Joy, joy, joy! As long as University CEOs (have a sense of humor and) introduce themselves as Stewards, bright days are ahead. The Wiki is popular, a lighthouse of knowledge like no other, but we cannot afford to be complacent.
With so many existing pages, so many patches, updates, tweaks, changes and expansions New Eden counts on the Wiki, now more then ever, to be their guiding light. Let us make the Wiki brighter then any Cynosural Field by making information already present on the Wiki more pleasing to the mind.
COSMOS Missions can only be done once. If you decline, let them expire or fail the Mission, it's over: you will never be able to do it again. It is imperative that all COSMOS Agents be identified, their locations revealed, their rewards examined and their Missions described.
Kelon Darklight (with help from Sir Horizon) has announced that they are about to finish cataloguing all COSMOS Missions. All the data is already on the Wiki, we just need to beautify their marvelous collection. We owe this much to Kelon and to New Eden!
- When: 2021.01.27 18:00 and will last 2.5 hours with an optional 1 hour extension
- Where: dock up and join from any station in New Eden
- Who: anyone that signed up for the Event will be able to participate
- Requirements: Gmail email address that you don't mind sharing publicly for sign up and a EVE Online account for Wiki login
If you'd like to know more about the Event see the previous:
Sign up procedure and attendance
I need to add you to the Beautification Candidates Google Sheet, so you can pick which pages you want to edit. Send a Gmail email address you don't mind sharing publicly to "Arin Mara" by EVE mail, Discord or Forum. 
- After you sign up you are free not to attend. You may cancel at any time for any reason without giving prior notice.
- You may join late and leave the Event early.
- If you are unable to finish editing a page during the Event, feel free to finish it after the Event. I will also give ISK for any and all edits up to 48h after the Event has ended.
- If you signed up for the previous Event, you are already registered and free to attend.
At the start of the Event
Join the Fleet "EVE Uni Wiki Fleet" advertised in the Fleet or the Alliance Chat Channel window. Say hello in the Fleet Chat Channel. I'll answer questions and provide clarification, if need be, during the whole Event.
Optionally, you may also join "EVEUni: Public classes, Q&Ąs", EVE Universities Public Mumble, "General Purpose - GP Eta". I'll answer questions and provide clarification there too. Observe Combat Comms protocols at all times. Wiki editing is intellectually intensive work and we must keep distractions to a minimum.
Before the Event
During the Event you will:
- Transcribe an image of the Overview or Mission Agent window
- Fit Mission and COSMOS Site details into a Wiki Template
- Put the information in the correct order
All the data about every COSMOS Mission is already present on the Wiki. You do not need to complete a single COSMOS Mission, merely beautify the existing Wiki pages.
To assist you with learning I:
- encourage you to take a look at the Editing a Page Guide
- strongly suggest you edit the Wiki Sandbox where you can do no harm
- have listed Tools that will help you with editing
- have listed Wiki Templates that you'll use to beautify a page
- have listed Examples of pages beautified by previous Event attendees
If you are new to Wiki editing, expect that you won't beautify a single page for an hour. Expect anxiety, stress and frustration. It's your body telling you a worthwhile challenge is before you, that you are learning. When you overcome it, you will feel satisfaction and contentment.
Tools you may find useful:
- Optical Character Recognition for transcribing images
- Paint.net for creating image cutouts; Optical Character Recognition works much better if you only show it text
- Upload File to WIki to upload images and icons to the Wiki
- ItemDrop to search for Agents
Wiki Templates you might need:
- MissionBriefing for Mission Briefing and lore
- Missiondetails for noting the name, level, type, faction, reward and other Mission details
- MessageBox for Mission debriefing, warp in message or text generated in Local Chat Channel
- CMBSiteInfo for COSMOS Sites
- NPCTableHead for transcribing Fleets and Structures 
Iris Ayanami's Before and After of Agent image transcription.
- That you can download the image, cut it into smaller pieces and show each one to the OCR tool
- You may need to clean up any OCR grammar, spelling and punctuation mistakes
- Replace specific Pilot names with '''<Character>'''
- You can add a bit of flare and add an Agent image
- Leave "?" if you know the Mission increases Faction Standing but you don't know by how much
- How Iris wrote the Time Bonus, ordered the rewards and kept the m3 item volume
Marvin Redsock's Before and After of Mission detail and Fleet image transcription.
- Sometimes you won't be able to fill in the whole Template; don't worry about it, fill in as much as you can
- You can add headers to separate the Missions
- How Marvin separated Kelon's notes from Mission details
- That Marvin replaced the original raw info and image with the Wiki Templates
- How Marvin ordered the ships within the template by size, from smallest to largest
Arkady Marten's Before and After of COSMOS Site and Fleet image transcription.
- See the notes beneath Marvin's and Iris' example. Do you see a similarity?
- Can you spot what Arkady, Marvin and Iris did differently? They all added a detail unique to their page, a kind of a signature
During the Event
- Go to EVE University Wiki
- Click the "EVE LOG IN with EVE Online" silver button in the upper right corner of the Wiki. Sign in, switch user and authorize. 
- Open up the Beautification Candidates Google Sheet 
- Find a page you'd like to edit
- Write your name under "Editor" to let everyone know it's taken and click the checkbox "Doing"
- Click the "Edit" button in the top-right corner
- Compare the current page with the examples I've listed
- Edit the page: replace the image or text with a Wiki Template I've listed, add a descriptive "Summary" and click "Submit changes"; feel free to split your work over multiple edits
- When you are done with editing a page, click the checkbox "Done" in the Beautification Candidates Google Sheet
- Congratulations! You've made the Wiki much more beautiful; see if you want to edit any other page
The Event may not be recorded.
 Instead of me assigning a page to you, I want to allow you to choose the page you want to edit. Registration also prevents vandalism. Registration is a tough ask, but just ask yourself: what would happen if a prankster could edit a public Google Sheet? Thank you so much for registering yet another Gmail email adress so you can help out New Eden's most celebrated Wiki.
 Don't forget to add
Code: Select all
 The Wiki redirects you to the EVE Online login website, asks you to login, tells you what kind of authorization the Wiki wants and if you click authorize your browser will be given a short lived token that the Wiki uses to recognize who you are. At no point do you give your password to the Wiki or EVE University.
 I've attached an Effort Level to each Wiki page. An Effort Level 3 means a page will take about 15 minutes to edit, while an Effort Level 12 page will take about 60 minutes. You will be awarded a token amount of ISK, about 1M per Effort Level as a thank you for your contribution.
The Event's purpose is to:
- Preserve the knowledge for generations to come
- Beautify the Wiki, the face of EVE University
- Teach capsuleers about contributing to the Wiki, Templates, conventions and style
- Attract new Wiki contributors
- Show how much effort goes into maintaining the Wiki
- Make EVE University more well known in New Eden
- Develop the team spirit
After the Event I'll write an After Action Report where I'll list attendees, prizes, results, Event observations and notes.
Send all feedback, questions and comments via EVE mail, Discord or Forum as I cannot view feedback submitted through the Event Feedback Form.