[EVENT Series] Risky Wormhole Mining/Huffing - Brapelille [new players welcome!] - NEXT EVENT: TBD

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in advertising an event speak to our communications team.
GentleReject

[EVENT Series] Risky Wormhole Mining/Huffing - Brapelille [new players welcome!] - NEXT EVENT: TBD

Post by GentleReject »

Risky WH/Pochven? Mining Near Brapelille

Fleet form-up times (updated as planned):
02:00 EVE Time on Friday 2022.09.23 (Completed - Wormhole)
02:00 EVE Time on Saturday 2022.09.24 (Completed - Wormhole)
02:00 EVE Time on Thursday 2022.11.03 (Completed - Wormhole)
02:00 EVE Time on Friday 2022.11.04 (Completed - POCHVEN Wormhole :P)

NEXT EVENT: TBD

Form Up Location: Brapelille
Comms: Mumble, might be in HQ Standing or Exploration Lounge depending
Ship Doctrine: Min. Fit = Ore Venture T1 or T2, Gas skill recommended, bring your own ship (Covetor, etc.)
Fleet: Risky Bizness Mining/Huffing in J-Space (or something :P)
FCs: Daemonh0st/GR Codeon

Hi all! Please join us for a series of new player friendly, J-space (wormhole) ore mining expeditions. Sometimes we even go into Pochven! We will be... venturing... into J-space (wormhole space) to make a LOT of risky isk (hopefully :P)! Will include a booster and compression by way of Porpoise for maximum gains. We suggest bringing a Covetor as well as mining/gas fits you can swap, but any and all mining/huffing ships are welcome (even Ventures).

BYOS - Bring Your Own Ship, just know that the risk of losing your ship is as significant as the ISK we could make (only fly what you can lose!). Make sure you insure it. For new players who want to join but are down on ISK, there are usually Ventures on contract in Stacmon that you can grab. If you have any questions, please send an Eve Mail or chat invite to GR Codeon in-game and I will be happy to help.

This fleet will be a SHARED CAN, meaning it doesn't matter how much you mine, but how much time you spent mining with the fleet. Payouts will be handled in the coming days after the fleet is over. Our fleet's goals are to get exposure to J-space (Pochven?), take part in some risky business mining/huffing, and make a ton of ISK in the process!

If you can, I would highly suggest skill training Gas Harvesting I and II (not any further since it doesn't increase yield, etc. until you get to V) and bringing a couple Gas Cloud Scoops (ventures)/Gas Cloud Harvesters (barges) since we never know what the most valuable resources in the wormholes will be until the day of the event. For new players who want to train the gas skill, but cannot afford the Gas Harvesting skillbook, please send an Eve Mail or chat invite to GR Codeon in-game and I will be happy to help you fund it. :) You only need Gas Harvesting I (takes only a few minutes to train if you have Mining IV) to participate no matter what we find!

Skill requirements
Minimum: Uni Ore Venture Fit (Mining I/Mining Upgrades I)
Optional, but highly recommended: Gas Harvesting I / Mining IV

Note: To see fitting skill requirement summary of EUNI fits in the in-game... Fitting Window > Browser (Wrench icon) > Hulls & Fits search Venture" > Venture drop down > Right click on fit and "Simulate Fit" ... (ensure you have "Corporation fittings" filter checked). Feel free to in-game mail or chat GR Codeon if you're unsure of how to get there.

Hope to see you all there!
GR
a8c0b405ae274eac225006660d49b43327aff9a0.jpg
Last edited by GentleReject on 2022.11.04 05:12, edited 22 times in total.
GentleReject

Re: [EVENT Series] Risky Wormhole Mining Near Brapelille [new players welcome!] - Next is 2022.09.24 02:00 EVE

Post by GentleReject »

AAR (After Assaulting Rocks... Report) 2022.09.23 02:00 EVE

# unique participants: 8
ISK earned: ~1.6 billion
Duration: ~4-5 hours

A huge thank you to Daemonh0st for the explo and finding some great WHs before FC-ing the fleet, thank you Gvhige Wahya for boost and compression (and all around help), and thanks to everyone who came through.

Quick Summary: We false started a bit as the WHs that housed most of the ore were upset with the number of ships entering it. We felt it safer to return and reship to go gas huffing in the more stable holes. Hit Instrumental and Vital sigs for lots of Fullerite-C540 and Fullerite-C320 ninja huffing. Ultimately returned and reshipped back to ore mining and mined a good amount of Gneiss.

Almost lost a Covetor to a high level battleship rat (was a hell of a sniper XD) during the ninja huffing, but ultimately was fine.

Will work on getting more modules down around Brap (and available for these types of events), to prevent so many Dodixie trips during formup/reshipping.

Verdict: Success :)
GentleReject

Re: [EVENT Series] Risky Wormhole Mining Near Brapelille [new players welcome!] - Next is date TBD

Post by GentleReject »

NEXT EVENT: 02:00 EVE Time on Thursday 2022.11.03
GentleReject

Re: [EVENT Series] Risky Wormhole Mining Near Brapelille [new players welcome!] - NEXT EVENT: 2:00 ET Friday 2022.11.04

Post by GentleReject »

NEXT EVENT: 02:00 EVE Time on Friday 2022.11.04
GentleReject

Re: [EVENT Series] Risky Wormhole Mining/Huffing - Brapelille [new players welcome!] - NEXT EVENT: TBD

Post by GentleReject »

AAR (After Assaulting Rocks... Report) 2022.11.04 02:00 EVE

# unique participants: 4 (9 toons)
ISK earned: ~1.1 billion
Duration: ~1.5 hours!!! :)

Another huge thank you to Daemonh0st for the explo in finding the Pochven wormhole we explored as well as boosting, and thanks to everyone who joined in!

Quick Summary: We false started a bit as our entry wormhole into Pochven had gone EOL (End of Life) an hour or two before form-up. After looking for another wormhole, we opted to risk it. We entered Archee and got to mining Hadal Bezdnacine (currently the most expensive ore in the game) and Hadal Rakovene (top 3). After about an hour of mining and watching D-Scan, we saw a fleet warp into range just as we hit the 1 billion ISK mark, so we decided to call it there. The wormhole closed as we were warping to a safe, but we had a plan B. One Pochven gate jump away, Daemonh0st had bookmarked an exit hole into Scuelazyns, one jump away from Averon and 10 from Brapelille.

9 toons at over a billion ISK mined puts us at just over 100m ISK each in about 1.5ish hours (even though we were a little slow to decide on a plan). :)

Also, I moved some Gas Scoop I modules as well as some other odds and ends down to Brapelille in case future participants need some fitting help.

Verdict: Success :)

Looking forward to the next one!
GR