[Event] Small gang tournament

Forum rules
Post information about upcoming events here. If you would like some assistance in planning or advertising your event, contact our Events Department.
<<

Tolerin Escipion

Portrait

Post 2020.05.03 09:57

Re: [Event] Small gang tournament

TZ / fly times: EUTZ (but during times shift according to work schedule)
PvP Experience: 2 - ish?

My PVP experience is mostly joining fleets and running a few myself.
<<

Hippla Tsero

Portrait

Communications Manager
Communications Manager

Post 2020.05.03 11:35

TZ: EU
PVP Experience: 0.01

While I flew in a few Uni fleets already, the recent 0:4 at the latest HSC fight-club destroyed any confidence in my piloting and PVP skills. I want to join anyway, mostly cause Nienke insisted :-D
<<

Yun Jingyi

Portrait

Post 2020.05.03 15:51

active from 13:00 to 01:00 during quarantine (which may end on june 2nd for me)

PVP experience: 1.2 perhaps...

I have gone on some UNI roams, done a bit of solo roams, and i'm joining a lot of NPSI public fleets lately
Image Image Image Image
<<

YooJin Moon

Portrait

Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Post 2020.05.03 18:24

US TimeZone Weekdays - 0100-??; Weekends - 1700-??

PvP Experience: 3

PvP History: https://zkillboard.com/character/92062348/

I'm currently a Lieutenant in the FCC Program and run LowSec fleets of up to 24 pilots a couple of times per month. I solo PvP in LowSec out of our LSC campus into Black Rise and a couple of other locations and also occasionally take out small gangs of up to 6-7 for the same. I regularly attend NPSI fleets with The Ancients and Spectre Fleet. As an FC I'm most comfortable in frigates and destroyers at the moment but as a pilot I'll fly anything up to and including a dreadnought.

It looks like half of those signed up are members of LSC (excellent!). So "Team Anti-Spai" is so far made up of myself, Yun Jingyi, LaurenceCWinston, Kentucky FriedJedi, and Gabriel Oreme (when he registers)...anyone else want in? We are off to a decent start! Send me an in-game mail or Slack message. Check the AAR here for the team: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 69#p922869

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Kazon Necht

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2020.05.04 03:00

YooJin Moon wrote:It looks like half of those signed up are members of LSC (excellent!). I would prefer to form a campus team if possible but am happy to participate in any way if not.

Just remember, this isn't a campus vs. campus event. I know you aren't saying that here, YooJin, we just want to encourage everybody to be open to others from different campuses too!
Kazon Necht, NSC Manager Image Image

WHC Admin Officer, Diplomat

Former Asst. Personnel Manager, WHC Education Officer, Teacher, Diplomat, Titles Officer and Podcaster
Former SSC Senior and Diplomat, Former Noble Sentiment Director
<<

YooJin Moon

Portrait

Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Post 2020.05.04 05:21

Kazon Necht wrote:
YooJin Moon wrote:It looks like half of those signed up are members of LSC (excellent!). I would prefer to form a campus team if possible but am happy to participate in any way if not.

Just remember, this isn't a campus vs. campus event. I know you aren't saying that here, YooJin, we just want to encourage everybody to be open to others from different campuses too!

My message above has been edited to avoid any perception of campus rivalry ;) See you in space!

ImageImageImageImage
<<

YooJin Moon

Portrait

Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Post 2020.05.04 07:05

Question on scoring: for fleets with other non-team member Unistas the proposed scoring system doesn't work. Not every fleet member gets in on a kill because (i.e. re-shipping, warp-offs, station repairs, etc.). Should the kills be divided only among those on the actual KM instead of in the fleet? Likewise I can miss out on a kill credit because because I only had 1 team member on the kill but more in fleet. One or the other needs to be modified.

My suggestion would be that all kills in a mixed fleet are scored using your system as long as at least (1) team member is on the kill, minimum of (2) team members in the fleet, and then score each kill by the number of people on it explicitly.

PS - Thanks for the hard work put into this. Please don't take this as criticism because your efforts are greatly appreciated. The above just doesn't quite fit in practice though. Check out my first AAR for examples of the above, both cases.

ImageImageImageImage
<<

Nienke Solette

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2020.05.04 10:23

YooJin Moon wrote:So "Team Anti-Spai" is so far made up of myself, Yun Jingyi, LaurenceCWinston, and Sketchy McGillis...anyone else want in?

Sketchy, explain yourself, I thought you were in Team HR?! :smug:

Furthermore, forming a campus team for funsies is fine, but I do want to prevent the "x campus best campus" smacktalk which could result from that :wink:
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
____________________________________________________________________________________
Senior Personnel Officer | Former Events Manager | CCI Medalist | LSC Manager | Senior FC
<<

Sketchy McGillis

Portrait

Post 2020.05.04 14:15

Nienke Solette wrote:
YooJin Moon wrote:So "Team Anti-Spai" is so far made up of myself, Yun Jingyi, LaurenceCWinston, and Sketchy McGillis...anyone else want in?

Sketchy, explain yourself, I thought you were in Team HR?!

I thought I was on Team HR! Sorry YooJin, I’ll be around the LSC but I have to stay loyal to my HR peeps...maybe next tourney!

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

YooJin Moon

Portrait

Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Post 2020.05.04 14:49

Team Anti-Spai updated to reflect the increasing number of Spais! :lol:

I'll happily have Anti-Spais join us from any campus btw...more pew!

ImageImageImageImage
<<

Gabriel Oreme

Portrait

Post 2020.05.04 15:49

To join the tournament, post your details to this thread. You'll need to include:
Your primary timezone and/or your usual flying times
Your PvP experience on a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being a total beginner and 5 being an ultimate pew-pew machine
A few sentences about your PvP experience and/or piloting abilities

I am USTZ, my most active times are 23:30-05:00.

I am ~2 in PvP experience. I have spent quite a bit of time doing low-sec camps and null sec fleet roams but it has been quite some time.

I have spent most of my time in frigate roles in fleet combat; T1 frigates, interceptors, and interdictors primarily.
<<

Kentucky FriedJedi

Portrait

Post 2020.05.04 16:05

- Your primary timezone and/or your usual flying times

Eastern time, US. evetime -4h
Currently playing on 'Covid-19' time. schedule is heavy and erratic.

- Your PvP experience on a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being a total beginner and 5 being an ultimate pew-pew machine

2-ish.

- A few sentences about your PvP experience and/or piloting abilities

I'm increibly rusty; ALL of my pew experience is from 10 years ago when I was playing on my old (lost) main. my new character is only 4 days old, but should be able to fly a basic pvp fitting for gallente. as of today, that includes frigs and destroyers, by tomorrow, I aim to be cruiser-capable. I rat in pew-capable fittings.

my old main grew up in 0.0 and flew in as many frig feets as it was offered. I had specifically trained t2 cruiser tacklers (I'm so rusty, I don't even remember their names anymore) JUST to tackle at range for those fleets. Unforunately, my only pvp experience since returning has been to get my itty 5 blown up by someone who decloaked me off a gate when I moved to lowsec
<<

Coolio Enderas

Portrait

Post 2020.05.05 18:19

USTZ for weekdays preferably 2300 to 0200 eve time. Available earlier Fri-Sunday.

PVP 1.5
Image Image
<<

Karsin Tildari

Portrait

Post 2020.05.05 21:36

I am USTZ, my most active times are 0100-0400, Thursdays and Saturdays. Tuesdays I run a PvE fleet down in Amarr.

I can fly any subcapital ship of any race, albeit poorly. A long time ago I did FW and small gang roams in FW space, but fleets I led were considered suicide runs and everyone was told to expect death by the end of the evening since we engaged pretty much anything we could find. I can drop a JC and some ships at the team base, wherever that may be. If drafted by more experienced players I may be best utilized as bait, as I can fit a mean tank on pretty much anything.
<<

Leto theII Atreides

Portrait

Post 2020.05.07 23:09

I typically fly around 11:00-13:00 and 3:00-5:00 eve time Mon through Sat. I can occasionally fly other times on Sat.

My PvP experience is around 1-1.5

My PvP experience has been some fleet roams and a bit of stuff around NSC. I have been a care-bear for a few years, but I am trying to change that by getting more engaged in PvP. I have done a lot of exploring around Syndicate, Great Wildlands and Curse. Briefly been in a few wormholes (only explorer ship not PvP). I want to improve on scouting/scanning down targets and tackling them, I don't mind flying long distances (20+ jumps) to find content if ship is cruiser or smaller.

Leto
PreviousNext

Return to Corporation Events