[EVENT] Lowsec Exploration Social - 2022-07-18 18:00

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in advertising an event speak to our communications team.
Arkady Marten
Production Manager
Production Manager

[EVENT] Lowsec Exploration Social - 2022-07-18 18:00

Post by Arkady Marten »

Like a swarm of locusts...

What: Lowsec Exploration Social
When: Monday, 2022-07-18, 18:00 Eve time (2-3 hrs, open-ended)
Where: Form-up at Stacmon - The Quad

What exactly: We'll have a quick introduction to lowsec and talk about the opportunities for exploration and PvE in that space, then spread out into the systems around Stacmon to scan down signatures and run sites. If you've never been to lowsec, this is an opportunity to learn what sorts of ships to take there and how to stay safe. I'll also do a run-down of the recommended way to bookmark sites, including wormhole connections.
But whatever for: Doing this as a group is really efficient, since we can cover a lot more systems in a short time than each of us could do on our own. By collecting all bookmarks in the shared folder, we are then free to go after the particular sites we're most interested in. We also have an opportunity to provide intel on other pilots in the area and help keep each other safe. And, last but certainly not least, great companionship and a fun, relaxed time on comms!
Ships: Any T1 exploration frigate such as then ones from the Flight Deck contracts for the scanning portion. You are welcome to bring an Astero or a cov-ops frigate also, at your own risk of course. Further ships will depend on the sites you want to run. I'll have some loaners (gas huffers) available, and various fits from the Flight Deck contracts are also viable.
Comms: Lowsec Explo Social on-demand channel in Mumble - please have Mumble set up and ready to go, even if just to listen. (O.k. if you don't have a microphone or don't want to speak on comms, but being able to hear me and others is essential.)

Activities in lowsec:
  • belt ratting, incl. Clone Soldiers and Mordu's Legion spawns
  • combat sites, incl. Chemical Labs and Besieged Covert Research Facilities
  • belt and anomaly mining
  • ice mining
  • gas huffing
  • data/relic sites, incl. Sleeper Caches
  • WH daytripping
  • hunting (PvP), QRF, miners defence fleet
Questions: Post them here. Or contact me on Discord or in-game!
Last edited by Arkady Marten on 2022.07.18 13:48, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Alex Takahashi

Re: [EVENT] Lowsec Exploration Social - 2022-07-18 17:30

Post by Alex Takahashi »

Can I bring a Punisher? Do I need a cloak?
Arkady Marten
Production Manager
Production Manager

Re: [EVENT] Lowsec Exploration Social - 2022-07-18 17:30

Post by Arkady Marten »

Alex Takahashi wrote: 2022.07.18 04:02 Can I bring a Punisher? Do I need a cloak?
A Punisher will do fine for some of the combat sites and the lower-level belt rats, depending on your fit. No need for a cloak on the Punisher, but definitely a good idea for the scanning ship. (If you don't have an exploration ship at the ready, there are Herons on 0 isk contracts at Stacmon.)
Image Image
Zaeri Shaile

Re: [EVENT] Lowsec Exploration Social - 2022-07-18 18:00

Post by Zaeri Shaile »

Thanks so much for this, Arkady! The event was awesome and informative.
Arkady Marten
Production Manager
Production Manager

Re: [EVENT] Lowsec Exploration Social - 2022-07-18 18:00

Post by Arkady Marten »

Zaeri Shaile wrote: 2022.07.19 00:39 Thanks so much for this, Arkady! The event was awesome and informative.
You are most welcome! It was a great turn-out, and I hope everybody got something from it! 10/10 will do again! :D
Image Image