[Mining SC] Undocking for our Stupid Mental Health. 23rd April, 20.00hrs

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in advertising an event speak to our communications team.
unstable unit

[Mining SC] Undocking for our Stupid Mental Health. 23rd April, 20.00hrs

Post by unstable unit »

Yes you read it right! uu is running a Moon Mining Shared Can Operation! The universe has gone mad!

It's been a rough few years irl for us all and I just wanted an excuse to get everybody together to chill, shoot some rocks, shoot some shit,
and build some of the best ships in EVE - friend ships!
And earn some iskies, of course!

When: Saturday 23rd April - 8 til late (Starting at 20.00hrs EVE time, join us anytime, for as long as you're free)

Where: Slays The Omber Throne

Who: EVERYBODY! I've even dragged Jilokari Kurvora away from all his behind-the-scenes work sorting out Uni 2.0!

Comms: Uni mumble, somewhere or other. It will be OPEN comms (obviously, or it would be hard to chat) and R rated, so get your headphones on if Nan is in earshot! Even if you can't get in-game, hop on mumble and say hello!

What should I bring? New players should be able to get a free fitted Venture on contracts. Some good soul might take pity on us and bring some loaner barges, if you don't own one yet. Or you can bring Boosters (like Orcas) or whatever else you fancy. I did take out an Ares fitted for mining once: it works but you get about a teaspoonful of ore then hafta go empty your cargo hold, so I don't recommend those :D Basically, bring whatever you usually bring to the regular weekend mining ops.

Why: Cos we can! (accidental pun but I like it).

Special rules: Alcohol allowed, but if you're drinking and driving badly and have a crash, that's on you :lol:

Loot: We will be using a lootsheet, so everybody gets paid out fairly. No, I'm not doing the lootsheet... have you met me? I'm not smart enough to deal with that lol. Lugh Longarm has very kindly agreed to sort that for us. Your earnings are safe!

Disclaimer: I know absolutely nothing about running a fancy moon mining fleet, so we're just going to wing it. It'll be fun!

I've even refitted my Boosty Orca for this, so y'all better come and be impressed at me undocking for my stupid mental health!

PLEASE READ Chasbro Newbroski's post a few replies down for instructions on How to Shared Can. :D
Image Image Image Image
Zachariah McFall
Title: Freshman

Re: [Mining SC] Undocking for our Stupid Mental Health. 23rd April, 20.00hrs

Post by Zachariah McFall »

Dude, I think I might be able to make this! Regardless, would you like some skins to give away UU?!?
Ezra Salaz

Post by Ezra Salaz »

Let's goooo!
unstable unit

Post by unstable unit »

Zachariah McFall wrote: 2022.04.17 21:34 Dude, I think I might be able to make this! Regardless, would you like some skins to give away UU?!?
Ooh yes please!
Image Image Image Image
Chasbro Newbroski

Post by Chasbro Newbroski »

I plan to be there. May I suggest you include this bit, which I directly copied from a previous moon mining event?

When to LASER ON & LASER OFF:
Write "LASER ON" in fleet chat when you turn on your lasers for the first time to start mining.
If you go AFK during fleet and dock up, please put "LASER OFF" and "LASER ON" when or if you return to mining.
Write "LASER OFF" when you leave the fleet at the end of the Shared Can.
NOTE: We need you to follow the above to determine your share of the revenue accurately. IF you do not, then we will assume you are donating your percentage to the rest of the fleet members.

Also, it might be a good idea to mention how the "shared can" works, including renaming jetcans as "Fleet time", "Fleet Full time", and Fleet Pull time". The "Fleet" lets the yanker know it's one of our cans. Add the jettison time so it's known how long until the can despawns, which is 2 hours from when it's blown out the ore hold.

So when you first jettison your can, it'll look like: "Fleet 2037". Then you keep stuffing ore into it.
When your can is full, rename it, "Fleet Full 2037", so the yanker knows to grab that can. Not sure this will even happen with compression.
Lastly, when you're done for the night, rename the container, "Fleet Pull 2037".
Skill to do comes of doing; knowledge comes by eyes always open, and working hands; and there is no knowledge that is not power. - Emerson

Scientia potentia est - Hobbes
unstable unit

Post by unstable unit »

Chasbro Newbroski wrote: 2022.04.19 01:32 I plan to be there. May I suggest you include this bit, which I directly copied from a previous moon mining event?

When to LASER ON & LASER OFF:
Write "LASER ON" in fleet chat when you turn on your lasers for the first time to start mining.
If you go AFK during fleet and dock up, please put "LASER OFF" and "LASER ON" when or if you return to mining.
Write "LASER OFF" when you leave the fleet at the end of the Shared Can.
NOTE: We need you to follow the above to determine your share of the revenue accurately. IF you do not, then we will assume you are donating your percentage to the rest of the fleet members.

Also, it might be a good idea to mention how the "shared can" works, including renaming jetcans as "Fleet time", "Fleet Full time", and Fleet Pull time". The "Fleet" lets the yanker know it's one of our cans. Add the jettison time so it's known how long until the can despawns, which is 2 hours from when it's blown out the ore hold.

So when you first jettison your can, it'll look like: "Fleet 2037". Then you keep stuffing ore into it.
When your can is full, rename it, "Fleet Full 2037", so the yanker knows to grab that can. Not sure this will even happen with compression.
Lastly, when you're done for the night, rename the container, "Fleet Pull 2037".
OK... what they said, folks. All looks very reasonable :joy:
Image Image Image Image
unstable unit

Post by unstable unit »

Just had a look to see which structure we're going to - The Omber Throne in Slays. It's gonna crack the moon around 4pm (eve time) so just in time for us to go collect the goodies!
Image Image Image Image
Spanky Ikkala
Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Post by Spanky Ikkala »

We got some suggested fits for newbros that want to take their own ships?
Teaching Manager
Uni Hauler

Ex Senior Personnel Officer
Ex Mentor
Ex Special Projects Officer (Unibombers)
Ex Student Guidance
unstable unit

Post by unstable unit »

Spanky Ikkala wrote: 2022.04.23 12:58 We got some suggested fits for newbros that want to take their own ships?
I'm not that organised really. It's taken me all week to get my own fitted :lol:

My advice would be ask in Discord, in-game chat or mumble if you need a fit :)
Image Image Image Image
Winzo

Post by Winzo »

Chasbro Newbroski wrote: 2022.04.19 01:32 Lastly, when you're done for the night, rename the container, "Fleet Pull 2037".
I did "lasers on" & "lasers off", but I didn't rename the container - is it a problem? If so, I have the game's log with mining messages from 2022.04.23 20:27 till 23:46.
unstable unit

Post by unstable unit »

No, you don't need to name containers. It all goes into one big pot and gets sold off, and the total value gets shared out between the participants.
Usually there are a bunch of folks who are mining in fleet but ask not to be included in the payout, so the newer guys get their isk boosted!
Image Image Image Image
unstable unit

Post by unstable unit »

Thanks to everybody who came out for this (and there were a LOT of folks over the 7hrs I was there!). It was so much fun!

Thanks to Glenrowan and Psychotic who realised I'm incompetent and volunteered to do the actual 'working out the payout' bit lol.

Thanks to our mystery benefactor for the 10 mining barges and a lotta dolla given out!

Thanks to JPNS for skins!

Thanks to GNI, Thomas and Jerrard for bringing the PVP to liven up our mining fleet!

Just, honestly, thanks everyone!

I hope you all got a nice dopamine boost. OMG that's what my Orca is gonna be renamed lol.
Image Image Image Image
Chasbro Newbroski

Post by Chasbro Newbroski »

uu,

Has the payout for this mining op been paid out yet?
Skill to do comes of doing; knowledge comes by eyes always open, and working hands; and there is no knowledge that is not power. - Emerson

Scientia potentia est - Hobbes
unstable unit

Post by unstable unit »

Chasbro Newbroski wrote: 2022.04.28 16:19 uu,

Has the payout for this mining op been paid out yet?
I'll ask Psychotic, but if you haven't been paid, I'd guess no. I know she said she hoped to get it done by the end of the week :)
Image Image Image Image