Eve Uni Fight Club (UFC) Consolidated Information Post

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in advertising an event speak to our communications team.
Red Fish

Eve Uni Fight Club (UFC) Consolidated Information Post

Post by Red Fish »

Fight Club has some exciting new changes!

I'm excited to announce that the Uni Fight Club you all know and love will now have a number of fits available for free to fight with! Though bringing your own fits to try out and learn is still highly encouraged! Huge thanks Dairek Alamari, Chakravanti, Vex Clover, Adam Cion, and many others in management/production/quartermaster positions for helping make this possible!

Overview of Fight Club (UFC)

Uni Fight Club (UFC) is an event that any campus can hold where individuals engage in 1v1 frigate fights in a controlled environment. The fitting requirements for it (explained below in the rules section) keep it accessible to as many players while keeping costs down for those who choose to bring their own ship. The controlled and open environment allows participants to learn as much as possible about ship fitting, pvp, and countless other topics. We discuss every single fight after each round and the experienced folks are able to offer advice to the newer ones on what they did well, what could be improved, and anything else that may be asked to help them improve for their next fights. No experience is necessary for Fight Club and thanks to the new provided ships, there should be nothing stopping you from giving it a try!

Rules:
  • T1 frigate hulls, meta modules, and T1 ammo, charges, and drones. The one exception to this rule is that Damage Control IIs are allowed.
  • No Podding
  • Clean Clone (while podding is not allowed, accidents do sometimes happen)
  • No drugs/combat implants
  • Respect each other's surrenders
How Fight Club Goes
Here's a general overview of how a Fight Club event goes and how to join one! No need to worry about the details as every Fight Club with new participants will begin with a newbro speech.
  1. Show up to the campus location where the event is being run with either your own fit(s) or grab one from the Flight Deck.
  2. Join the Fight Club fleet and the comms specified by the Fight Club Event Leader.
  3. Meet at the Fight Club - Bleachers bookmark located in the campus-specific shared bookmark folder
  4. Get paired up with an opponent by Fight Club Event Leader
  5. Warp to your specified fight bookmarks and fight!
  6. Discuss fights to improve for the next ones
  7. Repeat until the event ends :)
Don't be afraid to ask any questions you might have! Fight Club is meant to be a learning experience for everyone involved!

Flight Deck Fits
Now for the fancy new fits that will be available for free and a short description of how to fly them! The descriptions are just there to get you started/help you pick one you like, so make sure to ask about any other tips for them at the event! Huge thanks to Adam Cion for helping me test them out/giving me feedback on them! If you have any questions about these fits or want help with your own fit feel free to send me a poke on discord/evemail!

UFC Kestrel Armor
Spoiler
[Kestrel, UFC Kestrel Armor]

Damage Control II
400mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler

'Arbalest' Rocket Launcher I

Small Bay Loading Accelerator I
Small Trimark Armor Pump I
Small Trimark Armor Pump I

Inferno Rocket x600
Mjolnir Rocket x600
Nova Rocket x600
Scourge Rocket x600
Small Ancillary Current Router I x1
This is one of the fits I recommend to brand new PvPers/players as it is the simplest to fly and can win even with a large skill differential between you and your opponent. If you are unable to fit it due to being over on powergrid just replace one of the Small Trimark Armor Pump Is with the Small Ancillary Current Router I in cargo. This fit fills the role of "Scram Kiter" which just means it wants to keep opponents at the very edge of scram range where their turrets will not be able to reach you, but your rockets will be able to hit them. You can use "keep at range 7000m" or "orbit 6500m" on most opponents to avoid their short range guns. You will want to pick the damage type that your opponent is weakest to. This is generally explosive (Nova Rockets) for armor tanked opponents, em (Mjolnir Rockets) for shield tanked opponents, and thermal (Inferno Rockets) for dual tanked opponents/ones you aren't sure about.

UFC Condor LML Kiter
Spoiler
[Condor, UFC Condor LML Kiter]
Ballistic Control System I
Type-D Restrained Nanofiber Structure

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Faint Scoped Warp Disruptor
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster
Small F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender

TE-2100 Ample Light Missile Launcher
[Empty High slot]

Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Small EM Shield Reinforcer I

Cap Booster 50 x28
Scourge Light Missile x1200
Nova Light Missile x300
This fit fills the role of "Kiter" which means you want to act like a kite and fly as far away from your opponent as possible while still maintaining tackle. The most important part of a fight for this fit is obtaining this initial distance. Upon landing you will want to use your MWD to burn away from your opponent as quickly as possible before they can scram you. Once you've obtained that initial distance you can leave your MWD on and orbit them at 15-17km and wear them down with your missiles. You want to orbit inside your max warp disruptor range so that you don't pull out of range with your speed/give your opponent a chance to escape. You can use your shield repper to top up your shields if you take a few hits, but hopefully you should be able to avoid all damage. Because the condor is kinetic locked (it's damage bonus is just for kinetic damage dealing ammo) you will use scourge missiles 99% of the time - the nova ones are just there in case your opponent has a reactive armor hardener. This can be improved upon with manual piloting and being reactive to what your opponent does, but simply orbiting at a distance is good enough to get familiar with the ship!

UFC Incursus Brawl
Spoiler
[Incursus, UFC Incursus Brawl]

Magnetic Field Stabilizer I
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer
Damage Control II
Type-D Restrained Overdrive Injector

Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier

Modal Light Neutron Particle Accelerator I

Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I
Small Transverse Bulkhead I

Hobgoblin I x1

Antimatter Charge S x800
Iron Charge S x800
Thorium Charge S x800
Nanite Repair Paste x24
This fit fills the role of "Brawler" which is just what it sounds like! You use your superior tank and damage to get as close as possible to your opponent and brawl them. You'll want to start with antimatter loaded as that does the most damage (with the worst range) and just "keep at range 500m" your opponent while making sure to rep as necessary and putting your single drone out for a bit more damage. If you opponent is able to pull range from you then you should swap to either thorium (mid-range ammo) or iron (long range ammo) to still be able to hit them for lower damage.

UFC Rifter 200mm ACs
Spoiler
[Rifter, UFC Rifter 200mm ACs]

Damage Control II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Counterbalanced Compact Gyrostabilizer
200mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates

200mm Light 'Scout' Autocannon I

Small Projectile Burst Aerator I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Projectile Ambit Extension I

Nanite Repair Paste x24
EMP S x720
Fusion S x720
Phased Plasma S x720
This fit fills the role of "Reactive Brawler" which means that you want to brawl (like the incursus) as often as possible, but when needed you can scram kite (like the kestrel) using your falloff bonus against other brawlers. If you are in a fight where you want to brawl using your superior tank and damage you can "keep at range 500m or 1000m" and just manage your heat and reps until your opponent dies. If you are in a fight against another brawler (such as the incursus) you can "keep at range 6000m" to avoid their blaster damage while still applying most of your autocannon damage.

UFC Tormenter Pulse
Spoiler
[Tormentor, UFC Tormenter Pulse]

Extruded Compact Heat Sink
Damage Control II
200mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates

Small Focused Modulated Pulse Energy Beam I

Small Energy Burst Aerator I

Hornet I x2
Warrior I x2

Infrared S x3
Microwave S x3
Multifrequency S x3
Radio S x3
Standard S x3
Ultraviolet S x3
Xray S x3
Nanite Repair Paste x24
This fit also fills the role of a "reactive brawler" (similar to the rifter) where you want to brawl with multifrequency crystals as often as possible, but if needed you can swap to a longer range, lower damage crystal to mitigate damage from brawlers that can outbrawl you. If brawling with multifrequency you will want to "keep at range 3000m". If needing to scram kite against another brawler you will want "keep at range 6500m" and choose a crystal that has an optimal range of around 7000m. You also might need to swap crystals to be able to hit opponents that are scram kiting you (such as the kestrel) that you can't get close enough to brawl. Try out all the different crystals before a fight so you know what ranges they work for at your skills! Make sure not to forget about your drones! Use warriors vs armor tanked ships and hornets vs shield ships/ships you aren't sure about.

Breacher, UFC Breacher DualRep
Spoiler
[Breacher, UFC Breacher DualRep]

Ballistic Control System I
Damage Control II

1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster

Small Bay Loading Accelerator I
Small EM Shield Reinforcer I
Small Thermal Shield Reinforcer I

Hobgoblin I x2

Cap Booster 50 x21
Nanite Repair Paste x24
Inferno Rocket x500
Mjolnir Rocket x500
Nova Rocket x500
Scourge Rocket x500
This fit fills the role of "Scram Kiter" (like the kestrel). You want to "keep at range 6500m" or "orbit 6000m" on your opponents to avoid their short range guns. This fit is dual tanked - meaning you have to manage both armor and shield reps at the same time, so it can be a lot to manage for a new PvPer. When flying a dual tanked ship such as this one you will want to let damage get into your armor and try and use all your nanite charges in your armor repper before your cap charges in the shield repper - only using the shield repper to give yourself some more buffer to let your armor repper cycle all of its charges (or when you have no more nanite charges and it's the only tank you have left). You will want to choose your rocket type based on the damage type your opponent is weak to. Typically explosive for armor tanked ships (Nova Rockets), EM for shield tanked ships (Mjolnir Rockets), and Thermal for dual tanked ships or ones you aren't sure about (Inferno Rockets). Make sure not to forget your drones!

UFC Tristan Neuts
Spoiler
[Tristan, UFC Tristan Neuts]

AE-K Compact Drone Damage Amplifier
Damage Control II

Small F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster

Small Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer

Small Semiconductor Memory Cell I

Hobgoblin I x5
Hobgoblin I x3

Cap Booster 200 x14
Nanite Repair Paste x24
This fit doesn't fit any of "cookie cutter roles", but it flies similarly to a brawler. You have neuts instead of guns that you will use to neut out your opponent's capacitor completely so their ewar, tank, and potentially guns (if they require cap) stop working. To fly the neut tristan you want to get in as close as possible to your opponent and use all of your neuts to try and neut out as much of their cap as quickly as possible while your drones do the damage. Once your cap starts to get low even with the cap charges (20 seconds or so) you will want to turn off 1-2 neuts so you don't cap yourself out and have enough cap to rep yourself as needed. This fit is also a bit more complicated to fly as it requires lots of module/drone management. Overheating your cap booster is helpful to give yourself a few extra seconds of cap with all your neuts on before you have to turn 1-2 of them off.
Last edited by Red Fish on 2022.05.12 21:42, edited 1 time in total.
Fly Dangerous,
Red Fish
Bolas Underwhelmer

Re: Eve Uni Fight Club (UFC) Consolidated Information Post

Post by Bolas Underwhelmer »

Great write up - looking forward to flight club restarting!
dkre one

Post by dkre one »

Oh this looks like wicked fun.
K'Anpo Rimpoche

Post by K'Anpo Rimpoche »

I've not attended a recent fight club but commend it to anyone / everyone, especially the newer folk amongst us.
Fight club is an excellent way to learn about 1v1 PvP, from the most basic to complex advanced plays (I never did get slingshotting worked out properly).

Fight club can be entirely free and even if you build your own ships they're pretty damn inexpensive. Fight club is awesome, as a general eve-dynamics education or as a helper on the way to your own PvP existence in eve. Whichever way you steer your eve career Fight Club will be a help. I am bad at 'traditional' gudfites style of PvP but Fight Club helped me find a combat corner that I really enjoy - and I think I am now on my fifth or sixth 'page' of zkill, all solo kills, since my last hull loss.

GO FIGHT CLUB GO!
Kattinen Ohaya

Post by Kattinen Ohaya »

I know we're not supposed to talk about Fight Club, but I just participated in my first one tonight and it was great. I got completely destroyed, but I learned a lot. The feedback after each round is invaluable. Can't wait for the next one!
Alphabeta Gamau

Post by Alphabeta Gamau »

I attended my first ever UFC yesterday and loved it! I was completely outplayed and had to surrender TWICE but had great fun and learned a ton about what to do/what not to do from the more experienced players. I'll be back :D
Rogue Toon

Post by Rogue Toon »

Hey ya'all, I wanted to remind you of the challenge i put forth last week!

Bring a faction ship (no t2) it can be fitted with up to T2 modules/rigs/ammo. synth drugs are ok. no implants.

if you have any questions, let me know, probably on discord or mumble though.