[EVENT] 2021.01.27 18:00 Beautify the Wiki

For information about upcoming EVE University events.
Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in planning or advertising your event, contact our Events Department.
Arin Mara

Re: [EVENT] 2021.01.27 18:00 Beautify the Wiki

Post by Arin Mara »

Comments like these make me blush while I mouth the words "thank you", bow my head, gently bend one knee and place my right hand over my heart. Per aspera ad astra! It was all worth it! :) :) :)

I'll commit to writing the report until end the of the week. Last time the editors beautified 80 Effort Levels... this time you beautified 400 Levels :D
This week I'll:
  • review all 235 Wiki Templates and write a report that will propose their sub-categorization
  • review, edit and give feedback for all 73 beautified COSMOS Mission
  • send a request to double the new contributor budget; if refused, I'll pay from my own pocket
  • do more outreach with the Venal Brotherhood, who turned from +10 to 0 towards the Univeristy after we bombed them with Black Ops Battleships :S The Brootherhood is an authoritative source on Null Security Anomic Missions (this the Wiki lacks completely!) and could be a valuable ally in the Venal Region
Arin Mara

Post by Arin Mara »

A quick update:
  • Jilo and Rayanth are yet to respond to my budget increase from 200M ISK to 418M ISK.
  • I promised I'll finish the report last week, but I wasn't able to. I don't want to do it half-arsed, so I instead postponed it for this week. Napkin math says it'll take me 418*10 seconds or 1h and 10 minutes at a minimum to review 418 images. :P
  • Chris wired the ISK and I'll distributed it per their wish, 0.5M per Effort Point.
  • Kelon Darklight contracted me thirteen pairs of (Men's Frontier Safeguarder T-Shirt-Women's Frontier Safeguarder T-Shirt). I will distribute the shirts as well. :P
  • I've published a report on The State of Wiki Templates and their Categories. Your questions and contributions were the primary inspiration for the report.
Arin Mara

Post by Arin Mara »

Contributors!

The University, nay, New Eden thanks you for your efforts to make the Wiki the most beautiful and truthful knowledge repository.

You have edited relentlessly, out of sense of duty, a want to give back, without any expectation of reward. To reward your good deeds, 1 236M ISK in total have been transferred to me by:
  • Wiki Manager Rayanth - 250M
  • Alumni Kelon Darklight - 212M
  • HSC Officer Chris Halsky - 300M
  • yours truly, Arin Mara - 474M
I have distributed the wealth according to the number of Effort Points you earned, 3M (instead of 1M) ISK per Effort Point:

Code: Select all

| Editor           | Effort Level | Pages Edited |
|------------------|--------------|--------------|
| Abaris Fagimasad | 145          | 22           |
| Auron Delarnu    | 158          | 16           |
| Deli Korsan      | 35           | 13           |
| Dr Joseph RD     | 21           | 3            |
| Koris the Second | 49           | 16           |
| Marcel Eriker    | 4            | 2            |
|           Total: | 412          | 72           |
In addition, I have chiseled your names in the Sheet and Kelon Darklight has donated fashionable Frontier Safeguarder T-Shirts for me to distribute to all current and previous Event participants.

I'll publish the full Event Report the following week.

Let no good deed go unrewarded! :) :) :)

(Jilokari Kurvora, the CEO of the University, quoted at the start, who originally promised to fund the Event is suspiciously absent from this post. That's because they didn't answer my requests for funding three times in two weeks. I assume its because Jilo has to deal with Analee Tsasa, NSC Manager, Diplomat, Star of Unity who served the University with Excellence becoming an Alumni. Thankfully, Rayanth and Kelon intervened and got me the required funding. Pardon for the delay.)