29 April 2022 @ 19.00, 21.00 - John Bellicose Day Travel Fleet

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in advertising an event speak to our communications team.
Laura Karpinski
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Title: Director of Alliance Services, Benevolent Overlady

29 April 2022 @ 19.00, 21.00 - John Bellicose Day Travel Fleet

Post by Laura Karpinski »

John Bellicose was a well-loved capsuleer and teacher with with Brave Newbies. John lost his life to suicide 7 years ago, and his death was one of the reasons the suicide prevention initiative Broadcast 4 Reps was founded. I'm one of the moderators with Broadcast4Reps and its an awesome community of people willing to talk to each other when they need it. Rixx Javix made this video earlier this year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8T4jJjp_ig

Every year Brave comes together to mark John Bellicose Day: "John Bellicose day is a time-honored tradition held by Brave Alliance. We will put our in-game politics aside to celebrate life. This vigil is about Celebrating the connections we make with fellow pilots and remembering the ones we’ve lost.". The above image was taken by EVE photographer (and EVE Uni alumnus) Razorien/CCP Aperture.

Brave are holding a 24 hour cyno vigil in their home system on 29 April 2022. This is one of those wonderful moments when the whole of EVE comes together, and its definitely something you should attend at least once if you can. I'll be running two travel fleets from Slays for people who would like to attend. The first will start at 19.00 and the second will start at 21.00. We'll stay there for a while to light cynos, shoot fireworks etc and then we'll come back.

Important: This is not a combat fleet. We will be going in to sov null where Brave's home system is, but for this 24 hours only they will not be shooting people unless fired upon first. This does not mean that noone else will shoot us, but let's adorable-tank our way there...

For this fleet please bring a shuttle. I'll arrange cyno ventures and firework frigates closer to the desto.

This fleet is fine to attend if you have not been on a fleet before, I will be gentle and it will be easy to follow along. I will look after you kittens. Come and celebrate life with us, and remember those we have lost.
Former CEO of EVE University
Laura Karpinski of House E-Uni, first of her name, the undocked, Khaleesi of the Campuses, mother of unistas!
Ewige Blumenkraft

Re: 29 April 2022 @ 19.00, 21.00 - John Bellicose Day Travel Fleet

Post by Ewige Blumenkraft »

I shall happily be there. Well, "happily" might be a bit much. I'll be proud to be there.

=====================

Eyes forward, capsuleer, the cyno is not yet lit.

Consider your modules, your rigs and ammo before you undock. For the cyno is not yet lit.

Break free of the station and witness the universe before you. For the cyno is not yet lit.

Set your ship to fly through the vastness while you wait. For the cyno is not yet lit.

Pay attention, capsuleer, for those who have gone before you call for you to join them. The cyno is now lit.
Ewige Blumenkraft
EVE University alumnus, bon vivant, and Uni Fight Club afficianado
don't bring a needle to a haystack fight
Ewige Blumenkraft

Re: 29 April 2022 @ 19.00, 21.00 - John Bellicose Day Travel Fleet

Post by Ewige Blumenkraft »

Thank you, Laura. I keep on finding things in EVE that are unlike anything I'd experienced in other games. The Brave folks were so hospitable and seeing all those different corps gathered together with all those capital ships out...it was wonderful. Lost a couple friends that way so I was there for them. As long I play EVE, I'll be there every year.
Ewige Blumenkraft
EVE University alumnus, bon vivant, and Uni Fight Club afficianado
don't bring a needle to a haystack fight