[FLEET] Newbro L3 Mission Fleet - 19-07-2020 @20:00

Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in planning or advertising your event, contact our Events Department.
<<

Chris Halsky

Portrait

Post 2020.07.13 06:14

[FLEET] Newbro L3 Mission Fleet - 19-07-2020 @20:00

Hello! I invite new players to participate in L3 mission fleet!

How it works:
We get into fleet, and we run L3 missions together! This way we can finish them quickly, we share rewards (ISK/LP/Standings) and additionally we share bounty prizes - so even more ISK. Keep in mind - you have to be actively playing and be with us for the whole time - we are counting on you :)

Fleet: Newbro L3 Mission Fleet
Time: Fleet will form at 20:00 Eve time
Date: 2020-07-19, Sunday
Fleet Duration: 2 hours
Mumble: Yes, I'll pick some nice channel

Fleet will be capped at 10 people, so it might happen that I'll have limit participants.

Required:
Mumble: Since we run missions together, you need to AT LEAST listen on mumble what FC (Fleet Commander) will have to say - we need to be at least a little coordinated. If you cannot talk (no mic, other people in the room, etc.) - it's ok, we'll manage.

Cruiser: While taking someone in Frigate can be done, I'll be much more comfortable if everyone got at least basic Cruiser for this fleet (if you don't have one - READ BELOW!)

But Chris, I don't have Cruiser yet, what should I do?
If you started playing recently, and don't have cruiser yet - or maybe you have one, but want to try different one - no worries, we got you covered. For this fleet I will provide 6 Cruisers for rent (3x Vexor, 3x Caracal) - before the fleet starts I will transfer them to you, after fleet you have to return them. More details will be provided in post below this one

What else do we need?
Salvager - if there is someone who would like to try salvaging in mission fleets - let me know. You won't get bounty prizes (as you will be off grid), but you get double loot share - so easy ISK for easy job :) If needed I'll provide Cormorant fitted for salvaging - not the best choice, but get's the job done. No experience required, new player friendly - sign up today! Loot will be sold via HSC buyback service.

L3 mission pullers - someone who can provide us with L3 missions in HSC (Aliastra and Roden) - if there will be only me, expect some waiting time every 3 missions :)

Current participants:
1. Chris Halsky
2. Witless Shako in Potato 1
3. devilliers Ovaert in Potato 2
4. Rayn Darqfyre in his own Rupture (Pistol fit)
5. Valdgir Munchausen in his own Rupture
6. Aisha Aureus in Pistol 1
7. Free spot
8. Free spot
9. Mystery guest reservation, but can be taken if someone wants
10. Grason Aideron as Salvager

I hope that new players will join me in this fancy fleet - read post below with details of rental ships.

Best,

Chris
Last edited by Chris Halsky on 2020.07.17 05:35, edited 5 times in total.
<<

Chris Halsky

Portrait

Post 2020.07.13 06:15

Re: [FLEET] Newbro L3 Mission Fleet - 19-07-2020 @19:00

Chris's Cruiser Rental Service

If you want to rent Cruiser for this mission, here's how it works:
1. Below there are fits posted - this is what you will get. These are optimized for low SP and low ISK - they are not great fits, but will be much better than Frigates which you might have. If you're new player - don't worry, you'll be ok in them. When you'll get your own Cruiser I can help you with fitting it better than this one :)

2. Ships will be provided with ammo and drones - along with some spares, if things will go longer - don't worry about losing these, these are consumables

3. You will get the ship before fleet in Citadel 101, you have to return it after the fleet - Important to do it quickly, as I won't wait for it very long

4. Ships have to be returned in proper state - don't strip modules and drones from them :)

What you have to do to get one:
1. You need to train skills which I've listed for each fit - this guarantees that I'll know your minimum skills, and you'll be able to fly these Cruisers at least semi-proficiently - both skill plans can be finished in 7-8 days starting from 0 - if you have some skills trained, it will take you less time, so check if you have them / can train them until Fleet starts

2. Post a message in this topic, with information that you want to rent a Cruiser - I have 6 of them available, who posts first will get one first. Remember, 3x Vexor and 3x Caracal

What we have in parking lot:

Salvager

Salvagerant: Grason Aideron

Pitchfork Caracals

Pitchfork 1: Available
Pitchfork 2: Available
Pitchfork 3: Available

SPOILER WARNING!
[Caracal, Pitchfork]
Damage Control I
Ballistic Control System I

10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Enduring Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Enduring Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender

Limited 'Limos' Rapid Light Missile Launcher

Medium EM Shield Reinforcer I
Medium Thermal Shield Reinforcer I

Skills needed:

SPOILER WARNING!
CPU Management III
Gunnery II
Long Range Targeting II
Mechanics II
Hull Upgrades II
Missile Launcher Operation III
Missile Bombardment III
Light Missiles II
Missile Projection II
Navigation III
Afterburner I
Evasive Maneuvering II
Acceleration Control II
Power Grid Management III
Rapid Launch II
Science I
Energy Grid Upgrades II
Sensor Linking I
Shield Management II
Shield Upgrades II
Signature Analysis II
Spaceship Command II
Caldari Frigate III
Caldari Destroyer III
Caldari Cruiser III
Tactical Shield Manipulation I
Target Management II
Target Navigation Prediction II
Warp Drive Operation II
Weapon Upgrades I

Pretty straightforward fit for Caracal. Quite large passive shield tank (~20k EHP), so no worries about dying too quickly. Remember that if the shield goes down, you do not have anything else - so it's required to warp out when shield reach below 25%. With skills from list you will get 125DPS at 38km - with more missiles skills even more. Fit is (barely) cap stable, so you need to switch on shield hardeners and Afterburner when starting and you can fly :) Basic tactic is to always fly fast and keep enemies near maximum range - around 35km. Missiles do not have falloff, and damage is not depending on distance - so you want to kite you targets. During fleet you should not approach too close to your targets, unless FC says so :)

Potato Vexors

Potato 1: Witless Shako
Potato 2: devilliers Ovaert
Potato 3: Available

SPOILER WARNING!
[Vexor, Potato]
Damage Control I
Explosive Plating I
400mm Steel Plates I
Drone Damage Amplifier I
Drone Damage Amplifier I

10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Compact Multispectrum Shield Hardener

250mm Compressed Coil Gun I
250mm Compressed Coil Gun I
Drone Link Augmentor I

Skills needed:
SPOILER WARNING!
CPU Management III
Drones IV
Drone Avionics III
Drone Durability II
Drone Navigation II
Gunnery III
Light Drone Operation II
Long Range Targeting II
Hull Upgrades II
Mechanics II
Medium Drone Operation II
Navigation III
Afterburner I
Evasive Maneuvering II
Acceleration Control II
Power Grid Management III
Electronics Upgrades I
Science I
Energy Grid Upgrades II
Sensor Linking I
Shield Management II
Shield Upgrades II
Signature Analysis II
Small Hybrid Turret III
Medium Hybrid Turret II
Spaceship Command II
Gallente Frigate III
Gallente Destroyer III
Gallente Cruiser II
Tactical Shield Manipulation I
Target Management II
Warp Drive Operation II
Weapon Upgrades II

This fit might seems strange, but trust me, it's fine :) It's passively shield tanked, with 15k EHP, with additional 5.8k EHP in armor - just to help you survive a little bit longer. Main weapon are the drones - I assumed Drones skill at Lvl 4, but having it at Lvl 5 is very worthwhile. Drones have 55km range and 88/55 DPS (Med/Lig) - you want to stay at that distance and send out drones according to situation. I case of enemies approaching too much - additional 32 DPS from Coilguns at 30-40km range will help. As with Caracals, stay away, don't apporach - easy :)

Pistol Ruptures

Pistol 1: Aisha Aureus
Pistol 2: Available

SPOILER WARNING!
[Rupture, Pistol]

Damage Control I
Gyrostabilizer I
Gyrostabilizer I
Gyrostabilizer I
Tracking Enhancer I

10MN Afterburner I
Compact Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Medium Shield Extender I

650mm Artillery Cannon I
650mm Artillery Cannon I
650mm Artillery Cannon I
650mm Artillery Cannon I

Medium Core Defense Field Purger I

Skills needed:

SPOILER WARNING!
TBD - I haven't got enough time to compile it. I'm sorry.

Quick Rupture fit - shoould be ok this time, but I promise to make it better for next fleet. Long range guns + passive shield tank - stay away and blast rats :)

Drones and ammo

Plenty available, so don't worry about it :)

What next?
Both ships benefit from BLAP plan - if you have time, train as much of BLAP as you can - it's first step to serious fleets. And after you finish BLAP, you will get a free Cruiser from Uni - so double benefit.

Best,

Chris
Last edited by Chris Halsky on 2020.07.16 17:07, edited 7 times in total.
<<

devilliers Ovaert

Portrait

Post 2020.07.14 05:31

Re: [FLEET] Newbro L3 Mission Fleet - 19-07-2020 @20:00

that great i will be there
<<

Witless Shako

Portrait

Post 2020.07.14 08:10

count me in.....already completed the required skill for potato vexor o7 !!!!!
<<

Grason Aideron

Portrait

Post 2020.07.14 10:29

Count me in

I am not fussed about what my role is, I can easily salvage if nobody else wants to as long as someone helps me understand what to do

Grason
<<

Arin Mara

Portrait

Post 2020.07.14 11:04

Despite my best efforts, I don't think I'll be able to make it on Sunday.

I encourage all novice capsuleers to take advantage of this event. If you are intimidated by flying a big Cruiser Class waship, don't be. You're in good hands. Mr. Halsky will teach you everything that you need to know about Fleet Operations and Ship Equipment to Target Priority and Salvaging.

I wish you all the best of luck! :) Fly safe.
<<

Rayn Darqfyre

Portrait

Post 2020.07.14 16:38

I am hoping to be free to join in on this.
Since I made the commitment to buying my first cruiser and getting it fit.
<<

Valdgir Munchausen

Portrait

Post 2020.07.15 19:57

This should be fun so count me in.
I have access to L3 sec missions from 2 corps but the nearest agent is 18 jumps away from Amy...
<<

Chris Halsky

Portrait

Post 2020.07.15 20:51

Hi Valdgir,

We'll see how it goes - I should be able to provide enough, so we won't waste time to travel. From what Corps do you have missions?

I assume you'll bring something to fly with you - as you can see above, we're aiming at 30-50km range, so you might want to bring something similar(ish) - but it's up to you, take what you want to fly :)

See you on Sunday,

Best,

Chris
<<

Chris Halsky

Portrait

Post 2020.07.16 09:53

UPDATE !!!

Thanks to generous donation and a little bit of encouraging from Aisha Aureus, there will be addition to Rental Hangar - we'll get 2 brand new, shiny and fresh Pistol Ruptures !

If Caldari/Gallente boats are not your thing, and you would like to try Minmatar with projectile weapons - sign up today.

Fit will be posted in the evening today, skillplan at later time - stay tuned.

Best,

Chris
<<

Valdgir Munchausen

Portrait

Post 2020.07.16 20:02

Chris,

Yes, I'll be in my own ship so I won't be needing to rent one - I should have made it clear in my previous post.

It's tempting to take my Thrasher (35km optimal range with long-range ammo) but as I haven't done any L3 yet, I'll bring a Rupture. I'll see how difficult these missions are and will attempt them with a Thrasher some other time :)

As for the corps with L3 sec missions, they are Thukker Mix and Transstellar Shipping.

See you soon
V
<<

Chris Halsky

Portrait

Post 2020.07.17 06:02

Hi Valdgir,

It was clear that you'll bring your own - I didn't know what exactly. Rupture is ok, you can check fit posted above - something like that should be sufficient (it doesn't need to be exactly this, though).

Best,

Chris
<<

Chris Halsky

Portrait

Post 2020.07.20 12:33

[AAR after 19.07.2020]

Well, it's done. I had great fun (maybe it was hard to tell), and will definitely run such fleet once more. Or more than once. I hope that all participants also had a blast, despite having me as FC :). First of all - I was not ready for amount of work needed to get things organized. I should be aware of it, but somehow it turned out to be more time consuming than I anticipated. Since it was my first time - it's partly due to this. After everything was ready, we started mission running - and I managed to break my headset cable:
SPOILER WARNING!
Cable.PNG

What a good start :/ Afterwards it went rather smooth, we managed to run 8 missions (2 L4 there) - and for 7 Cruisers + 2 bigger ships they were way too easy - at least they were rather quick. No ships lost, although we had some pilots disconnected, and one L4 almost got rid of Aisha. For big end, we had some fireworks in Pirate Invasion :) Afterwards I wanted to finish salvaging with Grason, but my electricity decided to go out, and I was out of game for 1 hour until it was restored. Fun.

Overall, 10/10, would recommend.

Participants, in no particular order:
Chris Halsky
Mosrael Kibeth
Witless Shako
Rayn Darqfyre
Arathea Tu'Lia
Hiluha Tu'Lia
Gouts Pain
Rt Gearz Rex
Valdgir Munchausen
Aisha Aureus
Frites
Brititos
Grason Aideron

My lessons learnt:
1. I suck at multitasking. I'm sorry I was so quiet in mumble, but I tried to handle everything, and had no time to think about anything else
2. Rental ships were not successful - everyone was able to bring his own Cruiser. We'll see if it makes sense (I have them anyway, so why not?)
3. I'm quite bad FC - but I hope that you don't mind so much, and I promise to learn
4. My Drake Navy cannot reliably tank L4s :)

Special thanks to unstable unit and Nienke Solette - who said it's good idea to run such fleet.

In the end - I think fleet was successful, and it will be organized in the future - current plan is to run Spider fleet for 2 Sundays, and then repeat L3/4 - we will see how it will turn out.

Best,

Chris
Last edited by Chris Halsky on 2020.07.20 16:42, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Grason Aideron

Portrait

Post 2020.07.20 13:34

Thanks for the fleet Chris

Was a great learning experience.

Thank you for taking the time to set everything up.

Also thank you for taking the time the other day to show me how to salvage.

Look forward to the next one :D

(I do not think your mic cable is repairable :lol: but you were not the only one with mic problems :lol:)
<<

Valdgir Munchausen

Portrait

Post 2020.07.20 20:29

Thanks for the fleet Chris, and thanks to all fleetmembers. It was a nice and fun experience.

If I were to give any improvement suggestions, I think I would recommend changing fleet composition because 7 cruisers + 2 battlecruisers was way too strong a fleet for L3 missions. You could actually do them solo in a battlecruiser. Maybe something like 4 cruisers + 5 destroyers would be more challenging?
Next

Return to Corporation Events