Neurodiversity coffee morning 11 July 2020 @ 11.00am

Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in planning or advertising your event, contact our Events Department.
<<

Laura Karpinski

Portrait

Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post 2020.06.30 10:03

Neurodiversity coffee morning 11 July 2020 @ 11.00am

In EVE University we try to be inclusive of everyone who wants to learn about EVE Online. For some people it is not as easy to get involved in the community, for various reasons. This coffee morning is an open, non-judgemental place to hang out with other EVE University members and talk (if you wish to) about your time in EVE University. Anyone is welcome, but it is particularly aimed at those with ASD, anxiety, or other variations. We will not be talking medical diagnoses though, and you do not need to justify why you are there.

I'm going to try this out as a one-off, and if its helpful I'll look to schedule it as a regular thing at the same time every week.

It will last for one hour, starting from 11.00am EVE time on Saturday 11 July 2020. It will take place in EVE University's private mumble server, in an on-demand channel I will create.

The event has the following rules:

• No judgement
  • Be respectful and give others time to talk
  • Do not talk over each other
  • No medical advice or counselling to be provided

The agenda is as follows:

11.00am - Event start, introductions - when did you join EVE University? how long have you been playing EVE? are you part of a campus? how are you doing in real life right now?
11.20am - What have you done in EVE this week? have you listened to any classes? tell us about what happened when you last undocked
11.40am - What are you planning to do in the coming week? do you have any questions about upcoming fleets, events or classes? is there anything we can do to help you participate?
12.00am - Event finish

This isn't intended as an EVE Q&A (if you're looking for that check out the weekly Game Mechanics Q&A) but I'm happy for you to bring any questions about EVE University.

Coffee is optional but I'm going for a hygge environment, so be comfy. I'll be drinking hot chocolate.

If you have any questions or concerns about this beforehand please send me a message, either in-game or on Discord.
CEO of EVE University

Laura Karpinski of House E-Uni, first of her name, the undocked, Khaleesi of the Campuses, mother of unistas!
<<

Laura Karpinski

Portrait

Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post 2020.07.11 12:08

Re: Neurodiversity coffee morning 11 July 2020 @ 11.00am

Thanks to everyone who came along to this, it was lovely to have a chat with you.

I'm going to work on my hot chocolate making skills and try and have a non-lumpy drink next time...
CEO of EVE University

Laura Karpinski of House E-Uni, first of her name, the undocked, Khaleesi of the Campuses, mother of unistas!

Return to Corporation Events