[EVENT] Moon Mining in Null | 11 Sep 2022 at 18:00

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in advertising an event speak to our communications team.
Ed Thelleres

[EVENT] Moon Mining in Null | 11 Sep 2022 at 18:00

Post by Ed Thelleres »

Moon Mining in Null

Fleet form-up: 18:00 Sunday, 11 September 2022
Location: PC9-AY - Intaki Commerce Trading Post. With a travel fleet at 17:45 from Stacmon - The Quad to PC9.
Comms: PC9 Standing Fleet in Mumble
Ship Doctrine: Shuttles to travel, Ore mining ventures for mining (will be provided)
Fleet: PC9 Standing Fleet
FC: Ed Thelleres

In the spirit of Intro to Null class held later this day, I decided to organize a newbro-friendly gas huffing and moon mining fleets. The second to take place is this moon mining fleet. We will form up in PC9 with travel fleet from Stacmon, mining ships will be provided in the nullsec pocket. Bring shuttles and clean clones. We will try to provide Ventures for mining, barges are welcome if you already have one in the pocket, I will try to arrange some loaners as well. Depending on our numbers and hostile activity in the pocket, barges might not be available for loaning, keep that in mind.

This fleet will be a SHARED CAN, meaning it doesn't matter how much you mine, but how much time you spent mining with the fleet. Payouts will be handled in the coming days after the fleet is over.

Skill requirements:
You should have all the required skills to fly a mining venture from day 0.

N.B.
This is not a scheduled fleet, more of an impromtu one and this post is to serve as possible template and to provide a place for people to share their ideas, track payout issues etc.
ImageImage
Ed Thelleres

Re: [EVENT] Moon Mining in Null | 11 Sep 2022 at 18:00

Post by Ed Thelleres »

After finishing the Gas Huffing event, some left but most stayed and more joined in just for the moon mining. Those who did not have a ship, grabbed a venture from flight deck and we headed for T22. We've got ventures, barges, boosts, rats ... and a Nightmare? Thanks Tosh for keeping us safe from the rats :)

Unlike the gas huffing fleet, this time we were interupted some 30 minutes into the fleet with 2 Brutixes and a Catalyst in PC9 sitting 9k km from T22 gate. Catalyst shot our defensive bubbles and we decided to dock up. Hostiles were not making any moves and 4 brave miners proceeded with mining in their Ventures for another 20 minutes. Most of our fleet joined the quickly formed up QRF.

Estimated payout is 5 mil ISK per pilot (7mil for those who stayed longer), as soon as the lootsheet gets processed, I will post here, send you an EVEmail and the ISK. If you don't get your payout after it's posted here, send me an EVEmail or message me on Discord.

Thank you all for coming o7

Not really an AAR:

The QRF was not the best organized one, but boy, did you see the numbers? We had so many pilots ready to defend PC9 from the intruders! Initial hostiles were joined by a Stiletto, Jaguar and Vedmak. Just Shot managed to get a point on stranded Brutixes off grid from the station, bunch of us landed on top of them and killed them! Unfortunatelly we lost Just Shot's Enyo.

Enemy called in reinforcements and we had both gatecamping crews from Reblier/6-CZ on grid in PC9. We were up against Jaguar, Stiletto, Catalyst, Vedmak, Ishkur, Ishtar, Bifrost, Typhoon, Vargur. A warpin on Vedmak was called but it backfired and people landed spread out, getting popped by the Vargur and Typhoon, one by one. We also lost some ships throught the whole fight to station games.

https://zkillboard.com/related/30003286/202209111900/

Overall evaluation:
we formed up
we formed up in great numbers
people had ships
we killed stuff
we were lacking someone calling the shots
people lost ships trying to fight 1 on 1
ImageImage
Ed Thelleres

Post by Ed Thelleres »

Payouts for this event has just been made. If you did not receive your share or you think there's an error with your payout, please let me know!
ImageImage
George Platten

Post by George Platten »

I am very happy with the payout. I am wondering whether or not a lone miner in a Venture would work as bait with the people who got in our way. If so, I would be happy to be the bait.

Thanks for organizing this event along with the gas huffing.

George Platten
Talow Nerf

Post by Talow Nerf »

Good stuff thanks Ed