[EVENT] Eve Birthday Photo Challenge!

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in planning or advertising your event, contact our Events Department.
Fudster

[EVENT] Eve Birthday Photo Challenge!

Post by Fudster »

Capsuleers and Eve Photographers

FuDsteRs PHOTO Competition! (Which took place 12th March - 15th March 2021)

Thank you to all that took part in the competition. The winners have been chosen and it gives me great pleasure to announce our winners live on Public Mumble with Images displayed on Discord.
Please join me, if you can, for the live roll out of prizes

Details:
DATE: Sat 20th March at 20:00
Mumble Comms: Public Mumble

FuDsteRs PHOTO Competition

To celebrate this years Eve Uni Birthday festivities, I want to create a piece of art that celebrates us as a proud community. Spurred on by the amazing Razorien (CCP Aperture), I am trying to collect as many screen shots from everyone that attends the Uni birthday festivities this year. The aim is to create a huge collage of hundreds of players images to celebrate this years week long celebration and I want you, YES YOU, to be a part of it; from newbro to graduate!

How to create a screenshot in EVE and where to submit it

All you need to do to submit a screen shot is to simply do the following in game:

1. Clear your screen of the HUD!

• Press CTRL + F9 (this clears your hud)

2. Take a Screenshot!

• Press Print Screen (PC) or CMD+Shift+3 (MAC) or Linuxy stuff
  • Press CTRL + F9 (this brings your hud back)

3. Post your image on our Discord Channel #eve-in-pictures!

Once you are safe in station, or logged off, go to discord channel https://discord.com/channels/3014963900 ... 1183508531 and post your single image on the channel.

To find your screenshot you can find them in the following default folder:

PC: C:\Users\*******\Documents\EVE\capture\Screenshots
MAC: Found on your desktop as default.
Linux: ~/Documents/EVE/capture/Screenshots/

What type of images do I need to upload?

I am looking for anything that is EVE. It could be you flying your ship, or it could be a planet you like the look of. I am simply looking for anything that tells your story of eve. Be creative!
It doesn't have to be a perfect photo, either. Just share your game time with the uni and be part of a community!

Prizes? You Want Prizes?

EDIT. All I can say is that there are loads of cool prizes that will be handed out and I don't know what to put as a first prize anymore. However, you will be comforted to know that there is some great stuff to be looted from this event.

Rules and how to know if you have been entered in to the competition

1. All original images (NOT MEMES) presented on the discord images channel between 12th March 2021 00:00 and 15th March 23:59 EVE time will be eligable.

2. You are free to post-process them; i.e. Brightness/Contrast/Levels/Exposure/etc/Vignette/sharpen/other

3. DO not crop. It has to be at your screen resolution (wide res, low res, extended res, etc are all fine), but cropping a picture down will be frowned on.

4. Do not steal other people's images from the web or within this channel. I can check using image searches and other metadata searches.

Now go out there and start taking screenshots!

Submit your Screenshots HERE: https://discord.com/channels/3014963900 ... 1183508531

The Winners
Winners will be shown here Sat 20th March at 20:00

Winners of the Photo Competition Congratulations
1st Prize - Stratios+ Basic 'Bonding' Cerebral Accelerator + 200M ISK - approx value 500M
Hikaru Sakai

Hikaru is an excellent image taker within EVE. He has posted so many influential images in the EVE picture thread it is hard to narrow it down to one. However, this image of a Kestrel flying over a celestial moon/planet has nailed it for me. The balance of the shadow passing over the planetoid in line with the ship direction balances the image perfectly, but with the leading ship, trails flowing in from dark to light gives great image continuity. With the ship skin giving a splash of colour to counterbalance the barren landscape behind, I could not fault this one. Well done Hikaru.

2nd Prize - 1 x Victorieux Luxury Yacht Hull - approx value 350M
Harry Heinee

ImageHarry has captured much in this photo. The image, although quite dark, has delivered so much from what living in a wormhole system is like. Rolling wormholes.
I think this image works for me as it shows the clarity of the wormhole entrance; with its embryo like mass, encapsulated between the slug or bug like Amarrian ships doing their missions. A very good photo on so many fronts.

3rd Prize - Full set of +4 learning implants + Cloaky Travelceptor Stiletto - approx value 145M
Susan Wulf

ImageI like images that bring pride. This image captured by Susan Wulf is a prime example of people working together to bring order to our ranks. The detail and colour produced by the tiny Tristans and other ships is a site to behold. I don’t think any Unista can look at this photo and not feel a sense of pride and wry satisfaction of when this Nestor blew up.(edited)

4th Prize - Astero - approx value 50M
Simon Colyn Silencieux

ImageSimon has captured the time in EVE that can only be enjoyed when piloting a slow moving ship. The exits from stations are always something that I have enjoyed and it’s good to see someone else has taken the time to capture this moment. The perspective of the ship placed within the gaping goliath mouth of a station grabs my attention. Well done, Simon!(edited)

Runner Ups: Vexor Scope Syndication Skins
1. Hideo Date

ImageHideo has been a big contender in this competition. He’s explored many areas of EVE and has had a massive influence on his fellow Unistas. This picture shows how wonderful Sun animations are. To capture a ship travelling while obtaining an image is difficult, but Hideo creates a dynamic image

Runner Ups: Vexor Scope Syndication Skins
2. Quentin Coldheart

Quentin has taken the time to capture his ship floating within the monument. The angle of shot spreads the wings across the wide resolution of this image. I like its stark balance against the black background, which increases the impact of the monument. Great photo.
ImageRunner Ups: Vexor Scope Syndication Skins
3. Iris Ayanami

ImageIris has taken a great photo. The framing is perfect and the sunlight creeping in from the top makes this image feel haunting and lonely. Sometimes it’s the life of the lonely miner and industrial that populates this world, quietly working in the background.

Runner Ups: Rupture Scope Syndication Skins
1. Frites

ImageCCP does an excellent job to show detail in ships. From dirt and grime of a busy explorer, to the launchers of a pirate, the look of a ship is something to enjoy. This image captures everything that is great about the ships in EVE. The grime on the side of a cool skins, reflected in the launchers poised to shoot, albeit festival, make this image a great picture.(edited)

2. Promitheas Pyroforos

ImagePromitheas has captured the beauty of EVE. The planets in EVE can be some of the most beautiful places to stop your ship. I like how this image balances the blue, Earth like planet detail against the brown hue, monument and gas surrounding it.

3. Azrael Feanorian

Azrael has created an interesting look at a formation of Titans and ships in salute to the local planet. With the Sun low in the frame, this photo feels poignant and melancholy. To see the detail in the image, you have to look in more closely, but it placed well in the shortlist.

And finally... Earlybird Prize: Daredevil frigate
Hikaru Sakai

Hikaru posted a picture one minute after the event lauched. He obtains a free ship for his enthusiasm.

__
Last edited by Fudster on 2021.03.20 21:41, edited 7 times in total.
:stop: Not a responsible person.

Please ignore comments
Fudster

Re: [EVENT] Eve Birthday Photo Challenge!

Post by Fudster »

Other Terms and Conditions:

1. You can enter as many times as you want.

2. You do not need to formally enter, it will be open to all members that post a picture within the timeframe of the competition

3. All submited screenshots submitted between 12th March and 15th March will be asked for permission of use for publication by EVE University.
YES, I will probably have to send out loads of DM requests!

4. All entrants, who will be contacnted for permission, will give use of their image on a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 license to Eve University; Its just so we can tweet a winning entry on Twitter, but also create a really cool collage at the end of it all.

Details for us mortals: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/

Details for lawyers/solicitors (i.e. Laura et al) : https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by ... /legalcode

Please ignore comments
Hideo Date
Title: Personnel Officer, Jilo's New Personal Assistant, Sophomore

Post by Hideo Date »

This is such a wonderful initiative! Thank you for doing this :)

I don't care what the prizes are, I want all of them! :D
Comms Officer

You can find me on Twitter @hideo_date
I stream over at: https://www.twitch.tv/hideodate
Check out my blog at hideodate.WordPress.com

EX-Comms Manager and PO
Azrael Feanorian
Title: Freshman

Post by Azrael Feanorian »

I love the initiative! :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
Fudster

Post by Fudster »

Hi Folks,

Thank you to all that took part in the competition. The winners have been chosen and it gives me great pleasure to announce our winners live on Mumble (channel TBA) with Images displayed on Discord.
Please join me, if you can, for the live roll out of prizes.

FuD

Details:
DATE: Sat 20th March at 20:00
Mumble Public Comms

Please ignore comments
Quentin Coldheart

Post by Quentin Coldheart »

Wow, thank you. I didn't expect to get anything since there were such amazing entries by other people. Great job everyone and especially the organizers who took time to do this.

o7
Fudster

Post by Fudster »

You're most welcome, Quentin.

Please ignore comments