[Fleet] Spider Sunday pt5: 2020-09-13 @ 19:00

Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in planning or advertising your event, contact our Events Department.
<<

Chris Halsky

Portrait

Post 2020.06.23 17:57

[Fleet] Spider Sunday pt5: 2020-09-13 @ 19:00

Hello! I invite all new Eve players to join Spider Fleet - let's do some missions!

How Spider Fleet works:
We will do solo missions, but we'll be together in the Fleet to share rewards and Corporation standings. If you are running missions in the time when fleet is active - please join us. You do not need to be with us, you can run any missions wherever you want - you do not need to do anything special.

Fleet: Spider Sunday
Time: Fleet will form at 19:00 Eve time
Date: 2020-09-13, Sunday
Fleet Duration: 3 hours
Location: You can be anywhere you want - we will run missions solo.
Mumble: No.

Required:
Since we share rewards, please actively run missions while in fleet. If you need to take a break, you want to salvage wrecks, do other stuff - please leave fleet, and join back when you start running missions again.

When completing mission, you will be asked if you want to share rewards with fleet - it's crucial to share :) In case of problems - we will help.

More experienced players - while this fleet is targeted for new players, if someone running L3s/L4s can join up to share ISK - please do, it will help newbros with some ISK/LP.

Q/A:
We do solo missions or do them together?
In principle - solo. But if you want to team up - please do, it's more fun that way. But it might happen that we will all be in different parts of space, so it's not guaranteed.

What ship should I have?
We run solo missions, so get the ship which you use to run missions :) If you want to team up with other player - you can ask in fleet chat.

What missions can I run?
Any missions you like, if they are normal missions. Any level, any type, in any system. Please do not run Epic arcs or storyline missions though.

Can I be in the fleet and salvage wrecks from my mission?
No. You can always bookmark your loot locations and salvage them later. If you do not know how - we will help.

Will it be more profitable for me to join this fleet?
Maybe. Not guaranteed by any means - we will share ISK/LP rewards, but in the end you might get lower amount than without fleet. In general, players who run lower level missions will earn more, players who run highest level in fleet will earn less.

If I will lose ISK, why should I join?
To get standings from other Corps, to help new players with your rewards, to join with others to run higher level missions, to have fun together. You can always leave the fleet if you want - do what is interesting to you.

It would be great if you could join me on Sunday afternoon. If you have any further questions, drop me PM/Evemail.

o7,

Chris
Last edited by Chris Halsky on 2020.09.08 17:35, edited 8 times in total.
<<

Benedic Blacksheep

Portrait

Post 2020.06.24 06:26

Re: [Fleet] Newbro Spider Fleet 2020-06-28 @ 19:00

Hey Chris! I think it's also a good idea to address if the fleet will be doing missions that will affect faction standings. Some are very sensitive to faction standings and there are missions that will affect said standings.
<<

Chris Halsky

Portrait

Post 2020.06.24 07:07

Hi Benedic,

Based on Wiki, Faction standings are not shared in fleets, only Corp Standings. And AFAIK faction standing loss for normal missions is not reward, it's caused by kills of faction ships. Is it not correct? Does someone has experience in that matter?

Best,

Chris
<<

Benedic Blacksheep

Portrait

Post 2020.06.24 07:17

Doing some reading and it looks like you are right! It is caused by the killing of the faction ships... Sorry about that... :)
<<

Chris Halsky

Portrait

Post 2020.06.28 23:40

[AAR after 29.06.2020]

Participants:
BeardPai Kashuken
devilliers Ovaert
Nuefrau Simalia
Pake B
Solomon Athena
Thomas Corwyn

Duration: 3,5h total

Missions completed:
25 Level 1 Security missions
4 Level 2 Security missions
12 Level 3 Security missions
1 Level 4 Security mission
5 level 4 Distribution missions
If I didn't count it correctly, please forgive me, my logging was crap.

ISK earned: enormous :)

Man of the Day award: Thomas Corwyn, for most missions run

Special Thanks: Nienke Solette, for allowing me to host fleet (I think he didn't knew how inexperienced I am :))

My feelings about it:
What went ok: I cannot speak for everyone who participated, but I found this fleet fun. And I consider it quite a success - I did not anticipate that so many people would join. I somehow managed to figure out how to create a fleet and make advert - so another lesson learnt, and since people were actively playing, I had no other way than to run missions for 3,5h without going AFK :) I hope that everyone got something from this fleet - either couple of ISK, some information or making themselves familiar with fleet interface, or at least couple of minutes of fun together.

What could be better:
Participation in general - I'm afraid that more people would've joined, if they knew that we run such fleet.
General organization from my side was chaotic at least.
I did not manage to do all the things that I wanted during this event/fleet - maybe next time.

Let me know what you think.

Best,

Chris
Last edited by Chris Halsky on 2020.07.01 20:21, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Nienke Solette

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2020.06.29 09:52

Compliments on the fleet Chris, well done and all the credits go to you!
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
____________________________________________________________________________________
Senior Personnel Officer | Former Events Manager | CCI Medalist | LSC Manager | Senior FC
<<

Arto Hagnar

Portrait

Post 2020.06.29 15:27

Chris,

I would definitely join you in the future.

This week came down to picking between the the Long Bows PvP fleets and the Spider Fleet. I ended up heading for PvP this time, but I'd certainly would love to do a PvE Spider Fleet in the future.
<<

Chris Halsky

Portrait

Post 2020.07.01 20:35

Re: [Fleet] Newbro Spider Fleet pt2: 2020-07-05 @ 19:00

Dear Capsuleers,

We will run this fleet again - all info in top post. TLDR: This Sunday (2020-07-05), starting 19:00, 3 hours. Maybe more if you will insist. Additional entertainment will be provided in Mumble starting from 21:00 in form of Karaoke performed by Unistas - listening while doing missions is highly recommended.

See you on Sunday,

Chris
<<

Valdgir Munchausen

Portrait

Post 2020.07.04 10:27

Hey,

I think I'll join this fleet for the first time to see how it works. I'm planning to do L2 security missions for Transstellar Shipping solo. But I would be ready to team up with someone for L3 missions. I will fly a Thrasher with artillery turrets (around 150 dps).
<<

Chris Halsky

Portrait

Post 2020.07.06 07:41

[AAR after 05.07.2020]

Participants:
Chris Halsky
Goose in Boots
Jacks Stetille
Jeyna
Kai Oti Fli
Pake B
Peter Reiher
Valdgir Munchausen
Witless Shako

Duration: 3h total

Missions completed:
11 Level 1 Security missions
22 Level 2 Security missions
21 Level 3 Security missions
12 Level 1 Distribution missions
14 level 4 Distribution missions
Total: 80 missions

Man of the Day award: Witless Shako, for most active Lvl1 missions runner

Special Thanks: Pake B, for his support with L4 missions

Expect announcement for next Sunday :)

Best,

Chris
<<

Chris Halsky

Portrait

Post 2020.07.09 21:42

Re: [Fleet] Newbro Spider Fleet pt3: 2020-07-12 @ 19:00

Dear pilots,

Spider fleet will run again, Sunday 19:00 - join us to run some missions :)

Best regards,

Chris
<<

Arin Mara

Portrait

Post 2020.07.12 22:56

A night of dodging pirates while delivering cows, frozen food, trash cans and passengers! A wild ride through the Low Security Systems while trying to make sure your cargo hold is full! We talked about everything and nothing, about Battleships lighting up the sky to the intricacies of standing and reputation.
The Fleet was showered with corporate standing, ISK and spades of information.
Too bad I can't join you next week for Level 3 Missions. Maybe after a few months when I get my hands on a Battleship.

I'd like to thank devilliers Ovaert, Galen Akachi, Greco Eldal, Kai Oti Fli, PlazmaMamba, Rayn Darqfyre and Thy Rons in alphabetical order for sharing their hard earned money and reputation.
Special thanks to Mr. Halsky and Mr. Frites for sating my insatiable curiosity.

At first I throught I'd miss the event because it had Newbro in the title. Why not switch it with Novice or Beginner? :)

Anyway, thanks for organizing the event, it was a blast!
Can't wait to see the statistics on how each one of us contributed! :)
Last edited by Arin Mara on 2020.07.13 15:13, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Chris Halsky

Portrait

Post 2020.07.12 23:22

Arin,

Thanks for your post :) And just to clarify - you can join us next week, read up the event post (when it will be up) - no need to have Battleship :) Thanks for playing with us, it was a pleasure.

Best,

Chris
<<

Chris Halsky

Portrait

Post 2020.07.12 23:32

[AAR after 12.07.2020]

Participants:
Chris Halsky
devilliers Ovaert
Greco Eldal
Arin Mara
Kai Oti Fli
PlazmaMamba
Frites
Galen Akachi
Thy Rons
Rayn Darqfyre

Duration: 4h total, with last hour on slow speed :)

Missions completed:
10 Level 1 Mining missions
5 Level 1 R&R missions
15 Level 1 Security missions
32 Level 2 Distribution missions
16 Level 2 Security missions
18 Level 3 Security missions
7 Level 4 Security missions
3 missions without logs :)
Total: 106 missions

Man of the Day award: Arin Mara, for overall curiosity, chat activity and amazing 32 missions during fleet

Special Thanks: Frites, for his support with L4 missions

Personal Thanks to Max Tsero, who found my lost MTU :)

No spider fleet next Sunday - we have Rugby at 18:00, and I've planned L3 mission fleet at 20:00 - check these topics.

Best,

Chris
<<

Chris Halsky

Portrait

Post 2020.07.21 17:57

Re: [Fleet] Spider Sunday pt4: 2020-07-26 @ 19:00

Bumpy bump, next Spider Fleet planned for 2020-07-26 - Sunday ! Join me in running missions solo, and sharing rewards/LP !

Best,

Chris
Next

Return to Corporation Events