[EVENT] Caldari Event Lowsec Combat Site Smack-Down FTW! (Wednesday, 31/8 19:00)

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in advertising an event speak to our communications team.
Arkady Marten
Production Manager
Production Manager

[EVENT] Caldari Event Lowsec Combat Site Smack-Down FTW! (Wednesday, 31/8 19:00)

Post by Arkady Marten »

10+ will enter, how many will exit? I have no idea whether this is going to work, but has that ever stopped me?

What: Caldari event lowsec combat site fleet in dirt-cheap ships (new player accessible!)
When: Wednesday, 31. August - 19:00 Eve time
Where: Form-up at Samanuni III - Wiyrkomi Corporation Factory - jump into a clean clone and get there in a shuttle or travel-ceptor - you can choose to stay entirely in highsec if you're flying in from Stacmon or Jita
Why: These lowsec combat sites are fairly tough, with a lot of NPCs in each of the 4 rooms. But the rats are easy to take down. Thus, a small fleet of ships should be able to get through each room fairly quickly. And keeping the ships cheap means that we could even lose a few and still come out more than comfortably isk-positive, because the loot from the sites is on par with the difficulty of the site and the danger of lowsec.
Comms: Delta comms on Mumble

Ships: The two Kestrel fits below will be available for free at the form-up station.
Loot distribution: Part of the loot will go toward paying for the ships. The rest will be equal shares for all fleet participants, even if you lose your ship in the very first room in each site!

Ship Notes:
  • If you have a range of 12km or more with the rocket Kestrel T1.5 fit below and the fit works PG/CPU-wise, then use that. Otherwise get the light missile T1 Kestrel, which should be flyable on just the frigate-short-skill-plan plus Hull Upgrades IV.
  • The T1.5 has higher damage and tank, but you need to be able to comfortably hit out to 12+km to be effective against the kiting rats.
  • And as is by now already a tradition on my fleets: No, you didn't not see it - there is no T2 version. :lol:
Fits:
Kestrel T1
[Kestrel, Caldari Smack-Down T1]

Damage Control II
Photonic Upgraded Co-Processor

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Enduring Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Small Shield Extender I
Enduring Multispectrum Shield Hardener

TE-2100 Ample Light Missile Launcher

Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Small EM Shield Reinforcer I

Scourge Light Missile x2500
Kestrel T1.5
[Kestrel, Caldari Smack-Down T1.5]

Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System I

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Compact Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Medium Shield Extender I
Compact Multispectrum Shield Hardener

OE-5200 Rocket Launcher
OE-5200 Rocket Launcher
OE-5200 Rocket Launcher
OE-5200 Rocket Launcher

Small Rocket Fuel Cache Partition I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Small EM Shield Reinforcer I

Scourge Rocket x2500

Additional Notes:
  • We will need at least 10 pilots in my estimation to attempt this. So come one, come all! I can't guarantee success or isk, but I can guarantee fun!
  • Make sure you are in a clean clone before traveling to the form-up station!
  • If you are willing to multi-box, we could use a few cloaky alts sitting on gates in the surrounding systems.
  • We may or may not have some Kestrels along with a bit of a surprise waiting. :D
Questions:
Welcome to post them here at any time, or get in touch with me on Discord.
Image Image
Pierre Ephemerale

Re: [EVENT] Caldari Event Lowsec Combat Site Smack-Down FTW! (Wednesday, 31/8 19:00)

Post by Pierre Ephemerale »

Are we allowed to bring our own ships if we don't expect them to be covered when/if lost?
Arkady Marten
Production Manager
Production Manager

Re: [EVENT] Caldari Event Lowsec Combat Site Smack-Down FTW! (Wednesday, 31/8 19:00)

Post by Arkady Marten »

Pierre Ephemerale wrote: 2022.08.29 17:43 Are we allowed to bring our own ships if we don't expect them to be covered when/if lost?
Is there a particular ship/fit you're thinking of? The general idea is to keep the isk value of our fleet low, so if it's on par with the 2-3M isk that the Kestrels are, sure! But a few snowflakes are certainly permissible - just be advised that unless it's also intended to be a disposable ship, you need high resists and an ancil repper or even a dual-rep fit to survive should you happen to get full initial room aggro.
Image Image
Ewige Blumenkraft

Post by Ewige Blumenkraft »

Arkady Marten wrote: 2022.08.29 12:22 10+ will enter, how many will exit? I have no idea whether this is going to work, but has that ever stopped me?
Arkady, this was great fun. Wonderful idea, well executed, and nailed the fun per hour formula that is key to EVE. Lots of laughs were had as well as some targets of opportunity and then more laughs.

So good. And don't ever stop. Of course, as either Aristotle or The Beastie Boys once said (never have been able to keep them disentangled in my poor head), "'Cause you can't, you won't, and you don't stop."

Comment above explains some of the grades in my philosophy classes...
Ewige Blumenkraft
EVE University alumnus, bon vivant, and Uni Fight Club afficianado
don't bring a needle to a haystack fight