[PvE] 2022-10-17 @9:00 | L4 Mission Fleet

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in advertising an event speak to our communications team.
Jindo Lee

[PvE] 2022-10-17 @9:00 | L4 Mission Fleet

Post by Jindo Lee »

What: Level 4 Missions
When: Monday OCT 17 @9:00 Eve Time
Where: Amygnon VI - Moon 1 - Garoun Investment Bank Vault station

I'm going to run a level 4 mission fleet specificaly for new players in the Oceania/Asian timezones. I've solo'd plenty of L4s in my day, and I've done my fair share of FCing in PvP, but this will be my first time FCing a mission fleet! So, this probably won't be the most ISK/LP efficient fleet for those of you accustomed to the regular weekly L4 fleets. It is intended for those without much experience in fleets or running L4 Missions, to get a taste of fleet combat in a easy and controlled environment. We will be pausing as necessary for Q&A, and to make sure everyone is sorted and comfortable. That being said, anyone is welcome to join us and hang out and make some new friends!

If you are totally new, try to be 15-20 minutes early so we can sort out any ship/fittings issues in advance, and get going on time! If things go well, and people are having a good time, we will take a break at downtime and then keep going!

If you have ANY questions please get in touch with me in the days ahead, and I can help you sort out whatever is on your mind.

Doctrine - Long Range Guns/Missles
These missions are full of battleships, so you should try to bring a battleship, a battlecruiser or a tanky cruiser. However, as long as you're comfortable flying it and losing it (which is very possible if you bring something smaller), you can bring whatever you like and we'll do our best to make sure everyone stays safe. Remember, our goal is to hang out and have some fun, see the content, and learn stuff. So even if you don't feel like you have the best ship, don't let that stop you -- it's a party and everyone is invited!

I will try to make sure I have some extra Gnosis battleships available that most new players should be able to fly, in case we don't have enough people in big ships. However, you are encouraged to try to put together your own fit if possible, just for the learning experience -- minimally, a battlecruiser or tanky cruiser. DO NOT worry about getting it perfect -- once you are on the field you will see how your ship performs, and you can figure out what adjustments are needed for NEXT TIME. Whatever you do, don't break the bank, and never fly what you can't afford to lose!

When putting together a ship for this, focus on your tank first (either shield or armor) -- a ship can go down fast in level 4 missions, so survivability is your first priority. Your weapons and ammo should be configured for long range combat -- have a look at this article to help you fit your turrets (hybrid, projectile, or energy) and bring both long and short range ammo in case you need to switch out. For you missle-lovers, have a look here. If your ship has a drone bay, fill it up with light drones, to help us fight off any fast frigates and destroyers which might warp scram us. Remember,ships that have a bonus for a specific armor or weapon type should be fitted with that type!

The battlecruisers available on loan:
Heavy Missile Gnosis - Armor Tank
[Gnosis, Mission Fleet - HM Armor]
AE-K Compact Drone Damage Amplifier
Compact Multispectrum Energized Membrane
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer
IFFA Compact Damage Control
Crosslink Compact Ballistic Control System
Medium I-a Enduring Armor Repairer

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Missile Guidance Computer I
Missile Guidance Computer I
F-90 Compact Sensor Booster
Eutectic Compact Cap Recharger

'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I
Medium Nanobot Accelerator I

Acolyte I x5
Vespa I x5

Targeting Range Script x1
Scourge Heavy Missile x5000
Missile Range Script x2
Scan Resolution Script x1
Nanite Repair Paste x64
Missile Precision Script x2
Skills Required (Approx 2 days)
Afterburner 3
CPU Management 2
Drones 3
Energy Grid Upgrades 2
Gunnery 2
Heavy Missiles 1
High Speed Maneuvering 1
Hull Upgrades 3
Light Drone Operation 1
Light Missiles 3
Long Range Targeting 1
Mechanics 2
Medium Drone Operation 1
Missile Bombardment 1
Missile Launcher Operation 3
Navigation 3
Power Grid Management 2
Repair Systems 1
Science 1
Spaceship Command 1

And
Hybrid Turret Gnosis - Armor Tank
[Gnosis, Mission Fleet - Hybrid Armor]
Vortex Compact Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Vortex Compact Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer
IFFA Compact Damage Control

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
F-90 Compact Sensor Booster
Medium Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Medium Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Optical Compact Tracking Computer
Optical Compact Tracking Computer

250mm Prototype Gauss Gun
Drone Link Augmentor I

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Hybrid Collision Accelerator I
Medium Nanobot Accelerator I

Warrior I x8
Hobgoblin I x7

Thorium Charge M x2500
Antimatter Charge M x5000
Optimal Range Script x2
Targeting Range Script x1
Nanite Repair Paste x160
Iron Charge M x5000
Skills Required(Approx 2 days)
Afterburner 3
CPU Management 2
Drone Avionics 3
Drones 1
Energy Grid Upgrades 1
Gunnery 4
High Speed Maneuvering 1
Hull Upgrades 3
Light Drone Operation 1
Long Range Targeting 1
Mechanics 2
Medium Hybrid Turret 1
Navigation 3
Power Grid Management 2
Repair Systems 1
Science 1
Small Hybrid Turret 3
Spaceship Command 1
Trajectory Analysis 1
Weapon Upgrades 1

To make sure you are ready to go, you can copy one of the above skill lists to a new Skill Plan in-game. You might already have some of them trained, so it could be very quick and easy.
How To Import a Skill List

I'll also try to have a salvager or two on hand for anyone who wants to help us scoop up wrecks. If you want to try it, you should consider training for the Noctis and the basic salvaging skills.
Skills for Salvaging (Approx 3 days)
ORE Hauler I
Spaceship Command III
Science I
Salvaging I
Mechanics III
Survey III
CPU Management I
Salvaging III
Salvage Drone Operation I
Drones IV
Capacitor Management III
Capacitor Systems Operation III

This is also a great opportunity for anyone who wants to bring a logistics-ship. It might be a bit boring if we aren't taking too much damage, but still a good chance to practice the basics.

Don't worry about your implants -- level 4 mission rats will not pod you!

Rewards:
We will be sharing all rewards: loot, salvage, ISK bounties, and Loyalty Points (these can be spent later with loyalty point merchants for special items). Whoever flies the salvager will take a 30% cut of loot/salvage sales since they won't receive ISK bounties from combat.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage