[EVENT] HSC Moon Mining Shared Can!!!

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in planning or advertising your event, contact our Events Department.
Psanaurius Baenre

[EVENT] HSC Moon Mining Shared Can!!!

Post by Psanaurius Baenre »

Date: Saturday April 10th, 22:00 EVE time (Saturday April 10th 3:00 pm MST / 5:00 PM EST)
Format: Open
Duration: 2 hours, possibly longer
Comms: HSC Mining in mumble.
Ships: Any mining ship. If you don't have a mining ship, there are a couple in the hanger we can get to you, we also need a hauler, and two more boosters besides myself.
Fleet: Look for 'HSC Moon Goo SC'
FC: Psanaurius Baenre
Boosts: Psanaurius Baenre,
Haulers:
Note: If you show up late during the event, send me a pm after you join fleet and post "Lasers on 00:00" (with current time) when you get to the belt please. If I don't know that you joined the fleet or the time you started mining I can't pay you! Thank you.
Have you ever mined Moon Ore, a.k.a. Moon Goo? Ever see a moon pop? Well you're in luck! We've brought Moon Mining back to HSC!!! :D We have two weeks to prepare, so anyone who wants to join and bring their favorite mining ship over to Amygnon Hotel Sierra Charlie prior to the fleet, Form up will be at 21:40, undock at 22:00 EVE time. If you don't have a ship, we have some in the hangers we can hand out. We could use someone to haul, and between my Orca, we can use two or three more to ensure full coverage of boosts while mining. See you there!! 8)
Image Image
Zolpidemz

Re: [EVENT] HSC Moon Mining Shared Can!!!

Post by Zolpidemz »

Hi! I'm sorry if these questions may be obvious to most. I'm a new player, that joined EVE-University about a week ago and I'd like to join you on this event. That would be my first event with the corp and my first experience with moon mining, so I was hoping you could clarify a couple things:

1) Is this activity available to an alpha clone, and if so, is there any specific skills required beyond the usual mining skills used for asteroids?

2) In regards to mining ship, does that requires any specific modules or does a venture used for asteroid works?

3) If I have a alt account in the alt alliance, can I bring it as well and mine with both accounts, or is this limited to the EVE-Uni member only?

Thanks!
Z
"Only via continuing to probe every nook and cranny of the universe that is accessible to us will we truly build a useful appreciation of our own place in the cosmos." – Lawrence Maxwell Krauss
Byron Thani

Post by Byron Thani »

Hi! Welcome to Eve-Uni. I'm not an expert on Alpha clones so someone can correct me if I am wrong...

1) As long as you have the skills to mine asteroid ore, you should be able to mine moon ore.
2) A Venture fitted for ore should be okay.
3) Yes, alts are welcome. There will be a special in-game fleet setup for the event that is advertised to Eve-Uni members, so you may need to ask someone already in the fleet to send your alt an invite.

I hope this helps.
I ordered the Code Red.
ImageImageImage
Psanaurius Baenre

First hello and welcome to the Uni! Yes, Byron is correct, the only thing special to train regarding moon ore is the refining skills, but as we sell all the ore as is, there is no need for extra skills. and a venture is fine, if you don't have one, we have some in the flight deck. We'll formup at Amy, HSC (fort) and I'll give a newbro speech after we all check in, and then we'll undock and pewpew! some rocks!
can't wait to see you there! o7
Image Image
Psanaurius Baenre

Hello all! I will be the FC for this event as well as boosting in my Orca at 47 km, We will need 3 more boosters, don't have to be perfect, as well as 2 haulers, obelisk works great for this, I will also need to know if those haulers will be out of corp or in corp. If we don't have any haulers, I can use one of my alts.

We will be using the HSC mining channel in mumble, and the fleet name in fleet finder will be HSC Moon Mining SC Fleet!

Also, if anyone is going to be using mining crystals, we do not have any in our hangers that I know of, and I currently don't have any on me either. Can't wait to see everyone there! O7
Image Image
Zolpidemz

Post by Zolpidemz »

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to joining you! Cheers!
"Only via continuing to probe every nook and cranny of the universe that is accessible to us will we truly build a useful appreciation of our own place in the cosmos." – Lawrence Maxwell Krauss
Psanaurius Baenre

Thank you everyone who showed up to the SC!!! I know I had a lot of fun! Here's the link to the spreadsheet so you can see what to expect for payment! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Image Image
Rodolf Joringer

Post by Rodolf Joringer »

Thanks for running a great SC! It was a lot of fun.
Nehushtan

Post by Nehushtan »

Just a note, I looked at it and it seems my time got calculated incorrectly? It shows 2.09 hours but I was only there for a little less than an hour.
Artoria Lapointe

Post by Artoria Lapointe »

Thanks for the event FC!

FYI, if you ever need an extra set of Orca boosts and I’m online I’ll happily link up for future events!

That was my first fleet and thank you to everyone who made that enjoyable!
Psanaurius Baenre

Thanks for the offer!
As for the messed up times, I talked to someone in AMC and they said it might have something to do with starting before and ending after 2400, so either have to adjust to stop just before 2400 and start again right after OR move the times back an hour, which I did and seemed to fix it.
Image Image