will go towards buying Jilokari new Exotic Dancers. The rest will be equal shares for all fleet participants, even if you lose your ship in the very first room in each site!
Ship Notes:

If you have a range of 12km or more with the rocket Kestrel T1.5 fit below and the fit works PG/CPU-wise, then use that. Otherwise get the light missile T1 Kestrel, which should be flyable on just the frigate-short-skill-plan plus Hull Upgrades IV.
The T1.5 has higher damage and tank, but you need to be able to comfortably hit out to 12+km to be effective against the kiting rats.
There is no T2 version, we are running cheap, remember? :wink:

Fits (Spoiler: I dont know how to Spoiler):

Kestrel T1
[Kestrel, Halloween Howler T1]

Damage Control II
Photonic Upgraded Co-Processor

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Enduring Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Small Shield Extender I
Enduring Multispectrum Shield Hardener

TE-2100 Ample Light Missile Launcher

Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Small EM Shield Reinforcer I

Scourge Light Missile x2500

Kestrel T1.5

[Kestrel, Halloween Howler T1.5]

Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System I

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Compact Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Medium Shield Extender I
Compact Multispectrum Shield Hardener

OE-5200 Rocket Launcher
OE-5200 Rocket Launcher
OE-5200 Rocket Launcher
OE-5200 Rocket Launcher

Small Rocket Fuel Cache Partition I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Small EM Shield Reinforcer I

Scourge Rocket x2500

Now if you reached this point and are willing to give it a shot, there is
  • ONE BIG CAVEAT!
Now that is mainly intended as a PVE fleet, but as it would very likely take place in Lowsec, PVP elements are expected to happen (last time we caught a Badger and a Corax).
  • THAT MEANS:
We NEED someone to FC the fleet. Because I am not one. I would not enjoy it and neither would you. Also chances of whelping would rise astronomically.
So please, please, pretty please, if you have experience with fleets or even if you want to give it a shot, post in this thread!

Additional Notes:
  • We will need at least 10 pilots and that is already stretching it. With only that number It is clear that as soon as one or two of us go down the cascade begins. So the more the merrier and also safety in numbers and all that! Also it will be faster, so more numbers means more loot, so individual payouts should not greatly be reduced. Of course, since this is only theory, what worked last time with the Caldari Event might not work this time at all and we all could whelp in minute 1 after we enter a site.
  • Make sure you are in a clean clone.
  • We could also use (cloaky?) scout(s) both to check surrounding systems for more sites, for enemy for-ups and generally to.... scout (this would be optional, I suppose). This is optional and will prolly only apply if we have 20 or more participants or something.
  • NBSI Anyone not us is fair game (loot drop rate is currently 90%, so....)
Questions:
Welcome to post them here at any time.