Shared Can Ice Mining July 31 18:00

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in advertising an event speak to our communications team.
Sparklez Ripper

Shared Can Ice Mining July 31 18:00

Post by Sparklez Ripper »

A SHARED CAN ICE MINING FLEET

Fleet form-up: 18:00 Sunday, 31 July 2022
Location in Tolle IV - Caldari Business Tribunal. With a travel fleet at 17:30 from Stacmon - The Quad to Tolle.
Comms: Mining Lounge in Mumble
Ship Doctrine: Any mining ship that can ice mine
Fleet: Ice Mining Shared Can
FC: Sparklez Ripper

Roles Needed:
1 Orca Booster with Ice Compression
1 Tractor Beam Noctis
Please let me know if you would like to fill one of the two roles.

We will be mining Ice in the Evershore Region. If there are no Ice belts up during the scheduled start time we will wait until respawns. This will be a shared can.

What is a shared can? A shared can mining event is a mining fleet that works together to mine, boost, and haul. Working together is more productive than working individually, so the overall outcome is more profitable. All ice that is mined is consolidated and sold to the Mining buyback service. Once sold (usually within 48 hours), payments are distributed to the members of the mining fleet based on their participation time. Since you are paid for your time (and not based on the ship you use), this can be a very profitable event for pilots who may not yet have the skills or ships to mine efficiently.

The mechanics of how to participate in the fleet will be explained by the fleet commander before the event in the Mining Lounge Mumble channel (it's pretty easy, actually). If you show up late, be sure to type "LASERS ON xx: yy" in fleet chat indicating the time you started mining so you can get paid accurately.