[FLEET] Green vs. Purple #1

Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in planning or advertising your event, contact our Events Department.
<<

Eleeyah Myrha

Portrait

Post 2020.09.07 00:52

[FLEET] Green vs. Purple #1

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Welcome to the very first season of Green versus Purple's Group 1!

GROUP: #1
TIME: Will be decided based on total participant preferences.
DATE: At this point, there is no time limit for signup. We will announce the draft detailed below, once we have enough interest. PLEASE NOTE YOUR PREFERRED TIME AND WEEKDAY FOR THE DRAFT (AND FIGHT ONE WEEK LATER), AS WELL AS A LESS COMFORTABLE BUT POSSIBLE TIME AND WEEKDAY ON YOUR APPLICATION!

This event, or fleet, is designed to offer us opportunities to learn fitting, flying, and winning in smaller fleets against targets that are at least as strong as you are! The goal is really the education, as such prizes are normally not a priority.

However, prizes may (and for the first one has been) sponsored!

It also roughly follows the format of the Box Tournament and should be very handy as a way to get prepared for that. I intend to be in contact with whoever runs the next one and would tailor at least one of the Green versus Purple groups towards that.

I am going to start out with only Group 1 for now, but if there is enough interest, we'd get a staggered second group rolling. With that, we would have proper fleet vs. fleet battles two weeks out of three, but due to the staggering, the focus would always remain on one.

Here are some basics:

During the signup, I will call for at least two captains, first come first served. These will lead at least two teams of at least five players each, preferably seven. More teams will be added if the interest for that group is high enough.

Everybody else will go into the player pool, along with a zKillboard link. When there are enough people to form at least two teams, I will call for a draft, in which the captains get to fill up their teams in turn. They can use whatever method they wish to evaluate who they want, and players can add whatever information about themselves that they want to offer, but the zKillboard link is compulsory.

This draft should ensure that our teams aren't completely lopsided, and offer all participating newbros the advantage of seeing skilled pilots in action, both as a teammate and as an enemy.

The battles will be recorded, and your fleets will contain spectators in their own wing. Those that are recording, but not part of any team, may join you in your comms for the fight so that they can record that as well. If you are not comfortable with being recorded, please don't hesitate to PM me!

A note as to the captain and FC roles within each team:

The captain has the ultimate responsibility for his fleet outside of the actual engagement. He or she does not have to be the FC. But as the captain, it is your job to ensure that the preparations are happening. You will also designate a replacement who will take over for you if you have to drop out for some reason.
Your most important trait is commitment. Your actions are to a large part responsible for both the success of your fleet's battle and also for the degree of learning and enjoyment your team can win from the exercise.
That is not to say that you cannot make mistakes - simply that it is your genuine wish to see your team flourish during the week that you are responsible for it.
You also do not have to be the person who designs the fits, but you are the go-to for me to check on your progress. You're quite literally the manager of your team for one week.

Anybody at all can be the FC, including the captain. This is probably the place to test out new and different ways of FCing, or splitting up the FCing, but remember that there are more than two players on a team. Make sure that everybody understands and learns the purpose of what you want to do, and agrees to it.

Beyond that, I will go into the rules of how and where to stage each time we go into action. These rules are simple and subject to change to keep things fresh. If the demand is there and all parties agree, we may even go with something asymmetrical to simulate uneven battles or advantages.
Something fun might be a "marauder" faction. Anybody who did not get to join a team, and any spectator who so wishes, form an impromptu party, and raid the battlefield in an unorganized bunch. It would be the FC's job to react to this unexpected problem and control the damage.

TO KICK THINGS OFF NICE AND SMOOTH, WE WILL BE USING THE SAME LIMITATIONS AS THE LAST BOX TOURNAMENT:

4 Atron
4 Catalyst
4 Coercer
2 Crucifier
4 Executioner
6 Incursus
2 Inquisitor
2 Maulus
2 Navitas
6 Punisher

Each team may field at most two destroyers in each battle, and may only use each hull once in the series. The format depends on the number of teams and will be announced with the Draft, but plan for up to five battles. Depending on the circumstances, the number of available hulls will be changed on the day of the draft.

You may use T1 through Meta 4 modules, no T2 or faction. This time we're sticking to T1 ammo, but boosters and implants are allowed! Do stick to boosters and implants you would reasonably expect a newbro to use.

The FC or captain of your team will use the Fleet Support Program to have the fits provided. Make sure you read through that post! Note that you have to submit your request five days in advance. That said, since you aren't going to use T2 modules, you should be able to get much of what you need from the Flight Deck or hangars accessible to you for last-minute changes. Nonetheless, I suggest you learn to use the Fleet Support Program, as it will be very helpful to you in all aspects as a content creator in the Uni!
This will give you two days to come up with a strategy and fits, and five days to learn and correct it.

I am also calling for any volunteers who would like to mentor especially the captains and/or FCs, but also the other members during this week!
The mentor will participate in his or her team's communications and answer questions and thus be trusted with the secrets and strategies the team will employ. As such each mentor may only join one team. You could even be one of the pilots yourself, or even the FC or captain. But ideally this should be a learning experience, so let less knowledgeable people take the reigns instead and be ready to serve as 2IC for example. Please keep in mind that the captain retains the highest authority over your team and may even kick you off the team if it should prove necessary.

Captains, do not kick your members for reasons of lacking skill, knowledge or skill points. You may choose to kick a member if he or she are sabotaging your team. Be aware that this basically guarantees that you will need to start over on your fits and strategy from scratch. SPAAI!
Last edited by Eleeyah Myrha on 2020.09.12 12:51, edited 48 times in total.
<<

Eleeyah Myrha

Portrait

Post 2020.09.07 00:53

Re: [FLEET] Green vs. Purple #1

SIGNUP for Group 1 will continue until enough participants have gathered. Future events will likely have a 1-week timer for signups.

Team A:
Mentor
Captain

Team B:
Mentor
Captain

Participant Pool:
Player (zKillbord.com, link to application, time)

- JohnPlayerNotSpecial (zKillboard, Application, 1730-2100)
- Yokuni Togashi (zKillboard, Application, 0000-1000, FC, captain only if necessary)
- KPYTOE KOPOBO (zKillboard, Application, 2300-1000, FC, captain only if necessary)

Mentors:
Alecks Kautsuo, preferred contact via Discord

As you sign up, please remember to link your zKillboard, and do give your time in UTC/EVE time, please.
An application should roughly look as follows, but please take your freedoms:

Eleeyah Myrha: zKillboard,
- Short Skillplan complete, Magic 14 complete.
- Advanced Hybrid Gunnery, Drone, and Frigate skills. Able to fly destroyers. General focus on Gallente and Amarr.
- Good EWAR and Logi capabilities.
- I am particularly interested in flying Logi. I volunteer as Logi wing-command. I wish to be captain.
- My preferred hours are from 1800h EVE time to 2400h, any day of the week except weekends.
- My less preferred but possible time would be 0000h EVE time to 0600h, any day of the week including weekends.

I'm not participating as a pilot this time. Eventually, once everything has had a rolling start, I wish to take advantage of this opportunity to learn more about FCing fleet vs fleet engagements myself. This time, however, your secrets are safe with me. You may also send me your ISK, I can double it for you.
Last edited by Eleeyah Myrha on 2020.09.09 02:44, edited 22 times in total.
<<

Eleeyah Myrha

Portrait

Post 2020.09.07 01:18

reserved
<<

JohnPlayerNotSpecial

Portrait

Post 2020.09.07 01:38

Amarr & Gallente ? A skillplan of my liking.

JohnPlayerNotSpecial: zkillboard.
  • I have perfect Astero skills obviously, duh. T2 cloak, T2 hacking, T2 scanning, T2 drones, T2 small guns ... why guns on an Astero ?.
  • I am particularly interested in just showing up and have everything prepared for me so i can F1 like the pro PvPer that i am.
  • I volunteer as "marauder member" in order to just decloak and screw you up while others try to win prizes. Bonus if i can get Turlough as target.
  • My preferred time is EUTZ 17h30-21h00.
  • Captain, you should pick me because SoE is BESTEST ! And i give useless comments on strategy to keep you entertained. And i can already recommend an universal fit for any of the ships provided. Pick me and you get the whole package of win, some other form of win, and bonus win.
o/
signature.
<<

Eleeyah Myrha

Portrait

Post 2020.09.07 02:00

JohnPlayerNotSpecial wrote:Amarr & Gallente ? A skillplan of my liking.

JohnPlayerNotSpecial: zkillboard.
  • I have perfect Astero skills obviously, duh. T2 cloak, T2 hacking, T2 scanning, T2 drones, T2 small guns ... why guns on an Astero ?.
  • I am particularly interested in just showing up and have everything prepared for me so i can F1 like the pro PvPer that i am.
  • I volunteer as "marauder member" in order to just decloak and screw you up while others try to win prizes. Bonus if i can get Turlough as target.
  • My preferred time is EUTZ 17h30-21h00.
  • Captain, you should pick me because SoE is BESTEST ! And i give useless comments on strategy to keep you entertained. And i can already recommend an universal fit for any of the ships provided. Pick me and you get the whole package of win, some other form of win, and bonus win.
o/

You have been added to the participant pool. :)
Do you want to be a captain? (I figure not, but asking just in case)
<<

JohnPlayerNotSpecial

Portrait

Post 2020.09.07 02:10

Eleeyah Myrha wrote:Do you want to be a captain? (I figure not, but asking just in case)

Only as a very last resort option if even. Most likely not.
signature.
<<

Eleeyah Myrha

Portrait

Post 2020.09.07 02:28

JohnPlayerNotSpecial wrote:Only as a very last resort option if even. Most likely not.

Gotcha, thanks. I won't make you. XD
<<

Yokuni Togashi

Portrait

Post 2020.09.07 06:18

Yokuni Togashi : ZKILLBOARD

Skills
Amarr Combat & Attack - Frigate Mastery level 5 - Destroyer Mastery level 5 - Cruiser Mastery level 2
Caldari Combat & Attack - Frigate Mastery level 4 - Destroyer Mastery level 5 - Cruiser Mastery level 2
Gallente Combat & Attack - Frigate Mastery level 5 - Destroyer Mastery level 5 - Cruiser Mastery level 5
Minmatar Combat & Attack - Frigate Mastery level 4 - Destroyer Mastery level 4 - Cruiser Mastery level 2

Interest
Fleet Member (some experience)
Fleet command (no Experience)

Preferred Day
Any day

Preferred Time
UTC 0000 to 1000
<<

Eleeyah Myrha

Portrait

Post 2020.09.07 06:53

Yokuni Togashi wrote:Preferred Time
UTC 0000 to 1000

Beautiful, thanks. I've put you up.

Would you generally be up for being a captain, if we were missing one?
<<

Arin Mara

Portrait

Post 2020.09.07 07:41

What Boosters and Implants am I allowed to use?

Can I use Antipharmakon Boosters or High-grade Nirvana Implants? ;)
<<

Eleeyah Myrha

Portrait

Post 2020.09.07 08:25

Arin Mara wrote:Can I use Antipharmakon Boosters or High-grade Nirvana Implants? ;)

Please stick to those that you would expect newbros to use. I won't tell you exactly where the limit is, but if your corpse is more expensive than your entire fleet, you've probably gone quite a bit too far. XD
<<

Yokuni Togashi

Portrait

Post 2020.09.07 09:25

Eleeyah Myrha wrote:Would you generally be up for being a captain, if we were missing one?

i can try, but i've got no experience so have no idea what to do.
so will only up for it when there is not enough captain.
<<

Eleeyah Myrha

Portrait

Post 2020.09.07 09:47

Yokuni Togashi wrote:
Eleeyah Myrha wrote:Would you generally be up for being a captain, if we were missing one?

i can try, but i've got no experience so have no idea what to do.
so will only up for it when there is not enough captain.

Gotcha, thanks. The captain doesn't actually have to do much beyond making sure that his team is taken care of and doesn't stagnate. The difficult part of setting up the fits go to the FC.
<<

KPYTOE KOPOBO

Portrait

Post 2020.09.07 21:57

zKillboard: HERE

Skills: All V, can fly anything

Interest, in the order of priority:
- Leading chaos
- Bringing chaos
- More chaos
- Smart-ass
- F1 Monkey

Preferred Day
Any day

Preferred Time
UTC 23:00 to 10:00
<<

Eleeyah Myrha

Portrait

Post 2020.09.07 22:07

KPYTOE KOPOBO wrote:Preferred Time
UTC 23:00 to 10:00

I've added you, thanks. Are you willing to be captain, if we don't have enough sign up for it?
Next

Return to Corporation Events